Elle TENS Plus '3 in 1' Obstetric TENS and Pelvic Floor Stimulator
Elle TENS Plus ‘3 in 1’ TENS with Pelvic Floor Stimulator for all Mums-to-Be
Elle TENS Plus is a unique obstetric TENS that combines TENS for labour pain with TENS for general pain and pelvic floor rehabilitation after birth.
Elle TENS Plus delivers effective drug-free pain relief during childbirth as well as after childbirth and helps the new Mum to tone her pelvic floor after the trauma of childbirth.
‘State of the art’ and distinctly unique amongst other TENS, obstetric TENS and pelvic floor stimulators, the Elle TENS Plus is sophisticated and versatile, yet simple to use and user friendly. Designed for efficacy, practicality and long term cost-effectiveness in mind, the Elle TENS Plus delivers solutions to pain and pelvic floor issues arising during and after childbirth.
Elle TENS Plus '3 in 1' Obstetric TENS overview
Elle TENS Plus has many useful features that deliver unique benefits to expectant mothers during labour and also aid them effectively after birth:
- ‘3 in 1’ sophisticated electrotherapy device: Labour Pain Relief TENS - General Pain Relief TENS -Pelvic Floor Toner
- Affordable and long term cost-effective
- User friendly, effective and safe
- Pre-set modes for labour pain relief, general pain relief and pelvic floor toning after childbirth
- Adjustable intensity
- Opti-Max technology for extra pulse power
- Integrated boost button
- Built-in contraction timer
- Easy to read large LCD display
- Rotating belt clip
- Neck cord for mobility
- 4 large self-adhesive skin electrodes
- Automatic power off after 5 minutes of non-use
- Low battery power indicator
- Powered by 2 x 1.5 V AA batteries
- Operating environment 0 - 40° C, 30 – 75% RH, air pressure 700 hPa – 1060 hPa
- Dimensions: 115 x 55 x 30 mm
- Weight: 75 g
- CE mark Medical Device (CE0120)
- 2 years warranty
Elle TENS Plus '3 in 1' Treatment Modes
Elle TENS Plus features 3 pre-set treatment modes: Birth – Pain - Pelvic
- Birth mode for pain relief during childbirth
In the Birth mode, the Elle TENS Plus has 2 mode ranges available:
Mode 1 for use in early stages of labour (Burst1 for use between contractions and Boost1 for use during contractions) and Mode 2 for advanced labour stages with frequent contractions (Burst2 for use between contractions and Boost2 for use during contractions).
The Burst feels like a pulsing and tingling sensation and has been designed to promote release of endorphins and encephalins, body’s own natural pain relieving chemicals.
The Boost is initiated by pressing of the Boost Button, which produces continuous surge of extra power to combat pain during contraction. When contraction ceases, pressing the Boost Button lightly returns the machine back to the original Burst mode.
The Birth Modes 1 and 2 are interchangeable and can be safely used during early and later stages of labour according to your preference rather than the stage of the labour.
Additionally, the Opti-Max Key can increase or decrease the level of pulse power transmitted to the skin electrodes pads. This feature can also be used safely in any stage of labour accordingly to preference.
- General Pain mode for Pain Relief after childbirth
In Pain mode, the Elle TENS Plus serves as a standard TENS machine. During TENS therapy, gentle electrical current enters your body and nerve fibres via self-adhesive skin electrodes attached to the surface of the skin. The electric currents block the pain signals reaching the brain, reducing your perception of pain and discomfort. Additionally, the electric TENS currents enhance the production of your body’s own natural pain relieving substances called endorphins. TENS therapy is effective and safe and have been used for many decades to treat a wide variety of painful conditions, such as back pain, sciatica, sports injuries, shoulder pain, post-surgical pain, arthritis, migraine and period pain.
Elle TENS Plus is simple to use. In the Pain mode it has 4 TENS modes characterised by different sensation. You can select any of the TENS modes based on your preference.
Constant mode has continuous tingling pulsation and is most effective for acute pain.
Burst mode pulses are on and off in regular cycle and feel like a heartbeat. This mode is normally used for chronic pain.
Massage mode pulses decrease and increase in regular cycles and feel like a massaging sensation.
Mixed mode has 3 seconds of Constant and 3 seconds of Burst. This mode is based on a Professor Han’s theory that switch between low and high frequency for 3 seconds each leads to activation of both encephalin and dynorphin systems for more potent pain relief.
You can apply TENS treatment for any length of time as required. 30 minutes should be the minimum, unless you experience discomfort. Response to TENS is very individual. Some people respond quickly, other need much longer (i.e. several hours). TENS therapy is effective and safe to use for long periods of time as needed.
- Pelvic mode for Pelvic Floor Stimulation
In Pelvic mode, Elle TENS Plus serves as a simple by powerful digital pelvic floor stimulator, designed to tone and strengthen pelvic floor muscles and treat or prevent incontinence.
Pelvic floor muscles can be compromised and weakened after childbirth and you must strive to strengthen, tone and tighten it to its pre-birth condition. Weak pelvic floor can lead to many unpleasant conditions, such as incontinence, prolapse and loss of sexual sensation.
During pelvic floor stimulation, pelvic floor muscles are passively contracted and relaxed, mimicking pelvic floor exercises – also called Kegel exercises, but performed easily, correctly and without efforts. Regular pelvic floor stimulation strengthens pelvic floor muscles, making them stronger and tighter. With strong pelvic floor, you will experience greater bladder control and increased vaginal tone and tightness for greater sensation during intercourse.
Elle TENS Plus in Pelvic mode is very simple to use. Vaginal Elite probe (Sensatone Elite Probe) is provided with the device.
There are 4 programmes in the Pelvic mode:
P.1: Urge Incontinence – 30 minutes - a strong, sudden and uncontrollable urge to pass urine.
P.2: Stress Incontinence – 30 minutes - small urine leakage during sneezing, laughing, coughing, lifting, jogging, running or exercising.
P.3: Mixed Incontinence – 45 minutes - a combination of urge and stress incontinence
P.4: After Care – duration at user discretion - an optional mode that can be used directly after treatment with the other modes or as a maintenance mode or after you have achieved improvement in your condition.
When using Elle TENS Plus in the Pelvic mode, ensure that you adjust intensity of the stimulation to a comfortable level. You should feel the currents contracting your pelvic floor muscles, but it must not feel painful or uncomfortable. Do not exceed stimulation treatment time as this could fatigue the muscles. It is important that you perform treatments regularly to achieve improvements. Improvements are gradual and can take time and patients as you need to build-up muscle strength progressively over time. The treatment is safe and side effect free.
Please remember that you must leave at least 12 weeks after childbirth to begin using your Elle TENS Plus in the Pelvic mode. It is best to check the appropriate time with your doctor or other relevant health professional.
- Do not use TENS before week 37 of pregnancy
- Do not place skin electrodes on the abdomen during pregnancy/before birth, on the front or side of the neck or on the head
- Do not use TENS if you have a demand-type of cardiac pacemaker fitted
- Do not use if you have metal plates or implants fitted
- Do not use if you suffer undiagnosed pain
- Do not use for pelvic floor stimulation with vaginal probe during pregnancy
- Use as pelvic floor stimulator only after at least 12 weeks after childbirth or as advised by a doctor
- Do not use with vaginal probe during urinary or vaginal infection or when using a barrier contraception device (i.e. diaphragm or cervical cap
- Do not use with vaginal probe during menstruation
- Consult your doctor if in doubt
- Read user manual prior to first use and retain for future referral
- Follow all recommendations included in user manual
Elle TENS Plus ‘3 in 1’ MAternity TENS and STIM – your perfect companion during your baby’s birth and after!
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£5.00 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.00 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 3 - 4 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£15.00 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Elle TENS Plus unit size: 115 x 55 x 30 mm /Weight: 75 g
Pack contains Elle TENS plus unit, pack of 4 self-adhesive skin electrodes (40 x 100 mm), 3 x lead wire, 4 x 1.5 V AA batteries, a carry pouch, an easy release neck cord, instruction manual, quick start guide, Women’s Guide to Drug Free Pain Relief by Dr Gadsby, skin electrodes placement chart, lubricant sachet, Sensatone Elite vaginal probe. CE mark Medical Device (CE0120). 2 years warranty.