DripAssist™ Infusion Rate Monitor
DripAssist™ Infusion Rate Monitor for Safe & Accurate Administration of Intravenous Medication
IN STOCK - please contact us for pricing and volume disounts information.
DripAssist™ is an innovative award-winning Infusion Rate Monitor that transforms gravity drip sets into powerful infusion tools that deliver fast and precise IV infusions anywhere in different care settings to adults and children of all ages. Affordable, cost-effective and easy to use, the DripAssist™ monitors and manages all spectrum of specialty and traditional IV drips – from medications infusions, anti-infective IV therapies, chemotherapies to pain management, hydration and nutrition infusions.
DripAssist™ Infusion Rate Monitor works well in all care settings, where gravity IV infusions are administered. It can be used with confidence on hospital wards, in outpatient clinics, in maternity hospitals, in delivery suits and on neonatal wards. It performs perfectly in paediatric hospitals and clinics and in elderly care hospitals and care homes. It helps to deliver pre-admission medications and helps to efficiently deliver infusion therapy used in the management of infectious diseases.
DripAssist™ Infusion Rate Monitor makes safe and effective IV infusions possible and deliverable in all care scenarios, including hospitals, clinics, care homes, home care, primary care medical centres as well as mobile emergency services.
DripAssist™ Infusion Rate Monitor summary
- The simplest IV infusion management system
- Benefits all care settings administering gravity infusions
- Manages and monitors IV drips without infusion pumps
- Monitors infusions quickly and easily
- Does not require programming or drop counting
- Proven accurate and reliable
- Always knows exact volume infused
- Does not require calibration or maintenance
- Usable with most IV drip sets and tube sizes
- Versatile and practical for use in all care environments
- Easy to understand and learn to use in less than 5 minutes
- Improves patient safety and standards of care
- Makes safe and accurate IV infusions possible in all scenarios
- Affordable and long-term cost-effective
- Saves valuable nursing time and improves efficiency
- Reduces investment and running costs
- Portable, compact and durable
- Battery powered for convenience
- Medical Device Class 2b
- One-year warranty
- Made in the USA by Shift Labs
DripAssist™ Infusion Rate Monitor brief overview
DripAssist™ is a passive monitor designed to be a supplementary monitor that measures the flow of the fluid through the drip chamber of a standard IV administration set. DripAssist™ does not control the flow rate of fluids passing through the drip chamber. It monitors the drops passing through the drip chamber by tracking the intervals between drops and calculates a drip rate in drops per minute. Using the drip rate, the DripAssist™ estimates flow rate and total volume that are based on the manufacturer’s stated drip factor of the tubing set used. Calculations are displayed on the LCD screen.
After the target infusion rate has been set, an alarm can be activated to alert the user to any changes from the pre-set range (i.e. sounding an alert, when the flow rate changes, the drip bag is fully drained, or the flow stops).
DripAssist™ clips onto any gravity drip set to accurately measure flow rate and volume of any IV medication or fluid. DripAssist™ counts drops within 1% accuracy across the entire measurement range, monitoring IV infusions reliably and continually, so that the exact infused volume is always known.
DripAssist™ key points summary
- Easy to install and easy to use, the DripAssist™ is always accurate, safe and reliable.
- It takes less than 5 minutes to learn how to use the DripAssist™!
- DripAssist™ does not require calibration or costly maintenance and works on just a single AA battery for a very long time.
- DripAssist™ improves nursing confidence in administration of safe and effective IV infusion therapy, leading to greater patient safety and higher patient satisfaction.
- Affordable and cost-effective, the DripAssist™ saves nursing time, reduces costs and gives peace of mind during administration of intravenous infusion therapy.
- Battery: one AA battery lasts 360 hours
- Dimensions: 127 x 62 x 28 mm
- Weight: 108 g
- Measurements units: Flow rate (ml/h), drops per minute (dp/m), total volume (ml)
- Alarm: 80 dB at 10 cm approximately. Sounds at ±13% rate change or when flow stops.
- Minimum Chamber Diameter: 13 mm
- Maximum Chamber Diameter: 21.1 mm
- Compatible Drip Sets: 10, 15, 20 and 60 gtt/ml
- Accuracy: ± 1% drip rate
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- Standards of Compliance
- Rated Emissions: CISPR 11:2010
- Ingress Protection: IP22
- Electromagnetic compatibility: IEC 61000-4
- Regulatory: SOR/98-282, MDD 93/42/EEC, ISO 134585:2003, ISO 13485:2003 CMDCAS, CE Mark
Medical Professionals: Please call us or e-mail us for pricing of the DripAssist™ or to book a demonstration.
Please note: DripAssist™ is not a device for home use. DripAssist™ is a medical device for use by medically qualified professionals. The only home use of DripAssist™ is permitted, if a patient receiving home care is undergoing IV infusion therapy that is prescribed, installed and overlooked by a qualified nursing or other qualified medical professional.
DripAssist™ Infusion Rate Monitor - the safe and effective solution for infusion therapy administration.