iOneCare Iontophoresis Device
IOneCare Portable Iontophoresis Device
iOneCare is an innovative portable iontophoresis device designed for the treatment of many common types of pain and discomfort frequently suffered by men and women. iOneCare features 20 pre-set iontophoresis and microcurrent treatment programs and has 2 independent channels for up to 4 skin electrodes (i.e. 2 electrodes per channel) to treat 2 different body areas simultaneously. Intensity is individually adjustable from 1 - 60 on each channel, enabling different intensity treatments in different areas.
iOneCare has been designed for safe and effective home use. It can be used anytime and anywhere. Depending on the active substances used, the iOneCare Iontophoresis Device can effectively deliver analgesia (pain relief), combat inflammation and swelling and facilitate muscle relaxation.
During treatment with iOneCare Iontophoresis Device, active medical substances propelled by electric currents are driven into the tissues through the skin. Conditions treated and the effects of iontophoresis therapy are strictly dependent on the active medicine used and its successful crossing of the skin barrier into the tissues below the skin. iOneCare can be used for a variety of applications, ranging from muscular pain and discomfort, joint pains and swelling, sprains, back pain, shoulder pain, tendonitis, gout, swelling, bruising and stiffness.
iOneCare is simple to use and regular applications can lead to extraordinary outcomes.
iOneCare Iontophoresis Device background
Simple to use iOneCare delivers effective iontophoresis treatments at home or during travel. Powered by rechargeable batteries, iOneCare is portable, light and convenient.
iOneCare features 20 pre-set iontophoresis and microcurrent programs. The localised iontophoresis programs are designed to address local problems arising in specific body areas (i.e. arms, abdomen, hips, buttocks and thighs), whilst general iontophoresis programs can be applied anywhere on the body for systemic effects. In summary, the general iontophoresis programs (P 15 – 17) are designed to treat widespread and deep problems and localised iontophoresis programs (P 1 – 11) treat local and shallow problems.
Localised and shallow pain is best addressed with the electrodes placed over the problem area (i.e. elbow pain, shoulder pain or hip pain). For well-defined problem areas and shallow pains, iontophoresis treatment should be delivered directly over the affected area for speedy immediate action.
When treating widespread or deep pains, the position in which the drug is driven into the tissues is not crucial, because once the drug penetrates the tissues, its effects are systemic rather than localised.
For best outcomes, iontophoresis treatments should be performed daily or as recommended by a doctor. In general, a cycle of 10 sessions is recommended, performed up to 3 times a day (as required or recommended).
Examples of substances with treatment indications used in iontophoresis treatments are listed below. Your doctor or therapist will be able to suggest other active substances that may help you combat your specific problem or condition.
- Calcium chloride – muscle spasm, osteoporosis
- Magnesium chloride – analgesia, calming
- Lysine acetylsalicylate – arthrosis
- Lidocaine, Novocaine – soft tissue pain, inflammation, trigeminal neuralgia
- Benzydamine – rheumatoid arthritis
- Diclofenac sodium – bruising
- Naprosyn, Voltarol - degenerative and extra-articular rheumatism, gout
- Piroxicam – sprains
- Sodium salicylate – joint arthritis, myalgia, acute and chronic muscle and joint pain
- Ketoprofine, Lysine salt – arthrosis, arthritis
- Thiomucase – swelling (post-surgical and post-trauma), venous insufficiency oedema
The medications used are directly responsible for the effects and outcomes of the iontophoresis therapy. The medications should be used in liquid form or ionised in aqueous solutions (i.e. dissolved in distilled water prior to applying for the treatment sponge).
Points to note:
It is important to use correct concentration for the best outcomes, because excessive concentrations could lead to skin irritations, whilst weak concentrations could result in compromised effectiveness of the iontophoresis.
Prior to commencing iontophoresis therapy, you should know the polarity of the medication – negative or positive. This is because the aqueous solution of the medicine must be applied to the sponge on the silicone electrode of the same polarity (i.e. negative polarity liquid to negative polarity electrode; positive polarity liquid to positive polarity electrode). Amphoteric substances have no polarity and can be applied via either of the electrodes (i.e. negative or positive). Polarity of the medicine can be determined from the packaging. Alternatively, you can ask your doctor or a pharmacist to check the polarity of the medicine and its recommended concentration for iontophoresis.
iOneCare pre-set programs
iOneCare has 20 pre-set programs: 14 iontophoresis and 6 microcurrent programs suitable for both men and women
- Iontophoresis programs P 1 – 11: Local iontophoresis programs listed by the area of iontophoresis application (i.e. arm, abdomen, hip, thigh, buttocks). These programs are designed for localised treatments of problems arising in specific body areas, treating well-defined and shallow problems (i.e. elbow pain, hip pain, etc.).
- Iontophoresis programs P 15 – 17: These are general iontophoresis programs that can be used anywhere on the body. They have been designed to deliver systemic effects for treatment of widespread and/or deep problems, such as inflammation of more than one joint, general muscle pain, etc.
- Microcurrent programs (P 12 - 14 and P 18 - 20) utilise biostimulating analgesic currents to facilitate and enhance tissue repairs and healing. Microcurrent programs P 12 - 14 are best for localised shallow pain (i.e. painful elbow or painful knee) and P 18 - 20 are preferred option for therapy with systemic effects, such as widespread muscular and aches and general stiffness and discomfort.
There are 1 – 3 different levels of the iontophoresis programs. When first commencing iontophoresis treatment, please always use the lower level program. When treating areas with sensitive skin, avoid using Level 3 program. You can additionally adjust intensity level by using the +/- buttons for each channel located on the front of the main unit.
Please remember that when treating deep or general widespread joint or muscular pain, you can apply the treatment to any convenient area for systemic therapeutic effects. For localised or shallow subcutaneous problems (i.e. elbow problem, shoulder problem, knee problem, etc.), apply the electrodes over the painful area for immediate local effects as described in user manual.
Microcurrent programs (P 12 – 14 for localised treatments and P 18 – 20 for systemic treatments) combat pain and speed up healing. Select lower level program at the beginning of the microcurrent therapy and increase to higher level as you get accustomed to microcurrent stimulation. If you have a sensitive skin, avoid using level 3 program or exercise caution to avoid potential discomfort.
iOneCare pre-set programs
- Iontophoresis – Arm – Level 2 (this is the lowest recommended level for this program)
- Iontophoresis – Arm – Level 3
- Iontophoresis – Abdomen & Hips - Level 1
- Iontophoresis – Abdomen & Hips - Level 2
- Iontophoresis – Abdomen & Hips - Level 3
- Iontophoresis – Buttocks - Level 1
- Iontophoresis – Buttocks - Level 2
- Iontophoresis – Buttocks - Level 3
- Iontophoresis – Buttocks - Level 1
- Iontophoresis – Buttocks - Level 2
- Iontophoresis – Buttocks - Level 3
- Microcurrent – Local - Level 1
- Microcurrent – Local - Level 2
- Microcurrent – Local - Level 3
- Iontophoresis – Systemic - Level 1
- Iontophoresis – Systemic - Level 2
- Iontophoresis – Systemic - Level 3
- Microcurrent – Systemic - Level 1
- Microcurrent – Systemic - Level 2
- Microcurrent – Systemic - Level 3
Using iOneCare Iontophoresis Device
iOneCare is simple to use.
- Firstly, fit the rechargeable batteries into the unit and charge them for 12 hours. Subsequently – recharge as required, when suggested by low battery indicator on the LCD display. Disconnect the unit from mains before use!
- Clean and dry the skin on the treatment area.
- Attach the leads to the unit and connect the silicone electrodes to the leads.
- Wet the sponge pockets electrodes with water and squeeze any excess water out. Place the wet sponge pocket electrodes on the silicone electrodes.
- Prepare your treatment compound by diluting with distilled water to appropriate concentration and apply the solution to one of the two sides of the sponge pocket on the silicone electrode connected to the polarity same as your treatment compound. You will find this information on the package of the medicine or you can ask your doctor/pharmacist for this information. If you are using both channels, repeat the same for electrodes on the 2nd channel.
- REMEMBER: Silicone electrodes attached to the BLACK poles on the leads are NEGATIVE. Silicone electrodes attached to the RED poles are POSITIVE!
- Apply sponge with the drug over or closest to the area you intend to treat and apply the other moist with water sponge to the area on the opposite side – approximately 10 cm away from the sponge with the drug. Secure the electrodes with securing straps, ensuring that the surfaces of the electrodes are in full contact with the skin.
- Switch the unit on and select a program with a program button.
- Set the intensity on each channel used as required. The treatment will now commence.
- Please note: Intensity of the stimulation may fluctuate during treatment. This is normal. To maintain a constant level, adjust the intensity as needed during treatment – using the + and – buttons on individual channels.
- Please note: Always maintain stimulation at comfortable level! Should the treatment become painful, reduce the intensity down.
- You can switch the device at any time by pressing the ON/OFF button. You can also temporarily pause the treatment.
- After completion of the treatment session, you can select another program and commence another session, if required.
- The unit switches off automatically after 2 minutes of non-use.
- Clean and allow to dry the electrodes and return them into their respective plastic bags for safe storage.
Use your iOneCare device as instructed in user manual. Correct and regular use may produce extraordinary results.
iOneCare Iontophoresis Device specifications
- Type: Iontophoresis and microcurrent device
- Channels: 2 independent channels
- Waveform current: iontophoresis and microcurrent
- Intensity: 0 – 20 mA
- Frequency: 100 – 120 Hz
- Amplitude: 100 – 150 µs
- Power input: 4 x Ni-Mh rechargeable 1.2 V batteries
- Output: 0 – 20 mA
- Battery charge from mains power: 100 – 240 V ~ 50/60 Hz
- Low battery indicator
- Auto switch off after 2 minutes of non-use
- Operating conditions: 5 – 40° C; < 80% RH
- Storage conditions: 5 – 40° C; < 80% RH
- CE mark Medical Device (CE 0476)
- 2 years warranty
Before first use, familiarise yourself with user manual and retain it for future reference! List of all contraindications, precautions and warning can be found in user manual. If you are in any doubt, consult your doctor, therapist or pharmacist for advice.
- Do not use if you are fitted with pacemaker, suffering from heart condition or arrhythmia
- Do not use on the abdomen or lumbo-sacral area during pregnancy
- Do not use on the front of the neck
- Do not use over lesions, dermatitis, infected areas, inflammation, phlebitis or thrombophlebitis
- Do not use near or over areas with metallic implants (i.e. prosthetic implants, metal plates, screws, etc.
- Do not use over tumours, or abdominal and lumbar area, if suffering from liver problems or kidney stones
- Do not use, if you are allergic to any ingredients or substances on the medication to be used for iontophoresis
- Keep away from children
- For full list of contraindications, warnings and precautions consult user manual and follow instructions listed.
- If you do not see improvements after few days of treatment with iontophoresis, consult your doctor for guidance
- Consult your doctor prior to first use, if suffering with Parkinson’s disease, as y our sensitivity threshold could be altered
- Consult your doctor, if you have metal implants in the areas you wish to treat with iontophoresis
- Consult your doctor if you suffer with spastic paralysis
iOneCare Iontophoresis Device – easy to use companion for effective and safe iontophoresis therapy at home!
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Sponge pockets: 60 x 70 mm
Silicone electrodes: 5 x 50 mm
Unit size: circa 150 x 80 x 25 mm / Weight: circa 100 g (excluding batteries)
iOneCare kit consists of the main control unit, 2 dual core leads, 4 x silicone electrodes (50 x 50 mm), 4 x sponge pockets electrodes. 2 elasticated securing straps with fasteners, 4 x Ni-Mh rechargeable AAA batteries, charger for mains power 100 - 240 V ~ 50/60 Hz, 3 pin UK adapter (supplied to UK customers only), user manual and carry case. CE mark Medical Device (CE 0476) and 2 years warranty.