Livengood Expressor Paddles Angled and Flat for Gentle Expression of Meibomian Glands
Livengood Expressor Paddles are part of Bruder Ophthalmic Surgical Instruments range indicated for use with the Bruder Moist Heat Eye Hydrating Compress. There are 2 types of Livengood Paddles – angled and flat.
Livengood Expressor Paddles are designed for mild and gentle expression of the Meibomian glands located in the rim of lower eyelid. Prior to expression procedure, a warmed Bruder Moist Heat Eye Compress should be applied to soften and unclog the blocked Meibomian glands.
Livengood Expressor Paddles are made of German stainless steel. Each paddle – angled and/or flat - has a non-slip handle for a firm and secure grip and features 2 oval paddles – positioned at 12° angle – Livengood Expressor Paddle Angled or 2 flat straight paddles – Livengood Expressor Paddle Flat. The Livengood Expressor Paddle – Angled and Flat – are 75 mm long.
Livengood Expressor Paddles Angled and Flat are primarily intended for use by medical professionals. Livengood Expressor Paddles carry lifetime guarantee against defects in materials and workmanship. Livengood Expressor Paddles are made in Germany for Bruder Healthcare Company.
Please note that albeit designed for professional use and manufactured to stringent standards of surgical instruments, the Livengood Expressor Paddles can also be used at home by the sufferers of eye lid margin disorders, such as Meibomian Gland Dysfunction for regular expression of Meibomian Glands.
Using Livengood Expressor Paddles
- Use Livengood Expressor Paddles separately (i.e. one Angled and one Flat) or in tandem (i.e. two Angled and two Flat)
- For best results use Bruder Eye Hydrating Compress for 3 – 5 minutes prior to expression.
- Remove compress and put 1 drop of ophthalmic anaesthetic drops into the lower fornix of the eye.
- Using a magnifying loupe to view the eyelid margin, insert one expression paddle to lower fornix of the eye and rest it at the junction of the bulbar and palpebral conjunctiva.
- Place the second paddle on the outside of the eyelid.
- Use the 2 paddles to apply even and upward pressure to the lower lid, while viewing the Meibomian glands for expression.
- Repeat the process of even and upward pressure laterally along the lids of both eyes.
Livengood Expressor Paddles - an effective and simple way of keeping your Meibomian Glands regularly expressed and empty.
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Livengood paddles are supplied in singles (i.e. one selected paddle per pack) with user instructions. If you require 2 paddles - please select 2 individually in your preferred combination.
To use Livengood paddles for expression of the Meibomian glands, 2 paddles are required in either of the following combinations:
- 1 angled paddle and 1 flat paddle
- 2 angled paddles
- 2 flat paddles
Please note that you can purchase a single paddle, if you wish!