evoStim T for Pain Relief and Neuromuscular Stimulation
evoStim T is a dual channel device that delivers TENS therapy for pain relief and NMS stimulation for prevention and treatment of muscular hypotrophy (i.e. reduction in muscle size) via self-adhesive skin electrodes. evoStim T is suitable for home use by individuals in need of pain relief and rehabilitation and for applications at clinics by health professionals for rehabilitation and pain relief therapy.
evoStim T is made in Italy by BEACMED. evoStim T is a CE marked Medical Device (CE0051).
TENS therapy has been commonly used for many decades to treat different types of peripheral pain in different body areas, such as lumbago, arthritic joint pain, sciatica, muscular pain, rheumatism, post-traumatic pain, post-surgical pain, neuralgia, tendonitis, distortion and more. NMS (neuromuscular stimulation) is useful in treatment and prevention of localised muscular hypotrophy (i.e. localised loss of muscle mass).
evoStim T overview
Ergonomically shaped evoStim T has a rotating upper knob that functions as a rotation button and a push button. Functioning as a push button, the knob turns the evoStim T unit on or off or pauses the stimulation, whilst rotation of the knob adjusts stimulation intensity or the value of different stimulation parameters.
Delivering high performance, flexibility and ease of use, the evoStim T features touch screen with 6 virtual touch buttons allowing quick selection of treatment modes and programs. Intensity of treatment is adjustable independently on each of the two channels.
evoStim T has a selectable waveform. For treatments of a single muscle using 2 skin electrodes on a single channel, the best is the symmetrical bi-phasic waveform. If a group of muscles is treated using both channels, the best is the bi-phasic alternated waveform. The default waveform is the symmetric bi-phasic, but it is fast and easy to switch from one waveform to the other, when desired.
The 6 virtual touch buttons located at the bottom of the screen allow the user to quickly select one of the 4 modes of stimulation
Or one of the two therapeutic aims modes
- Acute pain
- Chronic pain
Each of the 6 virtual touch buttons initiates a ‘standard’ stimulation program that is most commonly and most successfully used with the modes as presented above. Upon completion of a stimulation treatment, the evoStim T automatically reloads the last (same) program on the next switch-on. Hence, if using the same program for your next treatment, you do not need to re-select it, because it will be used automatically.
Home use of the evoStim T
Using the evoStim T for an individual user at home is simple.
- Switch on the unit
- Select one of the 6 virtual touch buttons (for the first session only)
- Adjust the stimulation level for both or one channel (as appropriate to your needs)
evoStim T automatically selects a default ‘standard’ program that is under automatic IntelliSTIM control, which does not need adjustments other than intensity of stimulation.
Please note that advanced programs can be applied at home by following the guidance in user manual.
Advanced use of evoStim T at clinics
Using the evoStim T at a clinic by professionals can be more complex as a professional can select and initiate 60 stimulation programs - 10 different therapeutic programs for each of the 6 virtual touch buttons to change all treatment parameters to address specific therapeutic needs of a patient.
evoStim T can be reset back to factory settings at any time.
evoStim T Stimulation Programs
There 60 pre-set programs with each of the 6 touch buttons linking to 10. The 6 touch buttons allow quick selection of a program as required by the user. One default ‘standard’ program is linked to each of the 6 touch buttons, enabling immediate delivery of a standard stimulation treatment.
- P0 – P9: Constant TENS: Stimulation is CONSTANT without Rest periods and does not change during treatment session. All programs last 40 minutes, but duration is adjustable in steps of 5 minutes from 5 up to 90 minutes. Default ‘standard’ program is P0 and this program is a subject of automatic adjusting function. Programs P1 – P9 are pre-set but can be edited by the user.
- P10 – P19: MODULATED TENS: Programs P10 – P19 treat pain by a frequency modulation stimulation, during which frequency and pulse width may change during treatment session. Duration of programs is 30 minutes, but can be adjusted. The programs are editable by the user as required.
- P20 – P29: BURST TENS: When using P20 – P29 programs, pulse width automatically adjusts in reverse proportionality to frequency, changing automatically Action/Rest ratio. Default program is P20, which is a subject to automatic adjusting function. Duration of all programs is 60 minutes, but is adjustable in steps of 5 minutes from 5 to 90 minutes. Programs P20 – P29 perform well in the treatment of back pain.
- P30 – P39: MUSCULAR TENS: Programs feature 4 cycle-steps (Rise – Plateau – Fall – Rest) and are suitable for selective stimulation of different types of muscle fibres for the following effects: Myorelaxing, Warm-up, Capillarisation, Resistance, Toning, Resistant Force and Explosive Force. In default P30 program, the neuro-muscular stimulation is performed under the IntelliSTIM control with automatic adjustment in cycle-step times. Programs PP31 – P 39 are editable by the user. All programs duration is set to 60 minutes, but can be adjusted from 5 minutes to 90 minutes.
- P40 – P49: ACUTE PAIN: Default P40 program has pre-set frequencies and cannot be adjusted. When using editable programs P41- P49, the pulse width automatically changes, if frequency is adjusted - the pulse width is inversely-proportional to the frequency and changes accordingly. Duration of treatment varies between programs and can be adjusted.
- P50 – P59: CHRONIC PAIN: Default program P50 is pre-set. For P51 – P59 programs, the pulse width is inversely proportional to frequency and changing frequency automatically adjusts pulse width. Duration of programs varies and can be adjusted.
evoStim T technical specifications
- Dual channel advanced TENS NMS
- 2 self-adhesive electrodes per channel
- Easy to use and intuitive
- Battery powered 3 x AAA batteries (LR03)
- Battery life circa 20 hours (depending on program used and output level set)
- Open circuit detection
- Output: 1 – 99 mApp in steps of 1 on a standard 1KΩ load
- Frequency: adjustable from 1 to 150 Hz (± 5% of E.O.S.)
- Pulse width: adjustable from 40 to 400 µ in steps of 10 (± 5% of E.O.S.)
- Output waveform: selectable between b-phasic symmetrical and bi-phasic symmetrical alternated
- RISE time: from 0 to 5 seconds in steps of 1 second (± 1% of E.O.S.)
- PLATEAU time: from 0 to 5 seconds in steps of 1 second (± 1% of E.O.S.)
- FALL time: from 0 to 5 seconds in steps of 1 second (± 1% of E.O.S.)
- REST time: from 0 to 60 seconds in steps of 1 second (± 1% of E.O.S.)
- SWEEP time: from 0 to 10 Hz (± 1% of E.O.S.)
- Session time: selectable between 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 minutes or Continuous
- Operating conditions: 5 to 40° C; Humidity: 15 – 93% ; Atmospheric pressure: 700 hPa to 1060 hPa
- Dimensions: 73 x 147 x 25 mm
- Weight: 200 g (including batteries)
- CE mark Medical Device (CE0051)
- 2 years warranty
- Made in Italy
Contraindications, warnings and precautions
- Read user manual prior to use and retain it for future reference
- Observe contraindications and follow recommendations listed in user manual
- Consult your doctor if you are not sure about your suitability for TENS therapy
- Do not use during pregnancy
- Do not use, if you have a fitted pacemaker or suffer serious heart arrhythmia
- Do not use, if you have epilepsy
- Do not place electrodes over carotid sinuses located on the size of the neck
- Do not over the eyes
- Do not place electrodes over broken skin or where normal sensation is absent
- Do not use on children under age of 12, unless under medical supervision
- Do not use on the heads of children under the age of 12
evoStim T – perfect advanced TENS for pain relief and outstanding NMS for muscle hypotrophy treatment and prevention – at home or at clinic!
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Dimensions: 73 x 147 x 25 mm / Weight: 200 g (including batteries)
evoStim t kit includes the evoStim unit, set of 2 lead wires, set of 4 skin electrodes (50 x 50 mm ), 3 x 1.5 V AAA batteries, key for battery compartment, user manual and a carry bag. CE 0051 and 2 years warranty.
VAT exemption available for people with relevant chronic problems. You must complete VAT form online at the time of purchase.