Pericalm Pelvic Floor Stimulator
Pericalm for Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation and Continence Therapy
Pericalm is a neuromuscular stimulator that helps women maintain strong pelvic floor muscles and prevent incontinence. Pericalm is a simple and easy to use neuromuscular stimulator from Neen. Having been available for a number of years, Pericalm is frequently recommended by professionals as an effective and simple to use stimulator for women with incontinence and pelvic floor weakness. Pericalm is also an effective aid to pelvic floor workout, especially for women experiencing difficulties with performing pelvic floor exercises correctly for optimum outcomes.
Neuromuscular stimulators have been designed for strengthening pelvic floor muscles, preventing and managing incontinence and addressing issues of sexual sensitivity. Pericalm Pelvic Floor Stimulator has been designed to treat stress, urge and mixed incontinence. Pericalm is also effective in reducing pelvic pain.
You can purchase Pericalm as a stand alone unit only and together with Periform Plus Vaginal Probe or Anuform Anal Probe.
Pericalm Pelvic Floor Stimulator overview
- Promotes continence
- Strengthens pelvic floor muscles
- Improves blood supply to the muscles
- Reduces bladder sensitivity
- Combats pelvic pain
- Delivers positive outcomes within weeks
- Simple to use
- Suitable for home use
- Suitable for use under professional guidance
- 6 pre-set stimulation programs for continence
- 3 custom programs for personalised treatments
- Compatible with anal and vaginal probes and skin electrodes
- Medical Device (CE0088)
- 2 years warranty
Pericalm features 6 pre-set stimulation programs:
- Stress incontinence (selection of 2 programs, each lasting 25 minutes)
- Urge incontinence (25 minutes duration)
- Frequency/urge incontinence (25 minutes duration)
- Pain relief (25 minutes duration)
- Pelvic floor workout/ lack of sensitivity (6-phasic program of 34 minutes duration)
Pericalm also has 3 custom programs for personalisation of treatments to individual needs. You can program the device yourself or your continence physiotherapist can do this for you, if treated under medical guidance.
Pericalm can be used with vaginal and anal probes, such Periform Plus and Anuform as well as other brands of stimulation probes (i.e. Nu-Tek or SensaTone). A large selection of nickel free gold plated probes is also available for women with sensitivity to nickel. Please note that Pericalm can also be used with surface skin electrodes.
Pericalm is a neuromuscular stimulator. During treatment with Pericalm, tiny electric low Volt currents stimulate motor nerves and pelvic floor muscles via electrodes on a stimulation probe internally inserted. The stimulation causes the muscles to twitch and repeatedly contract and relax, mimicking natural exercise and its effects on muscles. The stimulation, just like an exercise, strengthens and rehabilitates weakened pelvic floor muscles, toning, firming and tightening them.
During stimulation, no effort is required to contract the muscles. Additionally, only the correct pelvic floor muscles are exercised, hence the best outcomes are possible. Stimulation is safe and proven effective. However, for stimulation to achieve desired outcomes, the treatment must be performed regularly – just as with standard exercise routine.
Pericalm has an adjustable intensity and if you are a beginner to pelvic floor stimulation, it is best to start on a low intensity and gradually increase it as you get accustomed to the sensation of the stimulation treatment.
Pericalm Pelvic Floor Stimulator specifications
- Channels: Dual channel with digital display
- Amplitude: 0 – 80 mA
- Type: Constant Current
- Waveform: Asymmetrical, rectangular bi-phasic with zero DC current
- Pulse Rate: 2 – 100 Hz
- Pulse Width: 50 µS – 450 µS
- Time: 5 – 60 minutes (pre-set programs 25 and 34 minutes; custom programs up to 60 minutes)
- Ramp up time: 0.3 – 9.9 seconds
- Dimensions: 80 x 67 x 45 mm
- Weight: 90 g without battery
- Battery: 9V PP3 alkaline battery
- Expected battery life: 32 hours
- Low battery indicator: battery symbol flashes on/off, when battery is low
Contraindications and Precautions
- Please read User Manual prior to use and retain for future reference
- Follow instructions and contraindications listed in User Manual
- Do not use if you have a demand style cardiac pacemaker fitted, during pregnancy, if you have an undiagnosed painful condition or undiagnosed skin, vaginal or anal conditions or have an active disease in the area
- Do not use if there is any tissue damage in the area, till it is healed
- Do not use if you have or recently had any urinary tract infection or vaginal infection
- Do not place in your mouths, over carotid sinus nerves, larynx or trachea, over the heart or on your face
- Take advice before use if you have diabetes or uncontrolled blood pressure.
- If using the device with anal probe, do not use if you are suffering with acute haemorrhoids, have an anal fissure or have an acute attack of IBD of the lower bowel
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£3.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£6.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 3 - 4 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£12.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Pericalm control unit dimensions: 80 x 67 x 45 mm / Weight: 90 g without battery
- Pericalm kit includes the Pericalm control unit, 2 sets of conductive leads, 9V alkaline battery, user manual and a soft carry case. CE mark Medical Device (CE 0088). 2 years warranty.
- Pericalm with Periform Plus kit includes the Pericalm control unit, Periform Plus vaginal probe, 2 sets of conductive leads, 9V alkaline battery, user manual and a soft carry case. CE mark Medical Device (CE 0088). 2 years warranty.
- Pericalm with Anuform kit includes the Pericalm control unit, Anuform Anal probe, 2 sets of conductive leads, 9V alkaline battery, user manual and a soft carry case. CE mark Medical Device (CE 0088). 2 years warranty.
VAT exemption is available, when purchased for personal use by people with relevant chronic conditions. VAT relief declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase.