AlertaMat Floor+ Falls Prevention Mat
AlertaMats help to prevent accidental falls and fractures and injuries sustained due to falling. Falls and fall related injuries and fractures can be sustained by frail elderly people and disabled people during unsupervised activities or wandering alone.
AlertaMat Floor+ Falls Prevention Mat overview
- Plugs into existing nurse call system
- Helps reduce falls
- Helps prevent wandering
- Improves patient safety
- Quick and easy to instal – just plug and use
- Activated only when stepped on – hence no false alarms
- Designed for use in care institutions (i.e. care homes, hospitals, hospices, etc.)
- Can also be used for care at home
- Usable as a system with a standalone alarm monitor
- Usable with call bell buzzer for patient reassurance
- Made from hygienic, anti-bacterial and easy to clean cushioned material
- Affordable and cost-effective falls prevention mat
- Robust welded seals and strong wiring
- Large size minimises chances of overstepping (60 x 90 cm)
- Two linked AlertaMats can be connected to nurse call system using one nurse call point
- Practical, durable and affordable falls prevention mat
AlertaMat Floor+ is the least expensive of the AlertaMats falls prevention floor mats. Is a robust and durable and gives comforting cushioning feel, well appreciated in the environment of care homes. It is a floor mat for use on a bedroom floor to provide effective falls prevention solution in care institutions, including dementia care homes, hospitals and hospices.
There are no inconvenient and disruptive false alarms with the AlertaMats. Every alert is for real! This is especially helpful in reducing the number of time consuming room checks and especially useful at night with fewer disturbances to sleeping patients.
AlertaMat Floor+ connects to an existing nurse call system or can be used with a standalone Alerta Alarm Monitor.
The AlertaMat Floor+ is supplied ready fitted with one of two different plugs – a single ring plug or double ring plug that are compatible with most of the Nurse Call Systems used in care homes. You must select the mat with the plug you require in the online cart.
When placed on the floor at the bedside or near the bedroom door, the AlertaMat Floor+ activates the nurse call system as soon as it is stepped on, giving the carers a warning that a vulnerable person got up from the bed and may be at risk of falling. Generous size of the AlertaMat Floor+ helps to prevent easily overstepping by the patient.
AlertaMat Floor+ features an additional 6” lead enabling connection and use of the Alerta Call Personal Bell Buzzer. Alerta Call is a personal bell buzzer that offers the patients reassurance of help at their fingertips, whenever they need assistance from their carers. Alternatively, the additional 6” lead enables linking of another AlertaMat for both mats to be connected to the nurse call system via one nurse call point, using a double plug adapter. This enables the most vulnerable patients at risk of falling be protected by 2 AlertaMats placed on 2 different sides of their beds for extra safety.
The AlertaMat is simple to use. It is supplied ready to plug in to the nurse call system or to a standalone alarm monitor.
Just position the AlertaMat strategically by the side of the bed or in front of a chair or in a doorway. The AlertaMat works by triggering the nurse call system alarm, when the mat has been stepped on, thus alerting nursing staff that the patient is trying to get up or leave the room. There are no false alarms with the AlertaMat. Every alert is for real! This is especially helpful in reducing the number of time consuming room checks and especially useful at night with fewer disturbances to sleeping patients.
Additionally, the AlertaMat incorporates an extra socket, which can either serve a second mat placed on the other side of the bed or patient's personal Alerta Alarm Call, a push-button buzzer lead for patient safety reassurance.
AlertaMat Floor+ Falls Prevention Mat - an excellent and affordable choice of falls prevention mat for care homes!
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Dimensions: 60 x 90 cm
- AlertaMat Floor+ is supplied with selected plug (i.e. single ring plug or double ring plug) and is ready to use. 12 months warranty. Please select the mat with the plug you require in the online cart.
- AlertaMat Floor+ and Alarm Monitor (i.e. AlertaMat System). 12 months warranty.
*VAT relief available for disabled persons or chronically ill persons receiving care at home.