iTENS Terapix TENS Machine
iTENS Terapix (new model) is a new generation TENS electrotherapy device that treats common pain conditions effectively, safely and without drug-related side-effects that are frequently experienced with analgesic medications for pain relief.
TENS therapy with iTENS Terapix is effective, soothing, well tolerated and safe. Intensity of the TENS stimulation can be adjusted to personal preference or tolerance level to bring effective pain relief. You can use your iTENS Terapix easily, conveniently and discreetly anytime and anywhere you need - at home, at work or during travel.
iTENS Terapix (new model) overview
- TENS machine for pain relief
- New generation TENS with colour LCD display
- Compact, portable and light
- Effective and safe to use
- User friendly and easy to apply
- Facilitates simultaneous treatment of 2 different body areas
- Dual channel TENS – features 2 independent channels
- 12 pre-set programs to treat common painful conditions
- 4 reusable skin electrodes - 2 x self-adhesive skin electrodes (50 x 50 mm) per channel
- 40 intensity levels – adjustable in 1 level steps
- Intensity adjustable independently on each channel
- Automatic lock mode - when no button is pressed for 15 seconds during treatment
- Timer from 5 – 90 minutes 9n 5 minutes steps
- Intelligent sensing function – if the conductivity of a skin electrode is disrupted (i.e. skin electrode falls off your skin), the TENS output automatically reduces to 0 (zero)
- Manual switch off at anytime during treatment, if required
- Automatic stop at the end of pre-set treatment time
- Automatic shut off after 3 minutes of non-use
- Battery powered – supplied with 3 x 1.5 V AA batteries
- Belt clip for convenience
- CE mark Medical Device (CE 0123)
- 2 years warranty
iTENS Terapix background
iTENS Terapix has 2 independent channels for connecting of up to 4 skin electrodes and features 12 pre-set programmes for different pain relief applications. Each of the 2 channels connects to 2 skin electrodes with independently adjustable intensity. The iTENS Terapix can therefore be used to treat 2 different body areas simultaneously or alternatively, can be used by 2 people to treat a single area each.
iTENS Terapix can effectively treat all types of musculoskeletal pain, such as joint pain (i.e. shoulder pain, neck pain, arm pain, elbow pain, wrist pain, leg pain, knee pain, foot pain, etc.), sciatica, tendonitis, muscle tension, period pain and more.
Conditions that respond well to TENS therapy include Rheumatoid Arthritis / Osteoarthritis / Post-Operative Pain / Post Amputation Pain / Neck Pain / Back Pain / Lumbago / Sciatica / Whiplash / Sports Injuries / Neuralgia / Skeletal Pains / Muscle Aches / Period Pain / Muscle Tension.
iTENS Terapix utilises Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation method to relieve pain, aches and discomfort. During treatment, gentle electric waves are delivered to the surface of the skin via skin electrodes. TENS waves stimulate sensory nerve endings and prevent pain by stopping pain signals reaching the brain. This reduces perception of pain and discomfort. Simultaneously, the electric waves stimulate production of endorphins, body’s own comforting pain killers that create a feeling of wellbeing.
Using iTENS Terapix
iTENS Terapix has been designed with ease of use in mind. It is effective and safe to use any time that you require pain relief. Drug free TENS therapy is free of unwanted side-effects that are associated with drug therapies.
Please note that increasing intensity level beyond your preference or tolerance level does not lead to better therapeutic outcomes! TENS therapy must always feel comfortable. You should feel the signals on your skin, but the feeling or sensation must not be uncomfortable! Hence, if you feel discomfort caused by intensity of the TENS waves, reduce the intensity to a comfortable level.
Skin electrodes usable with the iTENS Terapix are self-adhesive and can be reused at least 10 – 15 times. You should always store the electrodes on their backings in sealed plastic bags as this conserves the adhesivity of the conductive gel. You can extend the adhesivity by wetting the gelled side of the electrodes with water before and after use. Replace the electrodes when the gel begins to lose its adhesive power and conductivity.
iTENS Terapix features 12 pre-set programs recommended for different body areas (i.e. 1 – 9) or identified by the type of stimulation massage (i.e. 10 – 12):
- Turn (Rolling)
You should stimulate painful areas up to 3 times per day with few hours intervals between individual stimulation sessions. You should continue with therapy until pain disappears or is significantly reduced. It is recommended that if the pain persists for more than 10 – 20 applications, you should consult a doctor.
Please note that if you have never used TENS machine, it is best to speak with your doctor or a nurse prior to the first use to ensure that TENS therapy is suitable for your painful condition and/or your health needs.
iTENS Terapix specifications
- Waveform: TENS waves
- Channels: 2 independent
- Intensity: 0 – 100 mA
- Frequency: 1 – 120 Hz
- Pulse amplitude: 100 – 350 µs
- Dimensions: 130 x 65 x 30 mm
- Weight: 112 g (including batteries)
- Operating & Storage conditions: 5 – 40° C / RH ≤ 80%
Contraindications and precautions
- Always read user manual prior to first use and retain it for future reference.
- All precautions and contraindication are listed in user manual.
- Always follow recommendations made in user manual.
- Consult your user manual for full list of contraindications and precautions.
- If you are in any doubt whatsoever about your suitability to electrical stimulation or TENS, consult your medical professional for advice.
You should not use electric stimulator if you suffer from any of the following:
- Have a pacemaker or another implanted electronic device fitted
- Suffering from heart disease or arrhythmia
- When pregnant on the abdomen or on lumbar sacral area
- Have skin lesions, infections, inflammation, phlebitis or thrombophlebitis
- Do not use on mucosa or areas of altered sensitivity
- Suffering with tumours, cancer, lesions or undiagnosed pain
- Having metallic implants
- Suffering from epilepsy or Parkinson’s disease
- Do not use on the front of the throat
- Do not use on the sides of the neck
- Do not use on mucosa or areas of altered sensitivity
- Do not use on the face, unless recommended by a doctor
- Consult a doctor prior to using TENS, if you have metallic implants near the areas to be treated with TENS
- Consult a doctor if you suffer with Parkinson’s disease or spastic paralysis prior to using TENS
- Consult a doctor prior to using TENS on areas close to injured muscles or injured tendons
- Consult your user manual for full list of contraindications and precautions
iTENS Terapix – user friendly TENS machine for effective and safe pain relief!
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£5.00 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.00 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 3 - 4 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£15.00 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Dimensions: 130 x 65 x 30 mm / Weight: 112 g including batteries
iTENS Terapix kit consists of the iTENS Terapix unit fitted with 3 x 1.5 V AA batteries, set of 4 self-adhesive skin electrodes 50 x 50 mm, set of 2 connective cables, multilingual user manual and carry case. CE 0123 and 2 years warranty.
VAT exemption is available to chronic pain sufferers. VAT exemption declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase.