Beurer EM 27 Wearable Ankle TENS for Ankle Pain Relief
Beurer EM 27 is a TENS machine especially designed to wrap around the ankle area to combat pain. Beurer EM 27 utilises TENS technology – transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation - which is a proven effective method of pain relief.
TENS therapy is effective and very safe. When administered correctly, the TENS therapy has no side effects and can reduce pain without medication. TENS therapy has been used for many decades and has been thoroughly clinically tested. TENS therapy works by inhibiting pain signals and preventing them from reaching pain centre in the brain. TENS therapy also stimulates secretion of endorphins, body’s own natural peptides with analgesic effects that help to reduce sensation of pain.
Beurer EM 27 Ankle TENS is intended for pain relief at the ankle. The TENS electrodes are incorporated in a cuff that wraps and fastens with hook and loop fasteners around the ankle. The cuff is designed to fit on both ankles – left and right. Convenient and easy to use, the Beurer EM 27 helps to relieve ankle area discomfort.
Beurer EM 27 Wearable Ankle TENS overview
- Wearable single channel TENS machine for ankle pain
- Convenient and easy to use
- Features 4 pre-set programs designed for pain relief at the ankle
- 20 selectable intensity levels
- Lock function to prevent unintentional increase in intensity during use
- Easy switch off
- Battery powered – uses 3 x AAA batteries (supplied)
- Battery status indicator
- Memory function – saves/remembers the last program used
- Cuff-shaped with 2 integrated wear-free water contact skin electrodes
- Integrated skin electrodes are wear-free and do not need to be replaced
- Water contact skin electrodes do not require conductive gels
- Ergonomically shaped cuff to universally fit at the ankle
- Flexible for snug fit around the ankle area
- Adjustable to individual size with hook and loop fasteners
- Fits ankle circumference of circa 13 – 31 cm
- Remote non-wireless controller features belt clip for convenience during use
Beurer EM 27 pre-set programs
- Program A: 4 Hz – 110 Hz (3 phases); 30 minutes duration
- Program B: 4 Hz; 25 minutes duration
- Program C: 2 Hz (burst); 25 minutes duration
- Program D: 100 Hz; 25 minutes duration
Using the Beurer EM 27 Ankle TENS
The wearable Beurer EM 27 is simple to prepare and easy to use. Simply follow user instructions.
- Fit the batteries into the battery compartment.
- Connect the controller with the cuff, using the connection cable.
- Ensure that the area to be treated is clean and wet/moist with water.
- Moisten the integral skin electrodes with water.
- Fit the cuff around your ankle you wish to treat with TENS treatment and fasten the hook and loop fasteners. The cuff - when worn - should not be too tight, but the moist integral skin electrodes must maintain contact with the skin to enable TENS treatment.
- Ensure the controller is connected to the cuff and switch the TENS on.
- Select your treatment program.
- Choose the intensity level - treatment must be felt but must not be uncomfortable.
- Relax and enjoy the soothing pain-relieving treatment of your ankle!
Beurer EM 27 Ankle TENS specifications
- TENS machine with flexible cuff for ankle pain
- Pulse length: 60 – 220 µs per phase
- Waveform: symmetric biphasic rectangular pulse
- Output voltage: max 50 Vpp / 5.5 V rms at 500 ohm load
- Output current: max 100 mApp / 11 mArms at 500 ohm load
- Output frequency: 2 – 110 Hz
- Voltage supply: 4.5 V (3 x 1.5 AAA, type LR03)
- Operating conditions: 0° to 40° C, 20 – 65% RH
- Storage conditions: 0° to 55° C, 10 – 90 % RH
- Cuff circumference: circa 18 – 31 cm (universal size adjustable with hook and loop fasteners)
- Weight: Device with batteries: circa 90 g/ Device, cuff and cable: circa 165 g with batteries
- CE 0483 Medical Device
- 5 years warranty
- Please read the user manual prior to first use and follow all recommendations and contraindications listed. Retain user manual for future reference.
- For hygiene reason, the cuff may only be used by one person
- Do not use if you have implanted electrical devices (i.e. pacemaker)
- Do not use, if you have metal implants
- During high fever
- If you use insulin pump
- If suffering from heart problems and arrhythmia
- If suffering with epilepsy
- When pregnant
- If suffering with cancer
- Immediately post-surgery
- If you suffer with acute of chronic diseases
- On diseased or inflamed skin and on open wounds, rashes, burns, bruises, swelling or unhealed surgical scars
- At the same time as surgical high frequency devices
- When in high humidity areas (i.e. bathroom or shower)
- Please refer to full list of contraindications, precautions and warnings in user manual
Beurer EM 27 Ankle TENS – perfect pain relief TENS machine for your ankles!
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£5.00 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.00 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 3 - 4 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£15.00 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
Cuff circumference: circa 18 – 31 cm (universal size adjustable with hook and loop fasteners) / Weight: Device with batteries: circa 90 g/ Device, cuff and cable: circa 165 g with batteries
Beurer EM 27 Ankle TENS kit contains the TENS cuff with cable and controller, 3 x AAA batteries and multilingual user instructions. CE 0483 and 5-years warranty.
VAT relief available for personal use by people suffering relevant chronic problems.