BVS Pro W Wireless Real-Time Bladder Scanner
BVS Pro W Wireless Handheld Real-Time Ultrasound Bladder Scanner
BVS Pro-W Bladder Scanner comes with unlimited distance training delivered remotely.
- BVS Pro W Introduction
- BVS Pro W at a Glance
- BVS Pro W Pricing
- Using BVS Pro W Bladder Scanner
- BVS Pro W Technical Specifications
BVS Pro W Introduction
BVS Pro W is a new generation handheld real-time ultrasound bladder volume scanner that is portable and lightweight. Technologically advanced, wireless and rechargeable, easy to use with a click of a single button, the BVS Pro W incorporates the Bladder Wall AutoSelect™ Technology that enables automated identification of male, female or a child without prior selection. The scanner produces sharp and clear images, delivering fast and accurate measurements on its LCD colour touch screen in seconds.
BVS Pro W Bladder Scanner amalgamates compact design with advanced features, resulting in a unique scanner that is fast and accurate, operator friendly and uniquely mobile for the perfect go-anywhere bladder scanning.
BVS Pro W Bladder Scanner performs well in busy hospitals, where the operators can move quickly from outpatient clinics to scan hospitalised patients on the wards. In the community settings, the operators can scan at different clinics or health centres in different locations, move from one care home to another or conveniently scan patients receiving care in their own homes.
BVS Pro W Bladder Volume Scanner displays the bladder volume measurement on its LCD colour display touch screen and stores the measurement values and bladder representation images in its internal memory. The stored data can be transferred from the scanner via Bluetooth connection to a PC for storage or for transfer to a ‘removable disk’. Alternatively, the saved/stored data can be downloaded from the scanner to the Android devices, namely Android tablets and smartphones, for viewing, storage, editing or printing of reports, utilising the BVS Pro App available from Google Play.
The wireless connectivity of Bluetooth communication can also facilitate transfers of measurements to Electronic Health Records (EHR), if required, whilst the software makes it possible to upload scanned data directly to Digital Patient System, if desired.
As well as easy to use, the BVS Pro W Bladder Scanner is easy to maintain. The BVS Pro W does not require annual calibration or annual servicing, hence, there is no scanner downtime, no operator inconvenience and no routine maintenance-related costs.
The only routine tasks that the BVS Pro W requires are: 1) diligent cleaning of the handheld scanner prior to /after each patient; 2) regular battery charging; 3) appropriate storage of the scanner during transportation and when not in use.
BVS Pro W is a Class 2a Medical Device, CE 0123, manufactured by Mediate Medical Technology Co Ltd.
Affordable, cost-effective, practical, reliable, compact and mobile for convenient versatility of use and with 4-years long generous warranty on the entire scanner, the innovative new generation BVS Pro Wireless Bladder Volume Scanner represents bladder scanning advancement, easy usability and a great value to all users, including the NHS and private health care providers.
BVS Pro W Wireless Bladder Scanner at a Glance
- Technologically advanced wireless real-time bladder volume scanner
- Urine volume and PVR in men, women and children
- Wireless communication with Bluetooth
- LCD colour touch screen 2.8 cm² (1.10 square inches)
- Compact, lightweight, mobile and easy to carry
- Bladder volume range of 999 ml
- Power/Scan single button operation
- Automatic shut off after 8 minutes of non-operation
- Powered by rechargeable Lithium-ion battery for convenience and mobility
- Full battery charge on empty battery achieved in less than 6 hours
- 200 scans from fully charged battery
- Battery indicator light on the handle (i.e. red during charging, green when charged)
- During use, the battery status icon is displayed in the top right corner of the screen
- Usable on the go as a mobile scanner and/or on a trolley
- Easy to use with/without prior bladder scanning experience
- Features small touch screen in colour
- Pre-scan function with real-time images for easy bladder location
- Automated identification of male, female, child anatomy with Bladder Wall AutoSelect™ Technology
- Communication with a digital patient data file, if required
- Camera Mode can read QR Code / Barcode and link them with the patient scan results
- Accurate scan results in less than 4.5 seconds
- Real time bladder scan images
- Weight is less than 470 g
- Volume measurement accuracy: phantom: ±10.00% //// 0 – 150 ml: ±15.00% //// 150 – 999 ml: ±10.00%
- Calibration not required
- Servicing not required
- Expected life span up to 8 years
- Saves time and costs
- Affordable and long term cost-effective
- CE 0123 Class 2a Medical Device
- 4 years warranty on the scanner, excluding misuse, batteries and disposables
BVS Pro W Bladder Scanner Pricing
Please note: The BVS Pro W Bladder Scanner Sets do not include Android tablets!
Package 1 BVS Pro W - Basic Set
BVS Pro W Bladder Scanner unit, charger and power lead with 3 pin UK plug fitted, user manual, hand-shoulder carry bag and retail packing box. CE 0123. 4 years warranty on the scanner unit. Unlimited distance training delivered remotely. Certificates of Proficiency in operating BVS Pro W issued. Unlimited long-term phone support as required. Price on Application
Package 2 BVS Pro W - Wireless Charging Set
BVS Pro W Bladder Scanner unit, wireless charging cradle, charger and power lead with 3 pin UK plug fitted, user manual, hand-shoulder carry bag and retail packing box. CE 0123. 4 years warranty on the scanner unit. Unlimited distance training delivered remotely. Certificates of Proficiency in operating BVS Pro W issued. Unlimited long-term phone support as required. Price on Application
Package 3 BVS Pro W - Set with Trolley
BVS Pro W Bladder Scanner unit, trolley with tray, wireless docking station system, user manual and retail packing box. CE 0123. 4 years warranty on the scanner unit. Unlimited distance training delivered remotely. Certificates of Proficiency in operating BVS Pro W issued. Unlimited long-term phone support as required. Price on Application
External thermal printer. Price on Application
Using the BVS Pro W Bladder Scanner
The BVS Pro W is simple and easy to use by experienced operators and by operators new to bladder scanning.
- The scanner features LCD colour touch screen located on the top of the scanner handle.
- Parameters, such as date & time, brightness of the LCD screen, power saving auto shut down time, scanning format of patient information and other variables, can be easily set or adjusted on the Menu in Settings.
- The BVS Pro W Bladder Scanner incorporates the new generation Bladder Wall AutoSelect™ Technology that allows automated identification of male, female or a child without prior selection.
The BVS Pro W starts, operates and shuts off with just one button.
- Please ensure that an appropriate amount of conductive ultrasound gel is used during bladder scanning.
- The Power/Scan button on the handle powers the scanner on with 4 second press and the shut off process is initiated by 2 second press. This 2 second press initiates Power Off warning shown on the LCD touch screen. The operator can either select shutting of the scanner of by pressing OK on the LCD screen or press Cancel to continue scanning.
- During the Pre-scan stage of the bladder volume scan, the black circle that represents the bladder is shown on the scanner’s colour touch screen. This bladder representation image should be dissected in the middle by a vertical green line appearing on the screen, which helps the operator locate the bladder. Pressing the button again, the scanner commences scanning. 12 frames with 12 images are produced and shown on the screen alongside an image of the yellow aiming lines crossing, when centred on the bladder during scanning. Urine volume measurement is displayed at the top of each frame with image. If the yellow aiming lines are not well centred on the bladder contour, it is recommended to re-aim and repeat the scan.
- Upon completion of the scan, you can browse the 12 frames with 12 scanned images. When you click the Save on the scanner screen, the images and the result are saved in the internal memory of the scanner to be reviewed later. If the scanner is connected wirelessly via Bluetooth with a printer, you can use the command Print displayed on the scanner screen to activate printing.
- BVS Pro W Bladder Volume Scanner displays the bladder volume measurement on its LCD colour touch screen and stores the measurement values with bladder representation images in its internal memory. The stored data can be transferred from the scanner via integrated Bluetooth to a PC for storage or for transfer to a ‘removable disk’. Alternatively, you can download the data from the scanner to the mobile Android devices, namely Android tablets and smartphones, for viewing, storage, editing or printing of reports in PDF format, utilising the BVS Pro App available from Google Play.
- The wireless connectivity of Bluetooth communication can also facilitate transfers of measurements to Electronic Health Records (EHR), if required, or upload the data directly to Digital Patient System, if required.
Maintenance of the BVS Pro W Bladder Scanner
You should inspect the scanner weekly for any physical faults or cracks as these could affect the performance of the scanner. If you discover such faults, please contact us at Win Health Medical for advice and help.
Calibration of the BVS Pro W Bladder Scanner
BVS Pro W does not require annual calibration. However, if you have reason to believe that the scanner is delivering inaccurate volume measurements, contact us at Win Health Medical for advice and help.
Please note: If annual calibration is an essential requirement at your hospital or clinic, we can also assist you. Contact Win Health Medical and we will be happy to help!
BVS Pro W Bladder Scanner specifications
- Ultrasound Frequency: 2.5 MHz
- Number of Sections in one calculation: 12 sections with interval of 15°
- Measuring Range: Adult bladder volume range: 0 to 999 ml
- Measuring Accuracy: ≤±15%
- Scan angle: 120 degrees
- Scan time: less than 4.5 seconds
In accordance with IEC 60601-1 and IEC 60601-2-37
- According to Protect against Electric Shock Classification: Charging: class II; Working: Internal electrical power source
- According to Degree of Protection against Electric Shock: B type applied part
- According to IPX Classification: IPX1
- Mode of operation: Continuous
- Applied Part: Scan probe
- Rating Voltage：3.7V DC
- Capacity ：4400 mAh，Lithium Polymer
- Charge Voltage：5V DC, 2A
- Charging Time ：Less than 4 hours
- End of Discharge Voltage：2.8V
- Over Charge Voltage：4.2V
- Operating Temperature：Charging（5℃--45℃；Discharging（-10℃--60℃）
- Storage Temperature：-5℃--35℃（40% - 50% full charge capacity）
- Cycle Life：300 cycles
- Ambient temperature: 5℃~40℃
- Relative Humidity: ≤80% non-condensing
- Air Pressure: 70 kPa - 106 kPa
- AC power supply: AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz, 0.3A; (for battery charging)
- Working power: battery-driven
Storage and Transportation
The scanner must be fully packed and stored in a room conditions listed below:
- Temperature: -20℃~40℃
- Relative humidity: ≤80% non-condensing
- Air Pressure: 50 kPa - 106 kPa
- No corrosive gas and well-ventilated
The accessories such as cradle and charging adapter should be packed into original package before transportation. Severe impact and crash, rain and snow shall be avoided. Disconnect the battery from the main unit during transportation.
- Temperature: -20℃~40℃
- Relative humidity: ≤80%
- Air Pressure: 50 kPa - 106 kPa
Charging adapter specifications
The Charging Adapter is tested to EN 60950-1 requirements and complies with UL and CSA equivalent standards. The Charging Adapter is only used for battery charging, the instrument cannot be used during charging. The Charging Adapter is not intended for direct patient contact. It is designed to operate within the specifications and environmental conditions identified in the following:
- Input Voltage: 100 - 240 VAC
- Input Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Input Current: 0.3 Amp
- Input Connection: Direct plug-in AC prongs for wall plug-in units
- Output: 5V DC, 2.1A
- Insulation: Class II with double insulation
BVS Pro W Bladder Volume Scanner – the perfect mobile scanner for community health care settings and for scanning on the go!