HipSaver OpenBottom Unisex Crotchless Soft Hip Protector
HipSaver OpenBottom Soft Hip Protector protects older and elderly people from falls related hip fractures.
HipSaver Soft Hip Protectors are available UK nationwide directly from us and from the NHS Supply Chain in England and Wales and the NHS National Services Scotland in Scotland.
HipSaver OpenBottom Soft Hip Protector features open crotch and is suitable for people with incontinence problems.
HipSaver OpenBottom Soft Hip Protector can accommodate diaper type of incontinence wear, waterproof pants and/or incontinence pants.
HipSaver OpenBottom is also suitable for people in need of regular catheterisation.
HipSaver OpenBottom is made in 2 models: Standard model and SnapOn model
- HipSaver OpenBottom (Standard model) is a snugly fitting garment without a crotch. HipSaver OpenBottom has been designed to meet the needs of people with special toileting requirements and for people experiencing severe manual and mental dexterity problems. HipSaver OpenBottom is unisex and made in white in 7 sizes.
- HipSaver OpenBottom SnapOn model is an 'easy fit' variant of the OpenBottom standard model. HipSaver OpenBottom SnapOn is designed for fast and convenient dressing. It can be simply wrapped around the user wearing incontinence pants or diapers. It fastens with a single snap at the waist and one snap at each upper leg. There are 3 durable reinforced snap fasteners in total. HipSaver OpenBottom SnapOn is worn conveniently over incontinence diapers or pants. When changing pads or pants - simply unfasten the leg snaps, change the diaper or a pant and refasten. HipSaver OpenBottom SnapOn is unisex, made in white in 7 sizes.
Both models of HipSaver OpenBottom feature 2 airPads fitted over the hip areas. The soft airPads provide a snug protection to the vulnerable trochanteric area, moulding themselves into the body contours.
To benefit from 24 hour protection from fall related hip fracture, HipSaver Soft Hip Protector should be worn day and night. It is soft, comfortable and protective at all times!
HipSaver OpenBottom is unisex. It aims to provide protection from fall related hip fractures to elderly people with special needs, such as mental problems or manual dexterity problems, incontinence and catheterisation needs. HipSaver SnapOn model is a wraparound garment enabling dressing in bed or when sitting or standing. Changing of soiled incontinence protection is easy and fast.
HipSavers are easy to look after and durable. They are ‘Wash, Dry and Go’ garments, which means that HipSavers are fully machine washable at 95° C high temperatures and can be tumble dried on medium heat till dry and ready to wear.
Compatibility with high temperature wash at 95° C is essential, when HipSavers are used in care homes or hospitals, where washing at high temperatures is a hygiene regulations requirement.
When washing HipSaver at home for private use, wash your HipSavers in the same way as your other personal garments.
Please note that the protective HipSaver airPads are permanently sewn into the garment in the areas over the hips. The airPads are watertight and machine washable at high 95° C temperatures. You do not remove the airPads from the garment prior to washing as it is fully washable at 95° C and can be tumble dried at medium heat.
Most people require 3 pairs of HipSavers – one pair worn, one in a wash and one ready to wear.
Fabric composition: 36% polyester, 56% cotton, 8% Lycra
Please note that there are NO latex components in HipSaver Soft Hip Protectors!
HipSaver OpenBottom Standard and HipSaver SnapOn Soft Hip Protectors are available in 7 sizes for snug fit and comfort.
HipSaver OpenBottom Soft Hip Protector - working well for people with incontinence diapers and catheters with collection bags.
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£5.00 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.00 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 3 - 4 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£15.00 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
HipSaver Sizing Guide
- HipSaver: X Small (XS): 70 – 81 cm / 28 – 31 inches
- HipSaver: Small (S): 82 – 92 cm / 32 – 35 inches
- HipSaver: Medium (M): 93 – 102 cm / 36 – 39 inches
- HipSaver: Large (L): 103 – 114 cm / 40 – 44 inches
- HipSaver: X Large (XL): 115 – 127 cm / 45 – 50 inches
- HipSaver: XX Large (XXL): 128 – 146 cm / 51 – 57 inches
To measure for appropriate HipSaver size, you need to measure around for the hip – the circumference measurement around the body at the level of the upper thighs (trochanter areas). The trochanter area can be recognised easily as it moves, when a person raises a knee up in a standing position.
Single pack includes one HipSaver Soft Hip Protector with sewn-in protective airPads.
VAT exemption is available, when purchased for personal use by people with relevant chronic conditions. VAT relief declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase.
10% discount on purchases of 3 or more pairs of HipSavers in the same model, size and colour.