UR free to go Portable Urinal for Men
UR free to go Starter Pack
OUT OF STOCK
UR free to go is a patented body worn non-catheter urinal for men. UR free to go replaces the need for absorbent incontinence pads, diapers and pants that can leak, causing embarrassments, smells and itchy skin rashes. Effective, safe and easy to use, the UR free to go delivers freedom from restrictions caused by urinary incontinence and improves quality of life. Comfortable, convenient, discreet and practical for routine daily use, the UR free to go makes urinary incontinence easier to manage.
Suitable for active men and wheelchair using men of any age, UR free to go can help with transient and chronic continence problems to live their lives to full potential without restrictions, embarrassments or social isolation frequently caused by their condition. Additionally, the UR free to go can also help men with jobs or hobbies dictating limited or restricted access to toilets, such as long distance drivers, crane operators, pilots of small aircraft and gliders, travellers and many more.
The unique design of the UR free to go ensures that it can be used with confidence - when standing, sitting or going about normal daily activities at home, at work or during travel. UR free to go can be used short term (i.e. after urological surgery) and/or long term (i.e. when suffering with chronic urinary problems or chronic illnesses leading to loss of bladder control).
UR free to go is body-worn and non-catheter and offers a viable alternative to incontinence pads, pouches, diapers and pants. Using the UR free to go helps to prevent skin rashes and smells associated with absorbent incontinence protection products. Suitable for men able to pass urine without assistance, the UR free to go is designed for use in upright positions (i.e. standing, sitting or walking). The UR free to go is not suitable for use in bed or in lying down situations.
UR free to go overview
- Total urine collection system
- Unique patented design
- Suitable for use, when standing, sitting, walking and moving about
- Suitable for wheelchair users
- Simple to fit and easy to use
- Reusable and practical
- Roomy urine catchment Cup
- Comfortable with soft inner support cushion
- Skin friendly and preserving skin integrity
- Urine guided outflow with one way air valve
- Odourless and hygienic
- Rinse to clean
- Simple to disinfect
- Single user device
- CE mark Class 1 Medical Device
Using the UR free to go
UR free to go is designed for comfort, efficacy and ease of use. It will not rub or leak and once in position, you can go about your normal daily routine. Its unique design makes it suitable for standing, walking, sitting or pottering about. UR free to go is not suitable for sleeping or resting in lying position. Illustrated user instructions are simple to follow and you can also watch the instructional demo film on this web page. We recommend that when you first begin to use the UR free to go, you become accustom with its use at home before venturing out.
UR free to go consists of a ventilated cushioned mask-shaped Cup, which resembles a doughnut shaped face mask. The purpose of this Cup is to create a comfortable and roomy portable miniature toilet basin. Soft inner cushion cradles the private part and directs the urine outflow. Air current facilitates one way drainage through a connector and tube to a Collection Bag, strapped to your leg below the knee. The PVC material from which the Cup is made is soft and pleasant to touch. It has been tested by SGS Labs for safety and will not cause any skin irritations.
Prior to use ensure that the Collection Bag’s inlet valve at the top of the bag is open and the outlet located on the bottom of the bag is firmly closed. You can empty the bag as required or convenient.
You can easily clean the UR free to go by flushing it with water, while you are wearing it. Flushing inlet located on the upper part of the mask-shaped Cup enables flow of water down the Cup to the tube without wetting your body. Clean your UR free to go after wearing with water – firstly wash the Cup and then flush water through the tube to the Collection Bag. Open the outlet valve and drain the water. Allow to dry or wipe the Cup dry gently with soft cloth. Do not use harsh detergents or alcohol for cleaning. If necessary, use a gentle personal soap or a shower gel for cleaning the Cup. Always rinse well and dry off to prevent accumulation of soapy residues inside the mask-shaped Cup.
UR free to go is a reusable device. The manufacturer recommends that if you wear the UR device every day, you replace it regularly (i.e. when you see any signs of wear and tear or notice a potential leak during cleaning.
Selecting your UR free to go
When you first decide to become a user of the UR free to go, you need to select a Starter Pack.
UR free to go Starter Pack
The Starter Pack contains everything you require. Starter Pack comes in a selection of 2 different Cup sizes for regular or longer penises, based on length in flaccid state. Starter Pack A 1 and Starter Pack A2 contain Regular Cup and Starter Pack B1 and Starter Pack B2 contain Large Cup.
- Regular Cup (RCup) houses penises 7 – 11 cm long in flaccid state.
- Large Cup (LCup) houses penises longer than 11 cm in flaccid state.
Once you have selected the size of the Cup, you should select Fixation Pants for the Cup selected (i.e. RCup or LCup). Simply measure the circumference of your waist and select accordingly:
- Regular Cup Fixation Pants for waist 70 – 107 cm (28 – 42 inches)
- Regular Cup Fixation Pants for waist 96 - 137 cm (38 – 54 inches)
- Large Cup Fixation Pants for waist 70 – 107 cm (28 – 42 inches)
- Large Cup Fixation Pants for waist 96 - 137 cm (38 – 54 inches)
Fixation Pants are designed to ensure snug and secure positioning of the UR free to go in place during wearing. Fixation Pants are made from 97% cotton and 3% spandex. There is no need to wear other underwear over the Fixation Pants.
UR free to go Starter Packs
- UR free to go Starter Pack A1: Regular Cup with tube, 2 x Collection Bags 500 ml, Collection Bag Strap, Fixation Pants waist size 70 – 107 cm (28 – 42 inches), flushing syringe and user instructions.
- UR free to go Starter Pack A2: Regular Cup with tube, 2 x Collection Bags 500 ml, Collection Bag Strap, Fixation Pants waist size 96 - 137 cm (38 – 54 inches), flushing syringe and user instructions.
- UR free to go Starter Pack B1: Large Cup with tube, 2 x Collection Bags 500 ml, Collection Bag Strap, Fixation Pants waist size 70 – 107 cm (28 – 42 inches), flushing syringe and user instructions.
- UR free to go Starter Pack B2: Large Cup with tube, 2 x Collection Bags 500 ml, Collection Bag Strap, Fixation Pants waist size 96 - 137 cm (38 – 54 inches), flushing syringe and user instructions.
Once you become accustomed to using the UR free to go, you can also select a pair of Functional Pants that resemble normal underwear. Functional Pants also house the UR and you would be using them instead of the Fixation Pants. Some men prefer the Fixation Pants, whilst others opt for Functional Pants. Fixation Pants are a part of the Starter Pack. Functional Pants are an optional purchase. Functional Pants are compatible with both the Large Cup and the Regular Cup. You can purchase Functional Pants on the page with UR free to go Accessories.
Functional Pants are compatible with both the Regular and Large Cup. For pant size measure circumference at the waist:
- Medium: 70 – 79 cm (28 – 31 inches)
- Large: 79 – 87 cm (31 – 34 inches)
- X Large: 87 – 94 cm (34 – 37 inches)
- XX Large: 94 – 102 cm (37 – 40 inches)
- 3L: 102 – 109 cm (40 – 43 inches)
- 4L: 109 – 117 cm (43 – 46 inches)
Functional Pants are made 90% nylon and 10% spandex.
Functional Pants, Fixation Pants, Leg Bag Holder and Collection Bags can be purchased from the page dedicated to UR free to go Accessories
Leg Bag Holder
This is a one size fits all stretchy sleeve that holds the Collection Bag comfortable on the leg. The Leg Bag Holder is made from 67.5% polyester, 31% rayon and 1.5 % spandex.
Leg Bag Holder is made in one universal size and is available from UR free to go Accessories page.
- Collection Bag 500 ml
- Collection Bag 800 ml
Collection bags 500 ml and 800 ml can be found on UR free to go Accessories page. Collection Bag 2000 ml – please call us on 01835 864866 or use the Contact us form, if you wish to order the extra-large Collection Bag.
Optional and spare parts can be purchased from the page dedicated to UR free to go Accessories
UR free to go Replacement Packs
When you need to replace your UR free to go, please order a Replacement Pack. Replacement Pack contains a Cup with tube, 2 x Collection Bags 500 ml, Collection Bag Strap, flushing syringe and user instructions.
- UR free to go Replacement Pack A: Regular Cup with tube, 2 x Collection Bags 500 ml, Collection Bag Strap, flushing syringe and user instructions.
- UR free to go Replacement Pack B: Large Cup with tube, 2 x Collection Bags 500 ml, Collection Bag Strap, flushing syringe and user instructions.
Please note: Replacement Pack does not contain pants. If you require new pants, please purchase your preferred model (i.e. Fixation Pants or Functional Pants) separately.
Please go to page UR free to go Replacement Pack to purchase.
UR free to go – Questions & Answers
- Q: Can urine leakage arise, when wearing the UR free to go?
A1: This can sometimes happen. For instance, if the penis slips from the supporting ring on the Cup. In this case, ensure that you place your penis correctly within the Cup and check that the Fixation Pants are fitted firmly to with straps on your body, holding the Cup in correct position. It is important to always check that the penis is placed through the supporting ring into the Cup.
A2: If the leakage comes from the joints of the Cup or the drainage tube, ensure that the parts are correctly inserted and firmly joined for the tight lock.
- Q: What to do, if whilst sitting, the urine flow into the tube is not smooth or back fill occurs into the Cup?
A: Always make that due to sitting position there is no squeeze on the drainage tube and/or the bendable tube within the Cup. It is recommended that you extend the lower leg and keep the knee straight to facilitate smooth flow of the urine to the Collection Bag.
- Q: Drainage tube feels hard and could be potentially uncomfortable during use?
A: The drainage tube must be made for firm plastic material to prevent easy bending during use. When not worn, the tube feels hard to touch. However, when worn, the plastic softens due to exposure to body heat.
- Q: Who is suitable and can benefit from the UR free to go?
A: UR free to go is suitable for men who can pass urine naturally without assistance. It can help men with stress and urge incontinence and men with mobility problems and not able to get to toilet. UR can also be helpful during long distance travel.
- Q: How long will my UR free to go device last?
A: UR free to go is reusable and can be cleaned easily. However, with regular use of more than 6 hours per day, it is prudent to replace the device regularly, when you notice any signs of wear and tear or signs of potential leakage during cleaning and flushing out.
- Q: Can the UR free to go be used overnight?
A: No, the UR free to go is not suitable for use in lying position.
- Q: Do I need to wear underwear over the Fixation Pants?
A: No, there is no need to wear underwear over the Fixation Pants.
- Q: What should I do, if the drainage tube is too long for me?
A: You can easily trim the tube to the length required – simply follow the directions in user instructions.
- Q: Is the UR free to go easy to use?
A: UR free to go is easy to use, but as with all new devices, it does take a little time to get accustomed to it. Read user instructions, watch the video shown on the web page. Identify all the parts of the device, follow user instructions step by step and practise fitting it on your body correctly. Try it for few days in the privacy of your home and you will soon become proficient in its use. Once you gain experience and become familiar with its correct use, the UR free to go will improve the quality of your life!
UR free to go Portable Urinal for Men – your passport to better quality of life day after day!