Venowave VW5 Mobile Compression Device Calf Pump
Venowave VW5 Peristaltic Wave Compression Calf Pump for Circulation Enhancement
Venowave VW5 is a Mobile Compression Device, a compact peristaltic wave compression calf pump – a venous return assisting device - that utilises patented wave-form upward motion action to enhance circulation through intermittent calf compressions. Venowave delivers impressive clinical efficacy against conditions arising from poor circulation. Venowave VW5 Calf Pump enhances blood flow and venous return. Venowave VW5 is indicated for treating common problems related to poor circulation, including deep vein thrombosis (DVT), post thrombotic syndrome (PTS), chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), varicose veins, swollen legs and for stubborn and chronic leg ulcer healing enhancement.
Venowave is portable and discreet, battery powered, cordless and tubeless and can be worn on the calf for hours at a time without compromising mobility or active lifestyle. Portability and ease of use make the Venowave VW5 Calf Pump a perfect circulation support device for home use.
Models of the Venowave Mobile Compression Device Calf Pump
Currently, there are 2 models of the Venowave VW5 available.
- Venowave VW5-6 Mobile Compression Device for DVT Prevention
- Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Device for Vascular Conditions
Both models of the Venowave are offered as a pair of calf pumps to be worn simultaneously on both legs for best therapeutic outcomes.
You can find out about these models and their indications on the relevant pages of this website – click on the relevant link to products above.
Venowave VW5 Mobile Compression Device background
Venowave VW5 is a medical device designed to improve circulation and to treat and minimise array of serious problems associated with poor circulation. Clinically studied and proven effective, the Venowave uses patented wave form upward motion to pump up the blood from the lower leg.
Venowave VW5 has been designed to address the following circulatory issues:
- Symptomatic management of post thrombotic syndrome (PTS)
- Prevention of deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Prevention of primary thrombosis
- Treatment of chronic venous insufficiency (CVI)
- Treatment of swollen legs caused by vascular insufficiency
- Circulation enhancement
- Treatment of intermittent claudication
- Management and reduction of post operative pain and swelling
- Treatment of lymphedema
- Enhancing healing of leg wounds and ulcer ulcers
Venowave is FDA cleared, Health Canada certified and holds CE mark Medical Device accreditation (CE0086 - MDD 93/42/EEC).
Venowave VW5 pushes blood from lower leg upwards, reducing the problems caused by poor circulation. Enhanced blood flow promotes mobility and wellness, helping people cope better with demands of normal daily activities and even return to their employment or careers or participation in sports.
Venowave has been clinically tested for efficacy and safety. To date, the research has not revealed any hazards associated with the use of Venowave. However, the device should be used under medical guidance. Your doctor will consider your condition and your suitability to use peristaltic compression device and will also advice you the optimum duration to wear the Venowave for best outcomes.
The benefits of using the Venowave can be considerable, especially in people who use the Venowave precisely as advised by their doctor, who determines the optimum duration and frequency of use. Users report considerable relief of symptoms as well as improvements in their quality of life. Many people are able to return to their daily activities and resume their work, careers or active participation in demanding sports. The benefits you will experience depend on the severity of your symptoms and how long have you suffered from your circulatory condition and how well you adhere to your doctor’s recommendations for use in terms of duration and frequency of treatments.
Venowave is battery operated and uses 2 rechargeable batteries (NiHM), which supply power for up to 12 hours of continuous operation. The device can deliver many hundreds of hours of problem free treatments, increasing and supporting circulation.
Venowave generates upward waveform motion. When the device is worn firmly on the calf, the waveform motion increases blood flow by upward volumetric blood displacement, providing effective circulation support. Tied to the calf with soft breathable leg wrap and Velcro straps for good fit and comfort, the Venowave can be worn for many hours at a time (as required) without impacting on mobility or active lifestyle.
As Venowave is portable and battery operated, you can wear it switched on and assisting your venous return continuously, whilst leaving you free to go about your daily tasks. When fitted on your calf, the device feels snug, comfortable and light, so you can benefit from the circulatory support day after day all day long.
Venowave VW5 can be used as a standalone therapy modality or alongside traditional interventions, such compression stockings, blood thinners, bandages, etc. Venowave VW5 is suitable for use in hospitals prior to discharge or during home care after leaving hospital. Venowave VW5 is also perfect for home use as a long term circulatory support in people with chronic circulatory problems.
- Sobieraj-Teague M, Hirsh J, Yip G, Gastaldo F, Stokes T, Sloane D, O’Donnell MJ, Eikelboom JW. (2011). Randomized controlled trial of a new portable calf compression device (Venowave) for prevention of venous thrombosis in high-risk neurosurgical patients. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis 10 (229–35): 7. DOI:10.1111/j.1538-7836.2011.04598.x.
- Alexander G.G. Turpie, FRCP; Jack Hirsh, MD; Michael Gent, MS; Denise Julian, MS; Judith Johnson, RN. Prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis in Potential Neurosurgical Patients. Archives of Internal Medicine March 1989;149(3):679-681.
- O'Donnell MJ, McRae S, Kahn SR, Julian JA, Kearon C, Mackinnon B, Magier D, Strulovich C, Lyons T, Robinson S, Hirsh J, Ginsberg JS. (March 2008). Evaluation of a venous-return assist device to treat severe post-thrombotic syndrome (VENOPTS). A randomized controlled trial. Thromb Haemost. 3 (623-9). PMID 18327413.
- O'Donnell MJ, McRae S, Kahn SR, Julian JA, Kearon C, Mackinnon B, Magier D, Strulovich C, Lyons T, Robinson S, Hirsh J, Ginsberg JS (2002). Effects of a novel venous return assist device (Venowave) on lower limb venous flow in patients with post-thrombotic syndrome. Journal of the American Society of Hematology. Blood.
- Steven J. Kavros, DPM, Konstantinos T. Delis, MD, MS, PhD, FRCSI, EBSQvasc, Norman S. Turner, MD, Anthony E. Voll, RN, Davis A. Liedl, RN, Peter Gloviczki, MD, Thom W. Rooke, MD. Improving limb salvage in critical ischemia with intermittent pneumatic compression: A controlled study with 18 month follow up. Journal of Vascular Surgery Volume 47, Issue 3 , Pages 543-549, March 2008
- Avigdor Zelikovski MD, Clive L. Kaye MSc, Gershon Fink, Shimon A Spitzer MD and Yair Shapirot MD The effects of the modified intermittent sequential pneumatic device(MISPD) on exercise performance following an exhaustive exercise bout. British Journal of Sports Medicine 1993; 27(4) Br J Sports Med 1993;27:255-259 DOI: 10.1136/bjsm.27.4.255
Venowave VW5 - perfect medical device that can improve circulation for a healthier and more active life!