Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Device for Venous Insufficiency
Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Calf Pump for Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI) Management
Venowave VW5-10 is sold in kits containing 2 units of the Venowave as well as a battery charger and batteries. Battery life is 20-24 hours per charge to reduce battery charging to once daily with a spare set of batteries provided, enabling one set of the batteries to be in use and another on charge for effective and convenient peristaltic wave mobile compression therapy. For best therapeutic effects, the Venowave VW5-10 should be applied to calves on both legs at the same time.
Venowave VW5-10 is a medical device statistically proven to relieve the symptoms associated with chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), post thrombotic syndrome (PTS) and post phlebitic syndrome (PPS). Venowave enhances circulation and prevents problems associated with poor blood flow. Easy to apply and simple to use, the Venowave VW5-10 delivers a safe and effective solution to problems associated with poor blood flow, helping to regain your mobility and independence.
Venowave is FDA cleared, Health Canada certified and holds CE mark Medical Device accreditation (CE 0086 - MDD 93/42/EEC).
*Venowave VW5-10 can be purchased VAT free by people suffering with relevant chronic problems.
Venowave VW5-10 for CVI Management - background
Chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) arises, when the veins cannot pass deoxygenated blood back to the heart because of damaged or incompetent valves. Venous valves can be damaged by thrombosis, DVT or leg injuries. Post thrombotic syndrome and post phlebitic syndrome are associated with chronic venous insufficiency and presence of symptoms, such as leg swelling, leg heaviness, redness or discolouration, throbbing pain, itching, varicose veins, lymphedema and venous ulceration. The symptoms can be exacerbated by long standing and generally get worse as the day progresses.
Chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) is sometimes referred to as ‘musculovenous pump impairment’. Risk factors for developing CVI include age, obesity and DVT.
The traditional treatments for venous insufficiency are compression stockings and leg elevation and sometimes also herbal remedies. Venowave VW5-10 is statistically proven to reduce symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency, post thrombotic syndrome and post phlebitic syndrome, enabling sufferers to return to normal daily living.
When Venowave5-10 is applied to the back of the calf, it mimics the body’s natural venous blood flow by forcing the blood to be pumped upwards and away from the area affected by venous valves impairment. The peristaltic pumping action reduces swelling, heaviness, pain and other symptoms of venous insufficiency.
The Venowave VW5-10 offers the advantage of total portability that enables the user to move freely, whilst peristaltic wave compression is applied. There are no wires, tubes or sleeves and the power is provided by rechargeable batteries. The device can be easily worn under normal clothing (i.e. long skirts or long baggy trousers). The Venowave VW5-10 enables active lifestyle, whilst delivering impressive clinical efficacy across conditions developed as a result of chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) and effectively preventing venous thromboembolism (VTE).
Venowave delivers the following benefits:
- Therapeutic compression
- Post thrombotic syndrome prevention
- Manages and treats symptoms of post thrombotic syndrome
- Treats leg swelling arising from vascular insufficiency
- Treats varicose veins
- Treats venous insufficiency
- Improves circulation
Venowave VW5-10 can be used as a standalone therapy modality or alongside traditional interventions, such compression stockings. Venowave VW5-10 is suitable for use in hospitals prior to discharge or during home care after leaving hospital. Venowave VW5-10 is also perfect for home use as a long term circulatory support in people with chronic circulatory problems.
Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Device is safe to use and there are no limitations on how many hours per day you can use your Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Device. Upon being switched on, Venowave VW5-10 works immediately to improve your venous blood flow and reduce the risks associated with poor circulation. For best outcomes, especially when using Venowave in chronic venous insufficiency or when condition treated affects both lower limbs, it is recommended that you use the Venowave VW5-10 on both legs.
Venowave does not require calibration or special maintenance. Ensure that you always use fully charged batteries in the unit. 2 fully charge batteries produce up to 24 hours of Venowave operation. Batteries recommended for use with the Venowave are rechargeable NiMH batteries (2000 mAh or higher).
- You must not apply the Venowave VW5-10 over open leg wounds or unhealed ulcers.
- If you have a current Deep Vein Thrombosis, consult your doctor prior to using Venowave.
Venowave VW-10 Mobile Compression Device specifications
- Description: Mobile peristaltic wave compression calf pump
- Power: battery powered (2 x NiMH rechargeable AA batteries)
- Size: 190 x 100 x 48 mm (unit without wrap and packaging)
- Maximum calf circumference: 58 cm
- Wavelength: 140 mm
- Weight: 240 g
- Operation: 2 speeds
- CE mark Medical Device
- 12 months warranty
- O'Donnell MJ, McRae S, Kahn SR, Julian JA, Kearon C, Mackinnon B, Magier D, Strulovich C, Lyons T, Robinson S, Hirsh J, Ginsberg JS. (March 2008). Evaluation of a venous-return assist device to treat severe post-thrombotic syndrome (VENOPTS). A randomized controlled trial. Thromb Haemost. 3 (623-9). PMID 18327413.
- O'Donnell MJ, McRae S, Kahn SR, Julian JA, Kearon C, Mackinnon B, Magier D, Strulovich C, Lyons T, Robinson S, Hirsh J, Ginsberg JS (2002). Effects of a novel venous return assist device (Venowave) on lower limb venous flow in patients with post-thrombotic syndrome. Journal of the American Society of Hematology. Blood.
Venowave VW5-10 - helps you live a satisfying active life, whilst coping well with venous insufficiency condition.
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
One adjustable size for legs with calf circumference of up to 58 cm.
Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Device kit consists of 2 units with cuffs and velcro straps, 2 sets of 4 rechargeable batteries, charger, user guide and quick user guide on the inside of the packaging. CE mark Medical Device and 12 months warranty.
VAT exemption is available, when purchased for personal use by people with relevant chronic conditions. VAT relief declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase.