Smart TENS Digital TENS Machine for Pain Relief
Smart TENS is a state of art modern TENS machine designed to deliver effective drug free pain relief. Smart TENS is sophisticated, yet simple to use digital TENS with 4 pre-set modes (programmes) for ease of use. Smart TENS is a dual channel TENS machine that is simple to use and effective, whilst also light, small and ergonomically shaped. During use, you can hold the Smart TENS in your hand or you can clip the Smart TENS to your clothing with adjustable belt clip located on the back of the machine. Alternatively, you can use the neck cord to wear the Smart TENS around your neck.
Smart TENS has 4 different TENS modes (programs) operating on intensity adjustable to individual user's preference or tolerance. Smart TENS is supplied with Dr Gordon Gadsby's book entitled 'An easy guide to TENS pain relief'.
*Smart TENS can be purchased VAT free for personal use by people suffering relevant chronic problems.
Smart TENS Machine background
TENS therapy is a recognised and for many years proven method of pain relief that is regularly recommended by medical professionals. TENS therapy as delivered by a TENS machine, such the Smart TENS, is drug free and has no side effects. You can apply TENS therapy on its own as an independent treatment modality or alongside in conjunction with other therapies, such as medication, homoeopathy, herbal medications, physiotherapy, chiropractic and osteopathic manipulation, hot & cold therapy and massage.
TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. TENS works by passing mild electrical impulses through the skin into the nerve fibres of peripheral nerves located below the skin. TENS impulses block the pain signals from reaching the brain. Additionally, TENS impulses also help the body to produce endorphins, body's own natural pain killers. Endorphins minimise the pain and induce a feeling of well-being.
Smart TENS is a dual channel TENS machine that is simple to use and effective, whilst also light, small and ergonomically shaped. During use, you can hold the Smart TENS in your hand or you can clip the Smart TENS to your clothing with adjustable belt clip located on the back of the machine. Alternatively, you can use the neck cord to wear the Smart TENS around your neck.
Smart TENS Machine helps with pain associate with acute and chronic conditions that respond well to TENS therapy, including painful problems listed below:
- Chronic & acute pain
- Back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Osteoporosis pain
- Sports injuries
- Period pan
- Post-operative pain
Using Smart TENS Machine
Using Smart TENS is simple. Just fit the batteries in the battery compartment. Fit the connective leads into the sockets at the top of the machine. Place the skin electrodes on the skin in the area you wish to treat and connect them to the TENS machine using the leads.
Smart TENS Machine has 4 different TENS modes (programmes) operating on intensity adjustable to individual user's preference or tolerance.
- Mode 1 - Constant: Pulse frequency 100 Hz / Pulse width 20 - 250 µs. The pulses are steady and continuous and feel like a tingly sensation. In this mode, the signals from Smart TENS prevent the pain signals from reaching your brain. This mode is based on the principles of Pain Gate Control Theory. High frequency signals generated by the Smart TENS machine are very effective in giving a quick pain relief with relief lasting for several hours after one hour of treatment.
- Mode 2 - Burst: Pulse frequency 32 Hz / Pulse width 20 - 250 µs. The pulses work in bursts, which mean that they are off and on in a regular cycle. The signals feel similar to a heart beat - tapping and pulsating sensation and slight muscle twitching can be felt. This mode is based on the Acupuncture like TENS or Endorphin Release Theory. Low frequency acupuncture-like TENS signals stimulate the body to release endorphins, the body's own pain killing substances. This type of treatment is slower to be effective, but the effects of 60 minute treatment can last for longer periods, sometimes for days.
- Mode 3 - Massage: Pulse frequency 32 & 100 Hz / Pulse width: 20 - 250 µs. Smart TENS generates regular cycles of decreasing and increasing pulses that create a massage-like sensation.
- Mode 4 - Mixed (dense disperse): This mode is a mixed setting in which the Smart TENS generates 3 seconds of Constant pulses followed by 3 seconds of Bursts. In the mode, the Smart TENS combines the pain blocking effects with endorphins stimulating effects.
Point to note: Pain is very subjective and pain perception varies from person to person. It is very difficult to predict how effective TENS therapy will be until you try it. Best results are obtained by selecting the most appropriate electrode positioning and the frequency setting that is both acceptable and provides most relief in treating of your painful condition.
Smart TENS is supplied with Dr Gordon Gadsby's book entitled 'An easy guide to TENS pain relief'. In this illustrated and easy to understand guide to TENS therapy, Dr Gadsby provides clear guidance on what painful conditions can be effectively treated with TENS machines and where are the best positions for electrode placements. Step by step, Dr Gadsby guides you through the best use of your TENS machine for effective outcomes in TENS pain relief.
Smart TENS Machine technical specifications
- Display: LCD digital
- Operation Mode: 4 modes
- Timer: Count down times with 5 settings: continuous, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 60 minutes
- Automatic power off: 5 minutes
- Output channel: Dual Channel
- Output Voltage: 0 - 60 V adjustable in 15 steps (500â„¦ load, peak to 0)
- Output Intensity: 0 - 120 mA adjustable in 15 steps (500â„¦ load). Intensity level drops back to 0 after mode changes.
- Output waveform: Asymmetrical bi-phasic rectangular
- Load Detector: Contact detection between the device and human skin
- Battery: 2 x 1.5 V AA Battery (Type LR6)
- Low Battery Detector
- Memory Function: Last setting remembered for the next use
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 5.5 x 3 mm
- Net Weight: 130 g
Smart TENS precautions & contraindications
- Do not use Smart TENS is you have a cardiac pace maker.
- Check with your doctor prior to using Smart TENS, if you suffer from a heart condition, epilepsy, undiagnosed pain or have any metal implants.
- Do not place electrodes on or near eyes, in the mouth, over the front of sides of the neck, across the head, heart or broken, inflamed, infected or numb skin.
- Do not use in the presence of tuberculosis, malignant tumours, high fever, very high or very low blood pressure or acute inflammatory disease.
- Do not use Smart TENS while driving or operating machinery.
- ALWAYS read the user manual prior to first use and retain the manual for further reference.
- ALWAYS consult your doctor if you have any doubts about using Smart TENS.
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Smart TENS kit consists of the main control unit, 2 lead wires, 1 set of 4 self adhesive skin electrodes 50 x 50 mm, 2 x AA batteries, 1 x neck cord, 1 x carrying pouch and user manual. Free Gift: An Easy Guide to TENS Pain Relief by Dr Gordon Gadsby. CE mark Medical Device. 5 years warranty.
VAT exemption is available, when purchased for personal use by people with relevant chronic conditions. VAT relief declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase.