Vulval Varicosities and the V-Brace by Fembrace
Comfort and Daily Relief from discomfort caused by pregnancy related Vulval Varicosities
V-Brace by Fembrace for daily pain-free comfort in women suffering with pregnancy related Vulval Varicosities
- V-Brace relieves discomfort caused by excess pressure from swollen varicose veins in the vaginal area (Vulval Varicosities)
- V-Brace is adjustable for optimum level of comfort and support
- V-Brace is safe, effective and convenient to use
- V-Brace is soft, lightweight and machine washable for hygiene
The V-Brace support garment is most effective, if you put it on before rising from bed in the morning. Worn from early morning, the V-Brace will help to prevent excessive swelling of varicose veins in the vulva.
*VAT exemption does not apply to ladies purchasing the V-Brace by Fembrace to relieve pregnancy related varicosities.
Vulval Varicosities in Pregnancy
Some women develop vulval varicose veins during pregnancy. These vulval varicose veins are painful and can persist for some time after the childbirth. Normally, these pregnancy related painful vulval varicosities are transient and eventually subside and self eliminate. Vulval varicosities are tiny swollen blood vessels in the vaginal area. They look like little blood blisters and/or you can feel them as small painful lumps that can cause a great deal of discomfort. They eventually go down and disappear.
The main causes of vulval varicose veins in pregnancy are the surge in hormones and the increase in blood flow to the pelvic area. In some women, these pregnancy related physiological events contribute to vulvar vein enlargement. Additionally, in more advanced stages of pregnancy, the enlarged uterus exerts pressure on the pelvic veins. The veins swell and distend causing heaviness, burning sensation, throbbing, itching, pain and discomfort. Pregnancy related vulvar varicoses are transient and subside after the childbirth, when hormone levels return to normal and the size of the uterus reduces to its pre-pregnancy size.
The V-Brace by Fembrace was designed to ease the discomfort caused by enlarged and bulging vulval varicosities and the V-Brace delivers an effective compression treatment for vulval varicose veins. The V-Brace lifts, compresses and supports the entire crotch area and the vulva. The compression reduces the discomfort of distended veins by preventing pooling of the blood returning from the legs. It is recommended that the V-Brace support garment is put on before rising in the morning as this early action may help to prevent or minimise the swelling of the vulvar varicoses, thus reducing discomfort from arising in the course of the day.
The V-Brace™ by Fembrace®
The V-Brace consists of two independent but integrated parts:
- the V-Brace panty
- the V-Brace cross elastic support truss
Fabric composition: The V-Brace panty is made from polycotton with lycra for maximum comfort and support. The V-Brace cross elastic truss is made of polyester, spandex, cotton and lycra.
The V-Brace cross elastic support truss has special adjustable straps that can be tightened or loosened as and when required - both at the front and at the back. The straps are threaded through a unique double padded crotch pocket, where they cross over in order to provide the best support to the entire crotch and vaginal area. The straps have hook and loop finish for easy adjusting and fastening.
The V-Brace is made in white only and the garment comes complete with the cross elastic support truss and the panty. It is best to wear them together, because the special pocket on the panty ensures correct positioning of the cross elastic support truss in the crotch. You can purchase spare panties, as required. The V-Brace garment is machine washable and you can air dry it on clothes rack or hang it on a line.
V-Brace by Fembrace is a Class 1 Medical Device.
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
The V-Brace by Fembrace is available in 7 sizes:
- Petite: hip in cm: 84 – 86 / hip in inches: 33 – 34
- Small: hip in cm: 87 – 93 / hip in inches: 35 – 36
- Medium: hip in cm: 94 – 97 / hip in inches: 37 – 38
- Large: hip in cm: 98 – 105 / hip in inches: 39 - 41
- X Large: hip in cm: 106 – 110 / hip in inches: 42 – 43
- XX Large: hip in cm: 111 – 114 / hip in inches: 44 – 45
- XXX Large: hip in cm: 115 – 120 / hip in inches: 46 – 47
The sizing is based on the upper hip measurement taken at the level of the pelvic iliac crest just below the belly button. You measure yourself in the same way as you measure for normal underwear and clothing. Simply measure the circumference around your belly at its widest slightly protruding part. You can feel your iliac crests on the sides of your body just below your waist.
When wearing the V-Brace during pregnancy, you should select the V-Brace in the size 1 - 2 sizes larger than your pre-pregnancy size.
In the 1st trimester select 1 size larger and in the 2nd and 3rd trimester, select the V-Brace 2 sizes larger than your pre-pregnancy measurement.
The V-Brace Complete Garment is supplied as a single complete garment (i.e. single V-Brace truss with a single pair of Panties - support truss and a single panty with special crotch pocket) in selected size.
Spare panties: Supplied as a single panty in selected size.
2 x V-Brace with Panties - complete garment in selected size at 10% discount.
2 x spare Panties in selected size at 10% discount.
VAT exemption is not available, when V-Brace and pants are purchased for use during pregnancy.
10% discount when you purchase V-Brace Complete Garment 2 Pack - please select V-Brace Complete Garment 2 Pack 10% off
10% discount when you purchase V-Brace Spare Panties 2 Pack - please select V-Brace Complete Garment 2 Pack 10% off