Aquaflex Cones and Weights System
Aquaflex Weighted Cones Pelvic Floor Exercise System
Clinically proven Aquaflex Pelvic Floor Exercise System presents a simple and effective way to strengthen your pelvic floor for life long continence by pelvic floor workout with weighted vaginal cones. Aquaflex has been especially designed to help women with stress incontinence. Stress incontinence can be described as urine leakage that arises when a pressure on abdomen increases - for instance when coughing, sneezing, laughing, running, jogging or exercising. Aquaflex is clinically proven to cure or reduce the severity of stress incontinence symptoms.
* Aquaflex can be purchased VAT free by women diagnosed with stress incontinence.
Aquaflex System is effective in combating existing stress incontinence.
Aquaflex Pelvic Floor Exercise System consists of weighted vaginal cones, enabling gradual progression from weak to strong pelvic floor with regular Kegel exercise. Aquaflex System is effective in combating existing stress incontinence. It can also help to prevent incontinence from developing. Aquaflex Cones - a perfect pelvic floor exerciser for regular Kegel exercise workout!
Aquaflex Pelvic Floor Exercise System overview
- Simple to use
- Effective - if used daily you can see improvements (i.e. reduction in severity of stress incontinence symptoms) in just 12 weeks
- Helps to isolate and contract pelvic floor muscles
- As muscle strength increases, add more weights gradually for steady improvements
- Convenient - Aquaflex pelvic floor exercise takes just 20 minutes per day
- Clinically proven with 70% of stress incontinence symptoms cured or reduced
- Affordable pelvic floor health aid
Aquaflex Pelvic Floor Exercise System
Aquaflex is a clinically proven Pelvic Floor Exercise System consisting of weighted vaginal cones. Aquaflex has been specially designed to help women suffering with stress incontinence. Stress incontinence is characterised by accidental leaking of urine during laughing, coughing, sneezing, running, jogging or exercising.
Stress incontinence is a condition experienced by 1 in 3 women at some point in their lives. Stress incontinence is caused by an overall weakness in pelvic floor. The factors that contribute to pelvic floor weakness include pregnancy and childbirth, hormonal changes, menopause and aging. Additionally, there can be a genetic family tendency towards a weak pelvic floor.
Pelvic floor experts recommend that all women should regularly exercise their pelvic floor muscles to prevent incontinence as well as other pelvic floor related problems, such as pelvic organ prolapse. Pelvic floor muscles are attached to pubic bone and resemble a hammock that supports organs located in abdominal cavity, such as bladder, bowels and uterus.
You can use Aquaflex to address your existing stress incontinence problems or preventively to prevent potential stress incontinence problems from arising.
Prevention and Cure of Incontinence with Aquaflex
1. Curing incontinence with Aquaflex: If you already suffer stress incontinence with urine leaks occurring during laughing or coughing, sneezing, dancing or running, start using Aquaflex immediately to see a positive difference within 12 weeks. Aquaflex training will help to restore your pelvic floor muscle tone, contributing to a greater bladder control and progressively reducing symptoms. Experience suggests that up to 70% of stress incontinence cases can be cured or improved by using weighted vaginal cones.
2. Prevention of incontinence with Aquaflex: Aquaflex can also be used as a preventive measure to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles prior to pregnancy or as a part of an overall fitness programme. All efforts vested in strengthening of the pelvic floor before stress incontinence develops will pay dividends during and after pregnancy and in later life.
About Aquaflex Pelvic Floor Exercise System
The Aquaflex system consists of 2 vaginal cones and a set of weights. Inserted like a tampon, the Aquaflex cone causes the pelvic floor muscles to automatically contract around it. It is this reflex action that tones the pelvic floor muscles.
Pelvic floor muscles are attached to the pubic bone and form a sort of hammock that supports the bladder, uterus and bowels.
By performing pelvic floor exercises with an aid of Aquaflex Pelvic Floor Exercise System, you can strengthen your pelvic floor in just 12 weeks. Aquaflex can cure stress incontinence or helps to prevent incontinence from arising.
Aquaflex Pelvic Floor Exercise System is easy to use. You will find detailed instructions in the user manual. You must read the user manual prior to first use of Aquaflex.
Aquaflex consists of 2 empty cones and 4 weights (1 x 5 g, 1 x 10 g, 2 x 20 g). For best outcomes, you should commence your pelvic floor training with the larger cone. Insert empty cone as you would insert a tampon and try to hold it in place by tightening your pelvic floor muscles.
Please note that if you are unable to hold the empty cone in place at all, you should consult your doctor and obtain a referral to a specialist women's health physiotherapist, who will be able to help you.
When the empty cone stays in place while you stand, you are ready to add weights. You should add weights until you find it an effort to keep the weighed cone in place, while standing. At this point - you have found your ideal weight to commence your pelvic floor training with Aquaflex.
Once you have established your starting training weight, you should aim to increase the time you can keep the cone in place - aim for up to 20 minutes per day.
