AED Defibrillators Save Lives
Sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) claims thousands of lives each year. Time is critical and the lives of many could be saved, if defibrillation of sudden cardiac arrest victims could begin within first few minutes after collapse.
- Data from the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) suggest that circa 350 thousand people suffer sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) each year in Europe. This equates to 1000 people per day!
- Sudden cardiac arrest is the leading cause of death and in Europe accounts to approximately 20% of all deaths.
- Analysis of heart rhythm suggests that 25 – 50% of sudden cardiac arrest victims have ventricular fibrillation. However, when the heart rhythm is addressed shortly after sufferer’s collapse, using an on-site AED (Automated External Defibrillator), the proportion of victims in VF can be as high as 76%.
Ventricular fibrillation cardiac arrest responds to immediate emergency CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and early electrical defibrillation.
In sudden cardiac arrest, time is critical and the speed of action is the key to survival and better long-term prognosis. This means that having a quick access to a ready to use AED is or paramount importance, so that immediate CPR can be delivered, while awaiting for help from emergency medical responders.
In sudden cardiac arrest, every minute counts. With an AED, defibrillation can be delivered in the first few minutes, increasing the chance of survival to over 90%. If defibrillation is not delivered, the chance of survival decreases with each passing minute by 7 – 10%.
Automated External Defibrillators help to save lives! Easy to use even by inexperienced bystanders, the AEDs empower people to save lives, when sudden cardiac arrests strike.
Our website features the following AED Defibrillators from Cardiac Science
- Powerheart G5 AED Fully Automatic Defibrillator
- Powerheart G5 AED Semi-Automatic Defibrillator
- Powerheart G5 AED Accessories
Powerheart AED from Cardiac Science can help you save a life, too!