Elle TENS with Opti-Max Technology
Elle Obstetric TENS
Elle TENS - Drug Free Pain Relief for Labour and Beyond - the Ultimate Digital Obstetric TENS for Maximum Pain Relief during Childbirth
The Elle TENS uses the latest Opti-Max technology. Opti-Max Technology provides an extra pulse of power for pain relief effectiveness, especially useful in the final stages of childbirth. Elle TENS with Opti-Max Technology for Ultimate Pain Relief in Childbirth: Elle TENS is the ultimate digital dual channel TENS for pain relief in childbirth. Elle TENS is recommended by midwives and doctors to pregnant women wishing to deliver their baby naturally and with minimum pain.
Elle TENS Babycare TENS machine utilises the latest Opti-Max technology for extra powerful pain relief effects at the time of painful contractions.Elle TENS offers maximum pain relief during labour and beyond. All the settings are pre-set so there is no fuss in setting Elle TENS up ready for use. Elle TENS features dual intensity controls for total flexibility and control over the skin electrodes placed at mid and lower back. Elle TENS Babycare TENS has an integrated 'booster button' which if pressed at the onset of a contraction for a surge of pain relieving pulsing power. Opti-Max technology gives you an extra reserve of power when you really need it during labour.
Elle TENS overview
- Dual channel
- Pre-set modes for ease of use
- Integrated boost button
- Post natal pain relief
- Opti-max for extra pulse power
- Neck cord for mobility
- Tough rotating belt clip
- Large LCD display
- Uses 4 large pads
- Can be used for post-natal pain relief
- Small, ergonomic & discreet
Elle TENS features dual intensity controls for total flexibility and control over the skin electrodes placed at mid and lower back. Elle TENS Babycare TENS has an integrated 'booster button' which if pressed at the onset of a contraction for a surge of pain relieving pulsing power. Opti-Max technology gives you an extra reserve of power when you really need it during labour.
The Babycare TENS Elle TENS is also excellent after the birth for treating neck pain and back pain as well as sports injuries and period pain.
Elle TENS is sleek, modern, attractive and ergonomically shaped for easy holding. In addition to holding your Elle TENS in your hand, you can also wear your Elle TENS on a neck cord or clip it conveniently onto your clothing.
Using Babycare TENS Elle TENS
Elle TENS is easy to use.
You should start using Elle TENS as early as you can at the onset of your labour. TENS stimulation will encourage your body to commence release your own natural pain killing substances, called endorphins and encephalins.
- First of all - position the skin electrodes on your body in the area of mid and lower back as shown in the user manual. Connect the skin electrodes to the Elle TENS unit using lead wires. Switch Elle TENS on, ensuring the Elle TENS is in BURST 1 mode.
BURST 1 mode is the first mode you will use. The stimulation signals feel like a bursting tingling sensation. This mode helps to promote release of the natural pain killing substances in your body to help you cope with pain and discomfort.
Adjust the intensity of the signal till you feel a gentle pulsating sensation.
- At the onset of a contraction, simply press the 'BOOST' button for additional surge of power needed to fight the pain. The Elle TENS will automatically engage the BOOST 1 mode for the extra surge of power. Once contraction passes and pain subsides, release the 'Boost' button and continue as before in BURST 1 mode. Repeat this as often as you need during your early stages of labour.
- When your labour advances and your contraction become more frequent, you can switch to BURST 2 mode by pressing the Mode button. Elle TENS will subsequently generate BURST 2 signals and when you press the BOOST button, it will work automatically in BOOST 2 mode.
The Modes are interchangeable and can be used according to your preference and not necessarily by the stage of your labour. In other words, use the Elle TENS in the Mode that you feel to be the best for you. You can increase or decrease the pulse level by pressing the Opti-max key. Again - use the Opti-max power it as you need and at a level that works most effectively and feels best for you.
- Continue stimulation for as long as you need. If you stimulate for many hours, ensure the skin electrodes do not dry out and become less efficient in their conductivity. If this happens, simply switch the Elle TENS off and disconnect the skin electrodes. Feel them off your skin and apply a small drop of water to their centre. Place them back in position and reconnect all the lead wires and proceed with the stimulation as before for as long as you need.
Please note that Elle TENS is suitable for use at home or in hospital. You can use Elle TENS as the only pain relief or alongside other methods of analgesia, such as gas, air or pethidine.
Elle TENS Contraindications & Precautions
- Do not use TENS before 37 weeks of pregnancy.
- Always read the user manual before the first use.
- Familiarise yourself with the Elle TENS before your confinement day.
- Do not use TENS if you have cardiac pacemaker fitted, suffer from epilepsy or experience undiagnosed pain. Consult your doctor if you are in any doubt.
- Position skin electrodes as recommended, unless advised otherwise by your midwife or a doctor.
Elle TENS Specifications
- Channels: Dual Channel
- Display: Digital LCD - 5 seven segment digits around 42 segments
- Modes: 2 burst modes & 2 boost modes
- Burst Mode 1: Frequency - 16Hz; Pulse Width - 150 µs; 1 burst per second, 8 pulses per burst
- Burst Mode 2: Frequency - 32Hz; Pulse Width - 150 µs; 2 bursts per second, 8 pulses per burst
- Boost Mode 1: Frequency - 80Hz; Pulse Width - 150 µs; Continuous
- Boost Mode 2: Frequency - 100Hz; Pulse Width - 150 µs; Continuous
- 5 selectable pulse widths in all modes: 50, 100, 150, 200, 250
- Automatic Power Off: The Elle TENS will switch off after 5 minutes if not used
- Output Voltage: 0 - 55V zero to peak adjustable in 15 steps at 500 â„¦ load
- Output Intensity: 0 - 110 mA adjustable -15 steps, 500 â„¦ load. Level drops to zero after programme changes
- Output Waveform: Symmetrical bi-phasic rectangular
- Output Jacks: CE Touch-proof jacks
- Battery: 2 x 1.5V AA Battery (Type LR6)
- Low Battery Indicator: 2.2V ± 0.2V
- Unit Size: 115 x 55 x 30 mm
- Unit Weight: 75 g
- Classification: Fully compliant with Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC
- Warranty: 2 years
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Elle TENS kit consists of 1 x Elle TENS unit, 1 set of 4 self adhesive skin electrodes (40 x 100 mm), 3 x lead wires (2 for use + 1 spare), 4 x AA batteries (2 for use + 2 spare), a carry pouch, easy release neck cord, instruction manual and a FREE book by Dr Gordon Gadsby Women's Guide to Drug Free Pain Relief - before, during & after childbirth. CE mark Medical Device.2 years warranty.