When the cone is in place in your vagina, it causes your pelvic floor muscles to contract automatically around it. It is this reflex action that is exercising and strengthening your pelvic floor muscles. Hence, when using Aquaflex cones, you do not have to 'squeeze and lift' as when performing other types of pelvic floor exercises.
As soon as you can keep the large cone with weights in place with ease, it is time to progress to the smaller cone. Once again, commence with an empty cone and gradually add heavier weights.
To achieve fast progress and reduction of urinary incontinence symptoms, it is best to use Aquaflex every day for the first 8 - 12 weeks.
Many women find that they can't manage to hold a cone with all the weights. There is no need for concern, if this happens to you! As with any form of exercise, it is important to make a slow, but steady progress within personal abilities and limitations.
Once you can keep the weighted cone in place whilst standing, you can make the exercise more challenging by trying to retain the cone, whilst walking around the house, climbing stairs or gently jogging on the spot. At first you may need to use lighter weights than you are used to, but you will soon progress to your optimum strength, as your muscles continue to grow stronger.
Whilst you have reached your pelvic floor strength goal, it is important to ensure that you maintain your pelvic muscle tone and strength long term. You can achieve this by using Aquaflex regularly once or twice per week.
Aquaflex Contraindications and Precautions
- Do not use during pregnancy
- Do not use during or just after intercourse
- Do not use when using diaphragm or cap
- Do not use when suffering prolapse
- Do not use during period or if you have a vaginal infection
- Always wash hands before and after using Aquaflex
- Wash cones and weights thoroughly after each use
- Do not share Aquaflex with another user for reasons of hygiene
- If you do not experience improvements in 12 weeks, seek professional advice
Aquaflex Pelvic Floor Exercise System specifications
Material (cones): Medical Grade Plastic
Weight: 1 x 5 g, 1 x 10 g, 2 x 20 g
Size: small cone 62 mm long x 22 mm diameter; large cone 62 mm long x 27 mm diameter
Total item weight: 181 g
Aquaflex Pelvic Floor Exercise System Questions & Answers
- What should I do if I cannot hold an empty cone shell when I am lying down and pulling gently on the cord?
If this happens, you may need some help from a specialist women's health physiotherapists. Your doctor will be able to refer you to one in your local area.
- Do I have to be standing up when using the cones?
Yes, in the upright position, gravity will cause the cone to move downwards. To prevent the cone from falling out, the muscles tighten up around the cone and keep it in place. This automatic response would not occur without gravity, so sitting down would be ineffective.
- How can I tell if I have got my cone in the right place?
All women are shaped differently, so the precise position will vary from person to person. As a general guide, the base of the cone, where the cord joins the shell, should be 2 cm inside you - about the same distance as from the tip of your finger to the first joint. Make sure you do not position the cone as high as you would the tampon. You may find the cone slips down slightly, byt always ensure the cone shell remains fully enclosed within the vagina.
- Can I do the pelvic floor exercises shown at my post natal class whilst using Aquaflex?
You can carry our the sort of 'squeeze and lift' exercises, but as with all exercise, you must take care not to over exercise the muscles. Take is slowly and carefully for the best results without strain.
- How soon after having a baby can I start using Aquaflex?
Listen to your body and start as soon as you feel comfortable. It is best to wait until any stitches or grazes have healed, which will most likely take about 8 weeks. Alternatively, wait until you have been given the all clear at your post natal check up.
- What is the best time of day to use Aquaflex?
Aquaflex can be used at any time to fit in with your schedule. It is worth bearing in mind that as the day progresses, your muscles are becoming tired. So, if you exercise in the evening, you nay not be able to use as many weights or to exercise for as long as necessary.
- For how long should I continue to use Aquaflex?
With regular daily use you should notice some improvement within eight weeks. To maximise the outcomes, it is important that you continue to exercise every day for up to 12 weeks.
- What should I do if I exercise regularly, but do not feel any improvements?
If you are following the instructions correctly and exercising regularly, but without results, you should ask your doctor for a referral to a specialist physiotherapist for one to one consultation.
- Once my pelvic floor muscles are stronger, is there a maintenance routine I should follow?
To make sure that you maintain your muscle tone, you should continue using Aquaflex once or twice every week.
- Can I use Aquaflex is I experience vaginal dryness?
Yes - you can. You may however find it easier to insert the cone, if it has been moistened with water or a very small amount of vaginal lubricant.
- Am I at risk of developing thrush or any other infections from Aquaflex?
No - you are not, provided that you follow a simply hygiene rules. Always make sure that you wash your hands thoroughly before (and after) using Aquaflex. Also ensure that every part of the Aquaflex kit is washed in soapy water, rinsed and dried after each use.
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Aquaflex Cones kit consists of 2 cones ( large and small) and 4 weights ( 1 x 5 g, 1 x 10 g and 2 x 20 g).
Aquaflex system comprises of 2 cones (large and small), 4 weights (1 x 5 g, 1 x 10 g, 2 x 20 g), plastic storage case and multilingual user manual (English, French, German, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Danish). CE mark.
VAT exemption is available, when purchased for personal use by women with relevant chronic conditions. VAT relief declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase.