Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Device for Leg Wounds and Leg Ulcer Healing
Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Device Calf Pump as Wound Healing Intervention for Leg Wounds
Venowave VW5-10 is sold in kits containing 2 units of the Venowave as well as a battery charger and batteries. Battery life is 20-24 hours per charge to reduce battery charging to once daily with a spare set of batteries provided, enabling one set of the batteries to be in use and another on charge for effective and convenient peristaltic wave mobile compression therapy. For best therapeutic effects, the Venowave VW5-10 should be applied to calves on both legs at the same time.
Venowave VW5-10 is a medical device statistically proven to improve circulation in the lower limbs. Clinical case studies demonstrate significant results in diabetic, arterial and venous wounds. Chronic wounds are frequently seen in people aged 65 and over. Diabetes sufferers and people experiencing venous insufficiency are amongst those most prone to develop chronic wounds. Non-healing wounds and ulcers on lower limbs are common. If these wounds and ulcers are left untreated or unresolved, they can lead to amputations, disability, loss of independence and loss of quality of life.
Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Device enhances circulation. Improved blood flow brings high amounts of oxygenated and nutrient rich blood to the wound sites, hence, promoting faster healing and reducing the risk of potential amputations. Easy to apply and simple to use, the Venowave VW5 delivers a safe and effective solution to problems associated with poor blood flow, helping you to regain your mobility and independence.Venowave is FDA cleared, Health Canada certified and holds CE mark Medical Device accreditation (CE 0086 - MDD 93/42/EEC).
A wound is a break in the skin. Wounds that do not show improvements in 4 weeks or are not entirely resolved in 8 weeks are considered to be chronic non healing wounds. Chronic wounds are common occurrence in people aged 65 and over. Diabetes sufferers and people with venous insufficiency are the most prone to develop chronic wounds. Significant proportion of people with diabetic foot ulcers experience recurrent ulcer within 5 years. Non-healing wounds and ulcers on lower limbs are common. If these wounds and ulcers are left untreated or unresolved, they can lead to disabling amputations and loss of mobility and independence.
Applying correct wound care techniques, controlling underlying medical conditions and eradicating other relevant exacerbating factors that contribute to poor healing are essential to wound resolution.
Adequate blood supply to the area is another important issue that must not be overlooked, if wound healing is to be improved. Ensuring that plentiful oxygenated blood reaches the wound site is crucial.
Venowave VW510 is proven to enhance circulation and improve venous return in the legs. Clinical case studies and practical applications demonstrate significant results in healing of the diabetic, arterial and venous wounds and ulcers. Venowave stimulates blood flow, enabling high levels of oxygenated blood to reach the wounds, promoting faster healing and staving off potential amputations.
There are many intrinsic risk factors as well as external environmental factors that increase the risks of developing wounds and ulcers. The risk factors include diabetes, obesity, age, circulation disorders, blood clotting problems, tissue hypoxia, immunosuppressive therapy, smoking or alcoholism, malnutrition and external friction, pressure and shear.
Types of common leg wounds:
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers: Diabetic foot ulcers present as open sores and wounds commonly seen on the lower areas of the foot. They form due to combination of contributory factors, such as compromised healing, lack of feeling in the foot, poor circulation, foot deformity, friction or pressure on the foot and trauma to the foot. The risk of developing diabetic ulcer increases with the length of time the person has had diabetes.
- Arterial Foot Ulcers: Arterial insufficiency is the cause of arterial ulcers. Arterial ulcers are commonly experienced in people with arterial circulatory problems, such as arteriosclerosis, hypertension and diabetes. Arterial ulcers are regularly shaped, small and deep. They occur on the tips of the toes, heels and on the sides of the feel. Areas with arterial ulcers are covered with scabs.
