IntelliSTIM UG Perineal Stimulator
IntelliSTIM UG Perineal Stimulator for Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation and Continence Therapy
IntelliSTIM UG - IntelliSTIM UroGynaecological - Pelvic Floor Stimulation has never been so easy!
IntelliSTIM UG performs pelvic floor stimulation that rehabilitates pelvic floor and treats incontinence. Pelvic floor stimulation is an established and proven therapeutic method of treating incontinence. Pelvic floor stimulation is effective and safe and has been used for decades by medical professionals, such as specialist incontinence physiotherapists to rehabilitate and strengthen weakened pelvic floor muscles, restoring full functionality of pelvic floor and continence. Pelvic floor stimulation is effortless and can even help women with very weak compromised pelvic floor, who are unable to contract pelvic floor muscles through natural efforts. Pelvic floor stimulation is safe and does not cause any damage to stimulated pelvic floor muscles.
Please note: Pelvic floor stimulation is frequently referred to as ‘perineal stimulation’ and pelvic floor stimulators as ‘perineal stimulators’.
IntelliSTIM UG overview
- Dual channel pelvic floor perineal stimulator for professional and home use
- Comprehensive but easy to use pelvic floor stimulator
- Compact, portable and battery powered (2 x AA batteries)
- Belt clip for convenience
- Usable with vaginal and/or anal probes
- 2 selectable waveforms (rectangular biphasic symmetrical and rectangular alternating biphasic), enabling optimal use of probes (i.e. ring probes and probes with lateral electrodes)
- All pre-set programs are modifiable / editable to suit personal needs or therapy requirements
- All stimulation parameters are adjustable in real time during stimulation session
- Lock mode function – prevents patients changing parameters set by therapists
- 1 'free' manual program for setting with own stimulation parameters
- 3 'free' manual programs that automatically adjust work and rest times, when frequency is changed, making it very easy to set programs without having to consider the optimum relationship between frequency, work and rest times
- 3 pre-set urge incontinence programs
- 3 pre-set stress incontinence programs
- 1 pre-set mixed incontinence programs
- 1 pre-set muscle relaxation program
- 1 pre-set post-partum pelvic floor rehabilitation program (starting at 6 – 8 weeks after childbirth)
- 1 pre-set pain management program
- 1 pre-set sexual sensitivity (proprioception) program
- Medical Device (CE 0051)
- 2 years warranty
IntelliSTIM UG (model: IntelliSTIM BE-28UG) is a technologically advanced pelvic floor stimulator made in Italy by BeacMed.
IntelliSTIM UG and Pelvic Floor Stimulation
Pelvic floor stimulation of pelvic floor muscles with IntelliSTIM UG can effectively address Stress Incontinence, Urge Incontinence and Mixed Incontinence and other pelvic floor related issues.
- Stress Incontinence treatment with Pelvic Floor Stimulation
Stress incontinence is caused by urethral sphincter deficiency. Symptoms of stress incontinence include involuntary leaking of urine during coughing, jogging or running, sneezing, rising from a chair and other strenuous activities causing increased abdominal pressure.
The goal of the pelvic floor stimulation in the treatment of stress incontinence is to improve the voluntary control of pelvic floor muscles. As effective treatment of stress incontinence requires rebuilding of the pelvic floor muscle strength and endurance, patient should persevere with pelvic floor stimulation treatments over a longer period of time with gradual small steps progression until resolution is achieved.
IntelliSTIM UG can treat stress incontinence effectively. The treatment should be performed daily for 20 minutes. You should begin with short work periods and as the muscles begin to grow stronger, gradually build-up endurance by increasing duration of contractions.
Stress incontinence is normally treated with relatively high frequency electrical pulses, ranging from 35 to 100 pulses per second (i.e. 35 – 100 Hz) with the aim of exercising muscles fibres with strong short contractions.
When using pelvic floor stimulation to treat stress incontinence, the purpose of the stimulation is to induce pelvic floor muscle contractions. During stimulation, gentle tingling sensation is felt. When pelvic floor muscles contract and the pelvic floor lifts, the external part of the vaginal probe tilts visibly down. Simultaneously with the contraction, the patient feels tightening of the pelvic floor. Please note that pelvic floor stimulation does not cause damage to pelvic floor muscles, however, the stimulation should not feel uncomfortable. If a discomfort is felt, please reduce the intensity level down.
- Urge Incontinence treatment with Pelvic Floor Stimulation
Urge incontinence is caused by detrusor instability. Detrusor is the smooth muscle in the wall of the bladder. When healthy and well-functioning, the detrusor is relaxed during urine storage in the bladder and contracts to empty the urine from the bladder. Urge incontinence (i.e. overactive bladder) is a condition characterised by detrusor instability, spontaneous uninhibited contractions of detrusor muscle during bladder filling stage, leading to frequent urge to pass urine or urine leakage.
The goal of the pelvic floor stimulation in the treatment of urge incontinence is to strengthen the reflex inhibition of the detrusor muscle. Most patients begin to notice the difference after 7 – 10 treatments of 20 minutes’ duration and majority are cured after 15 – 20 treatments.
IntelliSTIM UG can treat urge incontinence (i.e. overactive bladder) effectively. The treatment must be performed daily for the first week, followed by 2 – 3 sessions per week for the next 3 – 4 weeks.
The most appropriate frequency for the urge incontinence (i.e. overactive bladder) is between 5 and 10 Hz with a pulse-width of between 250 and 400 microseconds.
Low frequency level stimulation used in the treatment of urge incontinence does not cause contractions and therefore there are no movements of the external parts of the vaginal probe to be seen. The stimulation is most effective at highest intensity levels. Any discomfort felt by the patient at the early stages of stimulation diminish with time and it is therefore possible to increase the intensity to the therapeutically desirable and more effective high intensity level.
- Mixed Incontinence treatment with Pelvic Floor Stimulation
Mixed incontinence accounts for circa 40% of all urinary incontinence cases. Mixed incontinence is characterised by episodes of stress incontinence caused by straining with increased abdominal pressure as described above alternating with episodes of urgency caused by detrusor instability, also described above.
IntelliSTIM UG can treat mixed incontinence effectively. Depending on predominance of the type of contributory incontinence (i.e. stress or urge), mixed incontinence can be treated with a relatively high frequency (i.e. 75 Hz) for greater effects of stimulation on the muscle tone and strength or with lower frequencies for greater effects on detrusor muscle.
Urge incontinence normally responds faster to stimulation treatment than stress incontinence, hence it is best to treat it first and subsequently follow with treatments for stress incontinence. Alternatively, 2 treatments per day can be performed, one for urge incontinence and one for stress incontinence.
IntelliSTIM UG specifications
- Channel 1 Intensity: Settings in 20 steps (each step 5 mA) from 5 mA to 100 mA on 1KΩ load (peak to peak value, by using a 200 µs pulse width)
- Channel 2 Intensity: Settings in 20 steps (each step 5 mA) from 5 mA to 100 mA on 1KΩ load (peak to peak value, by using a 200 µs pulse width)
- Frequency (Hz): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 10, 15, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140. 150
- Pulse width: 50 – 400 µs in steps of 50 µs
- Waveforms: Rectangular biphasic symmetrical; Rectangular alternating biphasic
- Ramp up (Rise-Fall) times: 0 – 5 s in steps of 1 s
- Work time: 1 – 60 s in steps of 1 s
- Rest time: 0 – 60 s in steps of 1 s
- Treatment time (timer): Continuous, 10, 20, 30, 45, 60, 90 minutes
- Dimensions: 138 x 68 x 28 mm
- Weight: 160 g including batteries
Connecting vaginal and anal probes correctly
- A channel on the IntelliSTIM UG connects to a probe through a pair of lead wires with 2 mm male connectors – one in black (negative) and one in red (positive).
- Connecting one channel to probes with 2 ring shaped electrodes, use symmetrical biphasic waveform, ensuring that the red connector is links to the proximal electrode ring (located in the middle of the probe).
- Connecting one channel to probes with 2 lateral long electrodes on 2 sides of the probe, use symmetrical alternating waveform. The red connector should be linked to the proximal electrode ring (located in the middle of the probe).
- Second channel can be used to connect special double-circuit probes for simultaneous vaginal and anal stimulation.
Pelvic Floor Stimulation background
Pelvic floor stimulation is an established and proven therapeutic method of treating incontinence. Pelvic floor stimulation is effective and safe and has been used for decades by medical professionals, such as specialist incontinence physiotherapists to rehabilitate and strengthen weakened pelvic floor muscles, restoring full functionality of pelvic floor and continence. Pelvic floor stimulation mimics pelvic floor exercises (i.e. Kegel exercises) by passively exercising pelvic floor muscles through electrically induced muscle contractions. Repeated contractions and relaxations of the pelvic floor muscles generated by gentle electric stimuli produce similar effects to Kegel exercises performed naturally. Stimulation strengthens and tightens pelvic floor muscles and external urethral sphincter and improves or restores pelvic floor functionality. Strong and tight pelvic floor prevents and reduces incontinence in both women and men as well as helps to minimise the risk of genital prolapse in women and erectile dysfunction and post-micturition dribble in men. Pelvic floor stimulation with internal probes (i.e. vaginal or anal stimulation probes) targets correct pelvic floor muscles and rules out the ineffectiveness of natural Kegel exercises caused by squeezing the wrong muscles. Additionally, pelvic floor stimulation is effortless and can even help women with very weak compromised pelvic floor, who are unable to contract pelvic floor muscles through natural efforts. Pelvic floor stimulation is safe and does not cause any damage to stimulated pelvic floor muscles.
IntelliSTIM UG contraindications
- Read and follow user manual recommendations
- Do not use for 3 months after childbirth
- Do not use in pregnancy
- Do not use if fitted with pacemaker or if suffering from a serious heart arrhythmia
- If you suffer from epilepsy – consult your doctor before using any electrical stimulator
- Do not use in children under age of 12, unless under strict medical supervision
- Do not use if suffering from nephropathies, lower urinary tract infections, existing tumours, post-micturition residual in excess of 100 ml, vesico-urethral reflux, total denervation, vaginal bleeding between menstruation
- If you are in any doubt as to your suitability to use pelvic floor stimulator, please consult your doctor!
IntelliSTIM UG Pelvic Floor Perineal Stimulator – your passport to strong and healthy pelvic floor - treat your pelvic floor and continence issues safely and effectively at home or under the guidance of your medical professional at clinic with the IntelliSTIM UG Pelvic Floor Perineal Stimulator!
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Dimensions: 138 x 68 x 28 mm / Weight: 160 g including batteries
- IntelliSTIM UG kit with Minima Vaginal Probe consists of the unit, Minima Vaginal Probe (nickel free with gold plated electrodes), 2 sets of connective leads with black and red connectors, 2 x AA batteries, user manual and a carry case for storage and transportation. CE 0051 and 2 years warranty.
- IntelliSTIM UG kit with Analis Anal Probe consists of the unit, Analis Anal Probe (nickel free with gold plated electrodes), 2 sets of connective leads with black and red connectors, 2 x AA batteries, user manual and a carry case for storage and transportation. CE 0051 and 2 years warranty.
- IntelliSTIM UG kit (unit only) consists of the unit, 2 sets of connective leads with black and red connectors, 2 x AA batteries, user manual and a carry case for storage and transportation. CE 0051 and 2 years warranty.
VAT exemption is available, when purchased for personal use by people with relevant chronic conditions. VAT relief declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase.