Collins Expressor Forceps for Aggressive Expression of Meibomian Glands
Currently out of stock
Collins Expressor Forceps are part of Bruder Ophthalmic Surgical Instruments range indicated for use with the Bruder Moist Heat Eye Hydrating Compress.
Collins Expressor Forceps are designed for aggressive expression of the Meibomian glands located in the rim of lower eyelid. Prior to expression procedure, a warmed Bruder Moist Heat Eye Compress should be applied to soften and unclog the blocked Meibomian glands.
Collins Expressor Forceps are made of German stainless steel. The forceps has a non-slip handle for a firm and secure grip and features 2 oval closed paddles positioned at 12° angle. The forceps is 95 mm long. Collins Expressor Forceps is primarily intended for use by medical professionals. Collins Expressor Forceps carries lifetime guarantee against defects in materials and workmanship. Collins Expressor Forceps is made in Germany for Bruder Healthcare Company.
Please note that albeit designed for professional use and manufactured to stringent standards of surgical instruments, the Collins Expressor Forceps can also be used at home by the sufferers of eye lid margin disorders, such as Meibomian Gland Dysfunction for regular expression of Meibomian Glands.
Using Collins Expressor Forceps
- For best results use Bruder Eye Hydrating Compress for 3 – 5 minutes prior to expression.
- Remove compress and put 1 drop of ophthalmic anaesthetic drops into the lower fornix of the eye.
- Using a magnifying loupe to view the eyelid margin, insert one expression paddle to lower fornix of the eye and rest it at the junction of the bulbar and palpebral conjunctiva.
- Place the second paddle on the outside of the eyelid.
- Use the 2 paddles to apply even and upward pressure to the lower lid, while viewing the Meibomian glands for expression.
- Repeat the process of even and upward pressure laterally along the lids of both eyes.
Collins Expressor Forceps - a simple and effective way to empty your Meibomian Glands.