Obi TENS Obstetric TENS
Obi TENS - Easy to Use & Versatile Single Channel Maternity TENS with Integrated Boost Button for Pain Relief during Childbirth
Obi TENS is ultra simple to use, but effective, powerful, safe and affordable digital obstetric TENS machine that provides drug free pain relief during childbirth. Obi TENS is perfect for the painful moments during childbirth as well as for post natal aches and pains. Obi TENS is portable, effective and affordable TENS machine for effective pain relief during labour!
Obi TENS Babycare TENS has 2 pre-set modes for ease of use. First mode called BURST is used constantly between contractions and the second mode called BOOST is activated upon the start of a contraction for extra strong pain relief. Obi TENS utilises proven and safe TENS technology to make your childbirth less painful and more comfortable.
Obi TENS overview
- Simple and non fiddly
- Light and ergonomically shaped
- Easy to use and hold
- Neck cord for easy reach & mobility
- 2 pre-set modes: BURST & BOOST
- 4 large self adhesive electrode pads (100 x 40 mm)
- Integrated boost button
- LCD display
- Supplied with spare batteries and lead
- Effective for post natal pain relief
Obi TENS utilizes proven and safe TENS technology to make your childbirth less painful and more comfortable.
TENS is proven to safe and effective pain relief method that is frequently recommended by doctors and midwives. TENS is drug free and has no known side effects. TENS during labour can be used as the only method of pain relief as well as in conjunction with other methods of pain relief appropriate for childbirth, such as gas, air or pethidine. TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation.
Using Obi TENS
Obi TENS Babycare TENS has 2 pre-set modes for ease of use. First mode called BURST is used constantly between contractions and the second mode called BOOST is activated upon the start of a contraction for extra strong pain relief. Obi TENS has soft non fiddly control buttons and a simple digital LCD showing the mode in which the machine operates, the intensity of the pulses and low battery indicator that ensures you do not run out of power at the time you need it most.
Obi TENS Babycare TENS is ergonomically shaped and lightweight. You can either hold it in your hand or wear it loosely around the neck on a cord for easy reach.
Obi TENS uses 4 large self adhesive skin electrodes. The skin electrodes should be positioned on your back as recommended in the user manual.
- Once you switch your Obi TENS on and adjust the intensity level, you will feel a bursting and tingling sensation of the BURST mode. While working in the BURST mode, the TENS therapy helps your body to produce its own pain killing substances, known as endorphins or encephalins. You should commence using your Obi TENS as early in your labour as possible, to give your body to stock up on these natural pain killers.
- As soon as you anticipate a start of a contraction, activate the BOOST mode by pressing the boost button. You will feel an extra surge of soothing pulses combating the increasing pain. After your contraction has passed, simply press the boost button again to return to the BURST mode. Continue in this manner for as long as it is needed.
In addition to its applications during painful childbirth, the Obi TENS can be also used for post labour pain relief. It can relieve shoulder pain, neck pain and back pain that can last for up to couple of months following the childbirth. Obi TENS can also help with menstrual pain and cramps before the periods.
Obi TENS Contraindications & Precautions
- Do not use TENS before 37 weeks of pregnancy.
- Always read the user manual before the first use.
- Familiarise yourself with the Obi TENS before your confinement day.
- Do not use TENS if you have cardiac pacemaker fitted, suffer from epilepsy or experience undiagnosed pain. Consult your doctor if you are in any doubt.
- Position skin electrodes as recommended, unless advised otherwise by your midwife or a doctor.
Obi TENS Specifications
- Channels: Single Channel
- Display: Digital LCD with total of 13 display segment
- Operation Modes: 1 burst mode & 1 boost mode
- Burst Mode: Frequency - 32Hz; Pulse Width - 200 µs; 2 bursts per second, 8 pulses per burst
- Boost Mode: Frequency - 80Hz; Pulse Width - 100 µs; Constant pulse
- Output Voltage: 0 - 100V (zero to peak) across a 500 â„¦ load; adjustable in 10 steps
- Output Intensity: 200 mA (max) into a 500 â„¦ load
- Output Waveform: Symmetrical mono-phasic rectangular
- Output Jacks: CE Touch-proof jacks
- Battery: 2 x 1.5V AAA Battery (Type LR03)
- Low Battery Indicator: 2.2V ± 0.1V
- Unit Size: 112 x 30 x 18 mm
- Unit Weight: 39 g
- Classification: Fully compliant with Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC
- Warranty: 2 years
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
112 x 30 x 18 mm / Weight: 39 g
Obi TENS kit consists of 1 x Obi TENS unit, 1 set of 4 self adhesive skin electrodes (40 x 100 mm), 2 x lead wires (1 for use + 1 spare), 4 x AAA batteries (2 for use + 2 spare), a carry pouch, easy release neck cord and a simple to follow instruction manual. CE mark Medical Device. 2 years warranty.