- Venous Leg Ulcers: Venous ulcers are thought to result from impairment of one-way venous valves in the legs. Valve impairment causes pooling of blood, increased internal pressure within veins and leakage of fluids into the surrounding tissues. Accompanying swelling constricts capillaries, leading to tissue death. Venous ulcers are normally superficial and shallow, irregular in shape and oozing clear fluid. Venous ulcers are very painful and costly and labour intense to treat. Venous ulcers account for a large proportion of chronic wound cases.
Traditional wound healing treatments include antibiotics, ointments, regular debriment, oxygenation, UV, compression, dressings and bandages.
Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Device improves circulation and ensures oxygenated blood riches the wound sites. Better blood flow delivers oxygen and nutrients, help to remove waste substances from the tissues and promotes healing. Faster healing of wounds and ulcers reduces the risk of complications and fends off potential need to amputate the affected limb.
Worn on the calf of the affected leg or legs, the Venowave mimics and stimulates venous return by forcing the blood flow upwards the leg. Lightweight, portable, tubeless, cordless and discreet, the Venowave allows the users to remain fully mobile, whilst undergoing continuous treatment.
Venowave contributes to:
- Improved circulation
- Improved venous return
- Tissue oxygenation
- Improved healing
- Swelling reduction
- Discomfort reduction
What types of leg wounds or ulcers can Venowave VW5-10 help to heal?
- Arterial wounds
- Venous wounds
- Diabetic wounds
- Chronic wounds
Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Device can be used as a standalone therapy modality or alongside traditional wound care interventions, such as antibiotics, ointments, wound debriment and dressings. Venowave VW5 is suitable for use in hospitals prior to discharge or during home care after leaving hospital. Venowave VW5-10 is perfect for home use as a long term circulatory support in people with chronic circulatory problems.
Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Device is safe to use and there are no limitations on how many hours per day you can use your Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Device. Upon being switched on, Venowave VW5-10 works immediately to improve your venous blood flow and reduce the risks associated with poor circulation. For best outcomes, especially when using Venowave in chronic venous insufficiency or when condition treated affects both lower limbs, it is recommended that you use the Venowave VW5-10 on both legs.
Venowave does not require calibration or special maintenance. Ensure that you always use fully charged batteries in the unit. 2 fully charge batteries produce up to 24 hours of Venowave operation. Batteries recommended for use with the Venowave are rechargeable NiMH batteries (2000 mAh or higher).
- You must not apply the Venowave VW5-10 over open leg wounds or unhealed ulcers.
- If you have a current Deep Vein Thrombosis, consult your doctor prior to using Venowave.
Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Device specifications
- Description: Mobile peristaltic wave compression calf pump
- Power: battery powered (2 x NiMH rechargeable AA batteries)
- Size: 190 x 100 x 48 mm (unit without wrap and packaging)
- Maximum calf circumference: 58 cm
- Wavelength: 140 mm
- Weight: 240 g
- Operation: 2 speeds
- CE mark Medical Device
- 12 months warranty for UK/EU customers and 90 days for customers customers outside the EU
Steven J. Kavros, DPM, Konstantinos T. Delis, MD, MS, PhD, FRCSI, EBSQvasc, Norman S. Turner, MD, Anthony E. Voll, RN, Davis A. Liedl, RN, Peter Gloviczki, MD, Thom W. Rooke, MD. Improving limb salvage in critical ischemia with intermittent pneumatic compression: A controlled study with 18 months follow up. Journal of Vascular Surgery Volume 47, Issue 3, Pages 543-549, March 2008
VenoWave VW5-10 Calf Pump - helping to combat dangerous and painful leg ulcers in vulnerable people.
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
One adjustable size for legs with calves up to 58 cm in diameter..
Venowave VW5-10 Mobile Compression Device kit consists of 2 units with cuffs and velcro straps, 2 sets of 4 rechargeable batteries, charger, user guide and quick user guide on the inside of the packaging. CE mark Medical Device and 12 months warranty.
VAT exemption is available, when purchased for personal use by people with relevant chronic conditions. VAT relief declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase.