Beurer HA 85 Digital Hearing Amplifiers Pair Rechargeable
Beurer HA 85 are digital hearing amplifiers intended to help people with limited hearing to hear better, louder and more clearly. Beurer HA 85 are RIC devices that work by amplifying indoor and outdoor sounds and then transmitting the amplified sounds directly into the ear canals. Please note that the hearing amplifiers are not treatment devices as they cannot prevent or reduce hearing loss, but they are simply hearing aids designed to enhance hearing of indoor and outdoor sounds. Beurer HA 85 Hearing Amplifiers are supplied as a pair (i.e. set of 2 hearing amplifiers) that fit ergonomically and discreetly behind ears.
Beurer HA 85 Hearing Amplifiers are made in RIC design (‘Receiver-In-Canal’). RIC hearing amplifiers utilise advanced modern technology that prevents loss of sound in transmission. RIC amplifiers are a subtype of BTE (Behind The Ear) hearing amplifiers. However, the RIC amplifiers have receiver speakers located directly inside the ear canals for high quality clearer sounds. RIC hearing amplifiers deliver excellent acoustic sound transmission due to the sounds transmitted directly into and within the ear canals.
Beurer HA 85 Hearing Amplifiers are powered by exchangeable rechargeable batteries. Charging is easy by utilising the storage box and its charging function. Simply connect the storage box to the mains power socket with the supplied micro-USB cable. Green flashing light on the storage box indicates charging and the permanent static green light indicates full charge has been achieved. It takes circa 2 hours to fully charge the amplifiers and the batteries.
Please note that the Beurer HA 85 Hearing Amplifiers cannot treat or prevent hearing loss. You must consult your doctor, if you have a serious or progressively worsening hearing problem or experience a sudden significant reduction in hearing. Your hearing must be checked by a doctor or hearing specialist prior to using hearing amplifiers. The settings of the hearing amplifiers must only be adjusted by a trained hearing expert (i.e. ENT doctor or nurse or an audiologist, etc.).
Beurer HA 85 Hearing Amplifiers overview
- Perfect for people with limited hearing
- Supplied as a pair of rechargeable hearing amplifiers – one amplifier per ear
- RIC (i.e. Receiver-In-Canal) designs for better and clearer hearing of sounds and greater hearing of speaking sounds
- Very small, ergonomically fitting behind ear and barely noticeable when worn
- Discreet and compact design with hearing amplifier speaker placed directly into the ear canal
- Excellent acoustic transmission of all sounds indoor and outdoor
- Volume adjustable up/down to desired level enabling clear hearing of all types of sounds
- Two selectable hearing programmes (modes) for quiet and loud environments: Normal Mode for quiet environments (i.e. at home or in the office) & Noise Reduction Mode for crowded or outside areas (i.e. on the move, shopping at supermarkets, in restaurants, when visiting amusement parks, etc.)
- Low-noise rendering
- Supplied with 4 ear plugs attachments per ear for best fit into the ear canals
- Frequency range: 200 – 8000 Hz
- Amplification: 38 dB maximum
- Volume: 114 dB maximum
- Storage box with charging function
- Dimensions: 28 x 29 x 40 mm
- Affordable and cost-effective
- Medical Device (CE1639)
- 3 years warranty
Using Beurer HA 85 Hearing Amplifiers (Pair)
Beurer HA 85 hearing amplifiers are supplied with an easy to understand illustrated user instructions. Prior to first use ensure that you are familiar with the contents of the instructions. It is essential that you follow recommendations listed in the instructions to achieve the best outcomes from the use of the hearing amplifiers. When reading the user instructions, it is important to pay attention to ‘Warnings and Safety Notes’ section that recommends hearing check up by a qualified medical professional, such as an ENT doctor or an audiologist, who will also perform any necessary adjustments of your hearing amplifiers depending on the findings of your hearing examination.
Other points to note:
- Beurer HA 85 must not be used, when you are suffering from existing or previous ear problems, unless its use is agreed or recommended by a qualified medical professional.
- Beurer HA 85 is an RIC hearing device (‘Receiver-In-Canal’), which means that its receiver speakers are placed directly inside of the ear canals, hence it is important not to use the HA 85 hearing amplifiers, if you have an infection in the ear or if there are signs of inflammation in the ear, discharge of rashes present.
- It is important to remember that the Beurer HA 85 Hearing Amplifiers are single user devices, which means that you must never share your hearing aids with another person to prevent the danger of cross-contamination and in the interest of hygiene and health.
- Beurer HA 85 Hearing amplifiers are not suitable for small children under the age of 36 months. Other older children must be examined by appropriately qualified hearing specialist before a hearing aid is chosen.
- All warnings, safety points and precautions are listed in the user instructions, so be sure to consult the instructions prior to first use and for continual reference thereafter.
- Prior to first use it is essential to ensure that the hearing amplifiers and the batteries are charged. To charge them, connect the storage box with charging function with inserted hearing amplifiers and interchangeable Li-Ion batteries to the mains power, using the micro-USB cable. Flashing green light indicates that the amplifiers and the batteries are being charged. When charging is complete, the green light becomes permanently static. It takes circa 2 hours to fully charge the amplifiers and the batteries.
- You should always store your hearing amplifiers in the storage box after they have been fully charged. Simple charging instructions are presented in the user instructions, so please ensure that you follow them.
First use step by step:
- Set the initial volume to the lowest setting before using/operating the hearing amplifiers.
- The sound hearing tubes are printed/identified with 2B in red or blue. The red is for right ear and the blue is for left ear.
- Attach the earplugs to the sound tubes.
- Place the hearing amplifier case behind your ears.
- Hold one sound tube and carefully position the earplug in the ear canal. If the earplug does not fit tightly and comfortably, try a different earplug.
- Place the fixing tube (i.e. the curved part of the sound hearing tube) along the outside of your ear to ensure that earplug fits tightly and securely in the ear. If the fixing tube causes you discomfort or bothers you, you can remove it at the point where it connects to the speaker.
- You must never insert the sound tube into the ear canal without an earplug!
- To switch the hearing amplifiers on or off, just hold down the program selection button on the device for 3 seconds - as illustrated in user instructions.
- Use volume control to adjust the sound volume to desired / appropriate level, so that you can hear the sounds clearly and distinctly.
- Beurer HA 85 Hearing Amplifiers offer 2 selectable programs/modes: P1 is for quiet indoors environments (i.e. home or office) and P2 is a noise reduction program for use on the move and in noisy environments, such as supermarkets or restaurants. You can easily change the hearing program by pressing the program selection button.
- Once the batteries in the hearing amplifiers run out of charge, you can easily replace them with the fully charged spare batteries. Simply slide off discharged battery from the hearing amplifier and slide on fully charged battery.
- Dry moisture and sweat from your amplifiers after each use by placing the drying capsule into the special slot inside the storage box – see user instructions. When the drying capacity of the capsule diminishes, its colour changes from bright orange to whitish, indicating that it must be replaced with a new capsule.
- Please ensure that you clean your hearing amplifiers routinely. It is an easy and simple process that is clearly described in user instructions. Earwax guards prevent earwax causing damage to the hearing amplifiers or completely blocking the passage of sounds. User instructions include advice on earwax guards and when to change them.
- Always refer to illustrated user instructions to ensure correct operation of the Beurer HA 85. Retain the user instructions for your future reference.
Beurer HA 85 Hearing Amplifiers technical specifications
- Maximum sound pressure level: 111 dB ± 3 dB
- Sound amplification: 33 dB ± 5 dB maximum
- Overall harmonic distortion: ≤ 3% @ 1600 Hz
- Frequency range: 200 – 8000 Hz
- Input noise: ≤ 32 dB
- Voltage: 1.5 V
- Power supply: ≤ 3 mA
- Operation period: ≥ 26 hours
- Dimensions: 28 x 29 x 40 mm
- Operating conditions: Temperature: - 10° C to + 40° C; RH: 30 % ~ 75 %; Atmospheric pressure: 700 ~ 1600 hPa
- Storage and transport conditions: Temperature: - 10° C to + 55° C; RH: 10 % ~ 90 %; Atmospheric pressure: 500 ~ 1600 hPa
- Serial number is located on the device
Beurer HA 85 Hearing Amplifiers – advanced RIC hearing amplifiers that deliver clear sounds indoors and outdoors!
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£5.00 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.00 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 3 - 4 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£15.00 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
Dimensions: 28 x 29 x 40 mm
- Beurer HA 85 Hearing Amplifiers kit consists of 2 x digital hearing amplifiers, 8 x earplugs in different sizes and designs, 1 x cleaning brush, 1 x drying capsule, 2 x interchangeable spare batteries, 1 x storage box with charging function, 1 x micro-USB charger cable and multilingual user instructions. CE1639 and 3 years warranty.
- Beurer Drying Capsules - pack of 8 drying capsules for drying hearing amplifiers after wearing.
- Beurer Earwax Guards - pack of 4 storage boxes with 8 filters each.
VAT exemption is available for people with chronic hearing problems. VAT exemption declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase at the checkout.