Disposable Medical Mask IIR
Disposable Face Mask with 3 filtration layers - CE certified to EN 14683 Type IIR Standard - FDA registered
Wear a face mask to protect yourself and to protect others!
The Face Masks Type IIR are normally used for infection control in hospitals, clinics, general practice surgeries, dental surgeries, and other healthcare institutions. Their key medical purposes are to prevent medical professionals from contaminating their patients by directly breathing or coughing on them from a close proximity. Equally, the masks prevent potential contamination of medical professionals by patients’ body fluids droplets (i.e. droplets of saliva, sneezes, droplets of blood, etc.) that could be easily inhaled or splash on clinicians’ faces. This means that the Face Masks Type IIR provide 2 way protection – they help to protect both the wearers and the people around them.
PLEASE NOTE: Medical Face Masks Type IIR that feature here are sourced entirely separately from the NHS supplies requirements and therefore do not have a negative impact on the NHS Supply Chain or the vital PPE supplies reaching the NHS or care sector.
Albeit of medical quality and type, our Face Masks Type IIR are 'All Purpose Masks' for use by people, who need them for protection from infections and to comply with government regulations! Our Face Masks Type IIR can be used with confidence in at risk scenarios, ranging from healthcare workers, dental workers, and care workers to business workers and for personal use. CE certified as medical device and FDA registered, the splash resistant Face Masks Type IIR provide reassurance and confidence to the users.
Face Mask Type IIR summary
- Provides protection against infections, including COVID-19 viruses
- CE certified and FDA registered
- Complies with EN 14683 : 2019 Standard
- Effective protection from an array of pathogens and airborne particles
- Biologically protective with 99% BFE (bacterial filtration efficiency)
- 3-layer hypoallergenic non-woven material construction
- Integrated adjustable nose bridge strip clip for best fit
- Elasticated soft ear loops
- Splash resistant
- Non-sterile face mask
- Secure and comfortable fit
- Light, soft, and skin friendly
- Does not obstruct breathing
- Single use mask
- Size: 175 mm wide and 95 mm deep - folded to stretch over lower face (nose to chin)
The Face Mask Type IIR features 3 filtration layers that comprise of a filter layer placed between hygienic layers of non-woven fabric bonded together to prevent disintegration, splits, or tears of the mask during use. The mask also features an adjustable integrated flexible nose bridge strip clip that facilitates adjustments of the mask to the contours of the face as well as soft elasticated ear loops for comfortable, secure, and close fit. The mask is comfortable to wear and does not obstruct breathing.
Face Mask, Type IIR, has been manufactured with a 3-ply construction and has been tested to bacterial filtration efficiency (BFE) of 99% to help reduce the risk of spread of infections. Manufactured to highest standards, the Face Mask Type IIR is splash resistant to protect the patients and the healthcare workers from contamination and infectious diseases. CE certified as medical device and FDA registered, the Face Mask Type IIR delivers reassurance and confidence to the users.
Face Mask Type IIR splash resistant 3-layer medical face mask can be used with confidence in at risk scenarios - from healthcare workers, dental workers, care workers to business workers and for personal use. With current recommendations in the UK for wearing of the face masks on public transport, attending or visiting hospitals or other care institutions, in shops and in other at risk of infection situations, the Face Mask Type IIR provides a perfect solution. Wearing a face mask protects you and protects other people from dangers presented by infectious pathogens, including COVID-19 viruses.
PLEASE NOTE: Featured here Medical Face Masks Type IIR are sourced separately from the NHS supplies requirements and do not prevent the vital PPE supplies reaching the NHS Supply Chain or care sector.
Using the Face Mask Type IIR
- Please note that if you suffer from respiratory problems or difficulties in breathing, please consult your medical professional for advice PRIOR to wearing a face mask.
- Please note that face masks are not recommended for young children under the age of 11. If in doubt of yours or your child’s suitability for wearing of a face mask, consult a doctor for advice.
The Face Mask Type IIR is simple and easy to use. It is non-sterile and disposable after single use. You must change the mask when it becomes damp and moist from your breath or when it is notably soiled. In the interest of hygiene and to avoid any increase in risk of transmission due to incorrect disposal as well as environmental litter concerns, dispose of used mask safely in accordance with waste disposal regulations. Wash or sterilise your hands with alcohol based hand sanitiser immediately after.
Step by step instructions based on World Health Organisation guide on How to put on, use, take off and dispose of a face mask
- Before putting on a mask, wash your hands with soap and water or disinfect them with alcohol-based hand sanitiser or alcohol-based hand rub gel
- Cover your mouth and nose with your face mask, stretching the folded layers of the mask and making sure that there are no gaps between your face and the mask – shape the adjustable integrated flexible nose bridge strip clip to closely follow contours of your nose bridge and cheeks
- Avoid touching the mask while using it and wash your hands, if you do to prevent picking up and spreading any germs from its surface
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp – make sure you do not re-use single use masks
- To remove the face mask, ensure to remove it from behind by detaching the ear loops from your ears without touching the front of the mask; discard the mask immediately in a closed bin or a designated bin or a plastic bag designated for contaminated masks; wash your hands with soap and water and/or disinfect them with alcohol-based hand sanitiser or alcohol-based hand rub gel
Please note: Disposing of used face masks correctly is as important as wearing them correctly. Ensure that you never discard your used face mask carelessly – potentially contaminated litter is not only environmentally unsightly, but it is dangerous and can contribute to spread of dangerous infections! If in doubt, check with your local authority on any specific instructions for disposal of used face masks and other contaminated items!
Face Mask Type IIR – wear it correctly and dispose of it correctly – wear the face mask to protect yourself and to protect others!
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Size: 175 mm wide and 95 mm deep - folded to stretch over lower face (nose to chin)
Packs of 5, 10, 20, 30 and 50 face masks – as selected on drop down menu in the cart
Please note that the Face Masks are currently VAT free.