TOTEM - UG Professional Incontinence Rehabilitation Device
TOTEM – UG Wireless Wearable Computerised EMG & Pressure Biofeedback & Pelvic Floor Stimulator for Clinical Use
TOTEM-UG is a compact and light wearable computerised wireless device that performs EMG Biofeedback, Pressure Biofeedback and electrical Pelvic Floor Stimulation via vaginal and/or anal probes. TOTEM-UG is designed to evaluate pelvic perineal dysfunctions and to treat urinary/ urogynaecological disorders by combining electric stimulation with pressure biofeedback or EMG biofeedback.
Therapeutic goals of the TOTEM-UG are to re-educate pelvic floor muscles and improve their functionality, leading to reduction in symptoms of incontinence and other pelvic floor related urogynaecological dysfunctions.
- Clinical EMG Biofeedback, Pressure Biofeedback and Stimulator Combination Device for therapeutic applications by qualified medical professionals
- Compact wearable wireless device
- Dual channel stimulator
- Dual channel surface EMG
- Dual channel pressure biofeedback
- Usable with special TOTEM Combicon Vaginal Probe
- Usable with any stimulation probes available on the market – either with ring shape or lateral electrodes with 2 mm female connectors, including dual circuit perineal stimulation probes with 4 electrodes (i.e. Perisize4)
- Compatible with any commercially available pressure biofeedback balloon probes with a luer-lock female connectors
- Wireless connection to the PC
- Two waveforms selectable, based on probe type used
- All parameters fully user selectable and adjustable
- LCD display
- Detachable rechargeable Li-Po battery
- CE mark Class 2 a Medical Device (CE0051)
- 24 months warranty
- Made in Italy by BEACMED
TOTEM Combicon Vaginal Probe
TOTEM-UG uses special TOTEM Combicon vaginal probe, which allows application of different muscle training on the left and right side of the pubococcygeal muscle - either by electrical stimulation or by biofeedback, whilst at the same time registering the pressure produced by involuntary contractions (i.e. generated in response to electrical stimuli) or by voluntary contractions (i.e. generated by patient’s own efforts).
When TOTEM-UG unit is used with the TOTEM Combicon vaginal probe, the device has unique capabilities not seen on any other EMG Biofeedback or Stimulator devices.
The unique capabilities of the TOTEM-UG, when used with TOTEM Combicon are as follows: 1: Asymmetric stimulation with different parameters and intensities of left and right sides of pubococcygeal muscle, whilst simultaneously measures contraction level via the pressure channel. 2: Simultaneously measures the EMG signals on the left and right branches of the pubococcygeal muscle and at the same time measures the contraction level via the pressure channel.
TOTEM-UG PC connectivity
TOTEM-UG is supplied with its own special software and requires to be used with a suitable personal computer. TOTEM-UG unit works wirelessly with a desktop or a laptop PC connected through a wireless Bluetooth connection. TOTEM-UG is supplied complete with special software compatible with Windows operating systems (i.e. Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 10). Please note that the TOTEM-UG kit does not include the PC.
Please note: TOTEM-UG unit is worn on the waist of the treated patient, incorporated securely into a fixing belt.
TOTEM-UG Technical Specifications
- Power supply: internal with separable Li-Po battery 3.7 Volt 1130 mAh (8 hours approximate life), rechargeable with special external charger
- Output voltage: Bi-phasic symmetrical or bi-phasic alternated pulses max. 100 Vpp (14 Vrms); energy per twin-pulse: 2.5 mJ max.
- Output current: max. 100 mApp (14mA rms) with normalized load 1000 Ohm
- DC component in the output: max. 4 mVrms
- Communication: wireless Bluetooth
- Input signals: Range EMG (envelope): 0 to 300.0 µV with resolution 0.1 µV - Range pressure: 0 to 300 cmH2O with resolution 1 cm H2O
- Dimensions: - 190 x 160 x 60 mm; Weight: - Kg. 0.2 (unit only)
- Allowed environment: Working 5°C to 35°C (20% to 80% RH) - Storage 5°C to 45°C - (8% al 95% RH)
- Therapy parameter adjustable by the user via software:
- Intensity: 0 to 100 mAmp on a 1000 Ohm normalised load
- Frequency: 1 to 200 Hz (±5%)
- Pulse-width: 30 to 500 μs (±5%)
- Pulse type (selectable): BI-PHASIC SYMMETRICAL or BI-PHASIC ALTERNATED
- Ramp up time of the stimulation train: 0 to 59 s. (±1s. of the e.o.s)
- Plateau of stimulation train: 0 to 59 s. (±1s. of the e.o.s.)
- Fall time of the stimulation train: 0 to 59 s. (±1s. of the e.o.s)
- Rest time of the stimulation train: 0 to 59 s. (±1s. of the e.o.s)
- Session time: 1 to 99 min’ (±1min.’ of the e.o.s.)
TOTEM-UG Professional Incontinence Rehabilitation Device - the perfect device with unique capabilities for your Continence Therapy Clinic.
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
TOTEM-UG kit consists of the Wireless TOTEM-UG unit, rechargeable Li-Po batteries, external battery charger for TOTEM-UG Li-Po battery, mains cable for the charger, adapter for using the TOTEM-UG Combicon vaginal probes, 2 x TOTEM Combicon vaginal probe, set of 4 skin surface electrodes (50 mm diameter suitable as reference electrodes during EMG biofeedback), 5 wire leads with protected 2 mm pin connectors for use with standard stimulation probes for EMG biofeedback or stimulation, waist belt for secure fixation of the TOTEM-UG unit on patients’ waist during treatment, CD Software including user manual, wireless Bluetooth USB dongle for connection to USB port on a PC, hard copy user manual, hard carry case. CE 0051 and 2 years warranty.
Please note that the TOTEM-UG is a ‘professional use only’ device.
Purchase orders are required for non-online purchases by the NHS, Private Healthcare Institutions and Independent Physiotherapy Clinics.