Peritone + EMG Biofeedback with Bluetooth Connection Software
Peritone + EMG Biofeedback with Bluetooth Connection Software from Neen is a single channel device designed primarily as a continence assessment and diagnostic tool and for pelvic floor muscles biofeedback therapy. However, as an EMG Biofeedback device, the Peritone + can also be used effectively in muscle retraining and rehabilitation in Sports and General Physiotherapy applications.
Peritone + is a single channel EMG that is accurate and sensitive, whilst simple to operate. Peritone's + simple design and ease of use, make it perfect for use at therapy clinics and for home treatments.
Peritone + is equipped with Bluetooth Connection Software that when used with a PC can help the user to analyse progress made during pelvic floor exercise. You will be able to easily view and track your performance statistics.
Peritone + EMG Biofeedback overview
- Single channel EMG
- Audio and visual biofeedback
- Accurate and sensitive measurements
- Records and stores EMG statistics
- Biofeedback enabling assessment of progress
- Lock mode function to store and record statistics per patient
- Bluetooth Connection Software with licence for 5 activations
- Handheld and easy to use
- Usable with surface skin electrodes
- Usable with anal or vaginal probe, such as Anuform and Periform Plus
- Powered by 9V PP3 alkaline battery with expected battery life of 40 hours
Conditions know to respond well to EMG: Incontinence – Pelvic Pain – Patellofemoral pain - Neck and shoulder girdle pain – Lower back pain – Spinal conditions – Chronic tension headache – Phantom limb pain – Asthma – Post-traumatic stress disorders – Neuro feedback – Repetitive strain injury
General information on Peritone +
Peritone + is a very sensitive device, accurately measuring muscle activity from as low as 2 µV (microvolts) right up to 2000 µV. Such diverse measuring range enables the Peritone + to detect and measure even the weakest muscle activity. The biofeedback measurements are subsequently displayed on the screen at the front side of the device in bright LED lights alongside the audio feedback.
Peritone + at clinics: When EMG Biofeedback is performed at clinics, it is important to follow each individual patient’s progress. A lock mode function on the device enables this to happen. When in Lock mode, Peritone + records average work/rest, onset and muscle release parameters and time of each session. All session data is then added together to form the overall average reading for the given period. In this data are included the number of trials performed and average muscle activity. The lock mode function is especially important with patients undergoing treatment at clinics and using the Peritone + at home to perform prescribed exercises before returning to clinic, where the medical professional or the therapist are able to check patient’s adherence to exercise and the outcomes.
Peritone + at home: If you are using the Peritone + during your Kegel exercises (i.e. pelvic floor exercises) at home, it will clarify for you, if you are performing the Kegels correctly, making your Kegel workout more effective and motivating you to continue with your routine for long term effects. If you are retraining your pelvic floor or undergoing incontinence therapy under the guidance of a medical professional, such incontinence physiotherapist, you can take your own Peritone PLUS to the clinic. Your physiotherapist can use your Peritone + during your therapy sessions at clinic and use it to monitor your compliance with recommended therapy regime at home.
When you contract your muscles, a tiny electrical current is emitted in your muscles. This little current is picked up and displayed on the Peritone + screen. Each contraction of your pelvic floor is depicted by the LED light. Correspondingly, when you relax your muscles, the light disappears. The Peritone + helps you to understand your pelvic floor muscles and motivates you to carry on improving its strength.
Peritone + is equipped with Bluetooth connection software and is easily connectible to a PC. Using a PC and the Peritone + software, you can track and analyse pelvic floor performance statistics.
Peritone + specifications
- Single Channel
- Bluetooth connection software with licence for 5 activations
- EMG Range: 0.2µV to 2000µV RMS (continuous)
- Sensitivity: 0.1µV RMS
- Accuracy: 4% of µV reading +/- 0.3 µV at 200 Hz
- Selectable Bandpass filter - 3db Bandwidth; Wide: 18 Hz +/- 4 Hz to 370 Hz +/- 10% - Reading below 235 microvolts. 10 Hz +/- 3 Hz to 370 Hz +/- 10% - Reading above 235 microvolts. Narrow: 100 Hz +/- 5% to 370 Hz +/- 10%.
- Notch filter: 50 Hz (Canada 60 Hz) – 33 dbs (0.1% accuracy)
- Common mode rejection ratio: 130 dbs Minimum @ 50 Hz
- Sensitivity: 0.1 µV RMS
- Work / Rest periods: 2 to 99 seconds
- Number of trials: 1 to 99
- Low battery indication at 7.4 V +/- 0.2 volts and auto shut off 10 minutes after last key pressed
- Environmental conditions for storage and transport: - 10 to 50° C; 0 – 90% RH
- Environmental conditions for use: + 5 to + 50° C; 15 – 93% RH
- Dimensions: 128.5 x 64 x 28.3 mm (L x W x D)
- Weight: 150 g
- CE0088 Medical Device
- 2 years warranty
Contraindications and Precautions
- Please read user manual prior to first use and retain it for future reference
- Use the device only as directed
- If using vaginal probe, do not use during menstruation
- Do not use during bladder infection
- Do not use during pregnancy
- If in doubt, consult a medical professional (i.e. doctor, physiotherapist, etc.) for advice
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£5.00 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.00 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 3 - 4 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£15.00 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
Peritone + unit size: 128 x 64 x 28.3 mm / Weight: 150 g
Peritone + kit contains one Peritone PLUS control unit, 2 lead wires (i.e. lead wire and reference lead wire), 9V battery, stand cradle, 1 pack of self-adhesive skin electrodes (50 x 50 mm), Bluetooth dongle, software license for 5 activations, user manual and a soft carry case. CE mark Medical Device (CE0088). 2 years warranty.
*VAT exemption is available, when purchased for personal use by people with relevant chronic conditions. VAT relief declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase.
PLEASE NOTE that internal probes (i.e. Periform Plus, Anuform) are not supplied with Peritone PLUS kit and should be purchased separately.