Personal Laser™ L400
Energy Lasers Personal Laser™ L400
Personal Laser™ L400 is a Cold Laser or Low Level Laser Therapy device or Soft Laser
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is also referred to as PhotoBioModulation (PBM)
Personal Laser™ L400 belongs to patented Energy Lasers brand of cold lasers / soft lasers, utilising the latest LLLT/PBM technology. Personal-Laser™ L400 is the smallest cordless cold laser in the world (as is the less powerful model L200). Utilising 400 mW of laser power, Personal Laser L400 generates coherent continuous beam of infrared laser light in 808 nm wavelength in invisible light spectrum. Personal Laser L400 Laser’s beam penetrates the skin to circa 3 – 4 cm depth, making it a perfect soft laser to treat and maintain pain, inflammation and swelling of connective tissues underlying the skin, scar tissues and aches and discomfort in minor muscles, tendons and smaller joints at home.
Personal Laser™ L400 is a non-invasive, effective and safe soft infrared laser for personal use at home!
Low Level Laser Therapy / PhotoBioModulation work by application of low level laser light in red and/or near-infrared light spectrum to the surface of the body. LLLT is non-invasive and does not lead to tissue heating or any significant or serious side-effects noted to date. LLLT can be used as a standalone therapeutic modality or in conjunction with other conventional therapies, such as physiotherapy, massage, chiropractic, podiatry and medication. Laser light treatments have a very wide range of therapeutic applications with magnitude of positive effects on the living organisms. LLLT stimulates immune system and enhances body’s own natural healing capabilities, facilitating faster recoveries from illnesses and injuries. LLLT effectively reduces pain, discomfort, inflammation and swelling, accelerates wound healing, improves blood flow in the treated area, stimulates collagen production and contributes to removal of toxins and waste products from the cells and tissues, thus leading to cell renewal and tissue regeneration.
LLLT / PBM has been researched for over 40 years and is proven in many clinical studies. LLLT / PBM is non-invasive and drug free therapy known for its efficacy and safety.
Personal Laser™ L400 overview
- Latest generation powerful LLLT/PBM laser (i.e. cold laser or soft laser)
- Indicated for the skin and underlying tissue treatments (i.e. skin conditions, shallow open wounds, ulcers and sores, scar tissue, inflammation and swelling, pain and discomfort, painful musculoskeletal disorders, painful knee osteoarthritis, arthritis, gout, chronic non-specific back pain, painful or inflamed tendons, temporomandibular myofascial pain, tendon disorders, fixed orthodontic therapy, complications after mandibular 3rd molar surgery, recurrent aphthous stomatitis, tinnitus)
- Designed for cold laser / soft laser applications at home and in therapy clinics by professionals
- Handheld cordless laser for ease of use and convenience
- 808 nm wavelength in invisible infrared light spectrum
Coherent continuous laser beam
- Laser beam penetration 3 – 4 cm depth
- 400 mW max laser power
- Energy transmitted per 10 seconds = 4 Joule / 1 minute = 24 Joule / 5 minutes = 120 Joule
- Battery powered (rechargeable mini Li-Ion battery)
- 2 hours treatment time on fully charged battery
- Battery charging takes circa 90 minutes
- Equipped with electronic overheating control
- Laser Class 3B
- Class 2A Medical Device (CE2274)
- 2 years warranty
Personal Laser™ L400 has been designed for personal use at home use and for applications in therapy clinics by professionals, such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, wound healing specialists, pain relief specialists and dentists. Designed for treatments of localised areas of skin, tissue problems, healing of shallow wounds, relief of musculoskeletal and arthritic complaints, dental pain and tinnitus, relief of pain, reduction in localised pain and discomfort, treatment of localised trigger points, inflammation and swelling, the Personal Laser™ L400 can also be used to perform non-invasive laser acupuncture therapy. Treatments with Personal Laser™ L400 are painless, convenient and easy to deliver and produce fast therapeutic outcomes.
Painful skin and tissue conditions that respond well to LLLT include acne, eczema, psoriasis, herpes simplex, fresh scars, open wounds, post-surgical wounds and pain, post-procedure discomfort, dental pain, mouth ulcers, gum inflammation and soreness, shallow ulcers, sores, blisters, lacerations, cuts, scratches, nail fungus, tissue puffiness, swelling and superficial bruising.
Personal Laser™ L400 is handheld and cordless and generates coherent invisible infrared beam in 808 nm wavelength. The L400 cold laser operates on 400 mW power. Equipped with a powerful rechargeable Li-Ion battery, 2 hours long treatment is delivered from a fully charged battery. Personal Laser™ L400 emits coherent continuous laser light beam that penetrates the skin to 3 – 4 cm depth, facilitating effective and safe localised cold laser light treatments described above. Please note that the 808 nm infrared light laser beam is invisible and the light that you see, when the laser operates is a masking pilot light. Please ensure you do not look into this light and that for your own safety and to prevent accidental looking into the laser beam, you must wear the protective goggles provided during self-treatments or when you are a patient treated with the L400 in the therapy clinic.
Personal Laser™ L400 is a part of patented Energy Lasers series of technologically advanced cold lasers that utilise the latest LLLT/PBM technology. Personal Lasers™ L400 and L200 are the smallest cordless cold lasers in the world.
Using Personal Laser™ L400
Before using Personal Laser™ L400, please ensure understand and follow essential information provided with your laser contained in 2 booklets: 1) User Manual for Personal Laser™ and 2) booklet entitled Treatment with Personal Laser™. Important points to note listed below have been selected from these 2 booklets.
Important points to note:
- To succeed with your therapeutic goals without compromises to your safety, you must follow instructions and recommendations and observe warnings and precautions presented in the booklets User Manual for Personal Laser™ and Treatment with Personal Laser™
- You must check the laser and its optics prior to commencing the treatment. You must carry out a ‘fire’ test on the Laser Test Card provided with your laser. If your laser does not perform as expected or you have any doubts as to its proper and secure functionality, contact your supplier.
- Personal Laser™ L400 is Class 3B Laser and hence, the treated patient must always wear protective eye goggles during use. If you are applying laser self-treatments, you must wear eye goggles for your own safety! If you are a therapist that performs treatments on patients, ensure that the treated patients always wear protective eye goggles!
- Never look directly into the laser beam or point the laser beam on faces/eyes of other people or on the eyes of pets/animals or point the laser beam to shiny or reflective surfaces (i.e. mirrors, reflective glass objects, magnifiers, etc.) as such surfaces could bounce the laser light back into your eyes!
- Personal Laser™ L400 is designed for treatment times lasting for 5 minutes. When operating, the laser beeps every 10 seconds to give indication that treatment contact point on the skin must be changed to prevent overheating – this indicates that you should move the laser into another point circa 1 cm away. You should change the position of the laser with every beep every 10 seconds, gradually covering the entire treatment area. Alternatively, for best outcomes, the laser should be moved slowly back and forth over the treatment area to prevent built-up of local heat.
- Consult User Manual for Personal Laser™ and Treatment with Personal Laser™ for complete information.
Personal Laser™ L400 in use
L400 Personal Laser™ is powerful but simple to use. It is small, light, handheld and cordless for convenience and easy therapeutic applications. L400 Personal-Laser™ is a single infrared light diode cold laser that operates on continuous infrared 808 nm wavelength in the invisible infrared light spectrum.
Personal-Laser™ L400 emits invisible infrared light. The light beam that you see during treatments is the masking pilot light that enables you to direct the beam of invisible light to the desired point or over a treated area. It is of paramount importance not to look into this masking pilot light as it ‘hides’ the invisible laser beam. During self-treatments with the Personal Laser™ L400 you must wear the protective goggles provided for your safety. If you are a therapist treating patients, the patients must always wear the goggles during treatment!
During 5 minutes of operation, the laser L400 emits total of 120 Joule of energy. This equates to 4 Joule per 10 seconds and 24 Joule per minute. During 5 minutes of treatment, 120 Joules are generated and emitted.
Experience with LLLT shows that moderate doses of laser light applied 2 - 3 times per week with maximum time lapse of one week between treatments achieve better outcomes than high doses applied less frequently. Laser light has cumulative effects, hence for best outcomes and depending on indication, there should be a short gap of 1 – 2 days between treatments. However, acute problems (i.e. acute pain, regeneration of compromised or diseased tissue, acute injuries, etc.) require more frequent treatments and can be treated on alternate days. Chronic problems are best treated 3 times a week reducing to 1 – 2 treatments per week. When desired treatment outcomes are achieved, maintenance regime of 1 – 2 treatments per week should continue to prevent relapse of the condition or return of the symptoms.
Points to note: When treating skin problems and open wounds, it is best to wrap the laser optics in a clean cling film for the duration of the treatment session to prevent contamination and potential spread of infections. When treating wounds, ulcers, sores and skin problems (i.e. eczema), it is best to hold and move the laser circa 2 cm above the area (i.e. without touching the surface of the wound, ulcer, skin tear, laceration or sore with the laser optics) to prevent contamination and/or mechanical damage to the vulnerable area. Wound borderline area should be treated with laser optics held a few mm above it, whilst when reaching the intact skin entirely outside the damaged or ulcerated area, you can gently press the laser optics to the skin surface during treatment.
Powered by Li-Ion rechargeable battery, the Personal Laser™ L400 delivers 2 hours of treatments, when the battery is fully charged. It is important to remember that prior to first use, the battery (MINI Li-Ion battery 3.7.V / 650 mAh) must be fully charged. Charging from 130 – 230 V mains power outlet takes circa 1 ½ hours and the charging system automatically ensures that the battery cannot be overcharged. During charging, the indicator LED light on the charger is red. When fully charged the indicator light changes to green or blue.
- When fully charged, attach the bottom part of the laser containing the Li-Ion battery to the upper part of the laser that houses LED display, laser probe with cooling piece and laser optics by screwing /twisting the 2 parts together clockwise. This is simple and easy to do and you will find this quick process described in the user manual.
- The LED display is green when the laser operates, yellow when it is on a standby and red when error is detected /occurs.
- To switch the laser off, simply keep twisting the joined bottom and upper part together until the laser switches on. The laser sounds 3 short beep sounds followed by 1 long beep before the laser starts up. LED display is continually green for the duration of operation.
- Laser remains active for 5 minutes, sounding a short beep every 10 seconds. After completion of the 5 minute session, the laser stops automatically, indicating the end of treatment session with long beep followed by a high/low beep indicating standby. LED display turns to flashing yellow on standby.
- Personal Laser™ L400 is designed to deliver 5 minute treatments and can be used only for maximum 2 x 5 minutes applications to prevent any potential of laser optics overheating and causing discomfort or skin damage during treatments carried out directly in contact with the skin.
- To turn the laser off any time or after completion of treatment session, simply unscrew/ twist anti-clockwise the bottom part from the upper part of the laser body.
- When not in use, always detach/unscrew the bottom laser section containing the battery from the upper part of the laser device containing the laser probe with diode, cooling piece and laser optics. Store all parts of your laser safely in its aluminium storage box. Reassembly prior to next use.
- Cleaning and maintaining your Personal-Laser™ L400 is simple with rubbing alcohol/isopropyl alcohol and wiping dry with clean lint free cloth. Please refer to user manual for step by step cleaning directions as well as for trouble shooting tips.
Suggested approximate treatment times per individual therapy session per area:
- Achilles Tendonitis: 1.5 minutes
- Arthritis in a finger: 30 seconds
- Arthritis in an ankle or wrist: 1.5 minutes
- Arthritis in a knee or shoulder: 2 minutes
- Arthritis in a lumbar region: 2.5 minutes
- Arthritis in a hip: 3 minutes
- Finger arthrosis: 1 minute
- Ankle or wrist arthrosis: 2.5 minutes
- Knee or shoulder arthrosis: 3 minutes
- Lumbar region arthrosis: 4 minutes
- Hip arthrosis: 4 - 5 minutes
- Low back pain: 4 minutes
- Burns (per 10 cm square): 1.5 minute
- Bursitis: 1 minute
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: 1.5 minute
- Circulatory disorders in hands, arms, feet and calf: 2.5 - 4 minutes
- Hematomas and bruises (per 50 cm square): 2.5 minutes
- Twisted tendons and ligaments (i.e. distortions): 2 minutes
- Epicondylitis (tennis or golfers elbow): 3 minutes
- Dislocation: 2.5 minutes
- Muscle pain (per 50 cm square): 2.5 minutes
- Neck pain: 3 minutes
- Patellar tendinitis: 1.5 minutes
- Scars: 2.5 minutes
- Soft tissue rheumatism (per 50 cm square): 4 minutes
- Shoulder tendinitis: 4 minutes
- Trigger points (per point): 30 seconds
- Leg ulcers (per 10 cm square): 1.5 minutes
- Wounds (per 10 cm square): 1.5 minutes
We suggest that you consult a medical professional (i.e. physiotherapist, doctor, laser therapy specialist, etc) for practical advice on LLLT/PBM applications.
Personal Laser™ L400 specifications
- Cold laser / soft laser with single laser light diode
- Wavelength: 808 nm (infrared invisible light)
- Maximum power: 400 mW
- Maximum total power: 400 mW
- Operating mode: continuous wave (CW)
- Spot/Beam divergence (approximate): Spread 10° x 10°
- Laser Class: 3B
- Energy per 10 seconds: 4 Joules
- Energy for 1 minute: 24 Joules
- Energy per 5 minutes: 120 Joules
- Laser light penetration (approximate): 3 – 4 cm depth
- Battery: MINI Li-Ion battery 3.7 V / 650 mAh
- Treatment time per full charge: 2 hours
- Laser Diode: 1 x TO5 – MM 400 mW / 808 nm / Invisible infrared light
- Laser diode life span: 10 000 hours of lighting
- Charger: AC adapter USB-A-Li-Ion Charger, 130 - 230 V / DC 5 V – 1 A
- Dimensions: 76 mm length x 27 mm diameter
- Weight: 42 g
- Operating conditions for normal use: + 10° C to + 25° C; RH 75% or less (non-condensing); atmospheric pressure 700 – 1060 hPa ). Please note: if temperature is higher than 25°C, air conditioning should be used in the treatment room.)
- Environmental conditions for transport/storage: - 5° C to + 35° C; RH 75% or less; atmospheric pressure 700 – 1060 hPa
- Class 2A Medical Device (CE2274)
- 2 years warranty (excluding wilful damage, damage caused by incorrect use and misuse of the laser)
Important point to note: This device is powered by Lithium Battery and therefore you must always follow the manufacturer’s stated Lithium Batteries instructions with regard to use, charging, transport, and recycling. Please refer to User Manual / User Instructions for detailed instructions.
Contraindications and General Precautions
- Always read and familiarise yourself with all contraindications and precautions listed in User Manual for Personal-Laser™ and Treatment with Personal-Laser™ booklet
- If you are in any doubt about using the Personal-Laser™ L400, consult medical professional for advice (i.e. doctor, physiotherapists, etc)
- Do not point the laser beam at your eyes and never attempt to treat the eyes with the laser
- Do not treat abdominal area during pregnancy
- Do not treat tumours and cancerous tissues
- Do not treat areas with hormone producing glands (i.e. thyroid gland in the neck area)
- Do not treat body areas containing organs and/or transplanted organs
- Do not treat areas containing metal or plastic implants
- Do not treat areas containing or near pacemaker and/or implanted defibrillator
- Do not treat if sensitive to light or on medications that increase light sensitivity
- Do not treat if suffering with epilepsy
- Do not treat during fever
- Do not use laser light directly over freckles, birthmarks or tattoos
- Bear in mind that persons with dark skinned and tanned skins have a higher risk of skin overheating and potential skin burns and require an extra caution during laser treatments
- Do not treat children with the laser
- The laser is not a toy and must be kept away from children and out of their reach in safe storage
- The laser must be used only by adults
- Do not use the laser outdoors
- Remove all creams and lotions from the area to be treated prior to treatment – treat only on clean and dry skin
- Do not treat through clothing
- Always perform an assessment (i.e. clinical assessment) of the area to be treated with the laser light
- Use the laser only for intended purpose, such as treatment of skin, pain relief and for healing applications
Personal Laser™ L400 – perfect cold laser companion for clinics and personal use.
Energy Lasers deliver Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) that is currently referred to as photobiomodulation (PBM). LLLT/PBM is an established and thoroughly studied form of painless electrotherapy that utilises cold light for its healing-enhancing properties, reduction of tissue inflammation and drug free non-invasive pain relief.
Energy Lasers are designed for easy use at home as well as for applications by professionals at therapy clinics that treat common issues, such as musculoskeletal pain, inflammation, healing of wounds and skin disorders. Treatment applications of Energy Lasers are painless, effective, safe and simple. Energy Lasers are portable, small, light, handheld, corless and powered by rechargeable batteries for optimum convenience and easy usability.
Energy Lasers are small and easy to use cordless cold laser devices in Laser Class 3B, characterised by power intensity of up to 500 mW.
Win Health Medical presents Energy Lasers:
- Personal Laser™ L200
- Personal Laser™ L400 - this page
- Energy Laser™ L500 PRO with Bluetooth
- Energy Laser™ L800 PRO with Bluetooth
- Energy Laser™ L2000 PRO with Bluetooth
Personal Laser™ L400 – perfect therapeutic cold infrared laser for personal use.
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£5.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £75.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £75.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 3 - 4 working days.
- UK Saturday Delivery (£21.66 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday on following week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Goods of value below £135 (Euros 150) to be shipped to countries of the EU are charged VAT at the rate of relevant EU destination country and shipped uder the IOSS scheme.
- We do not currently ship the goods over £135 / Euros 150 value to the EU countries.
Dimensions: 76 mm length x 27 mm diameter /Weight: 42 g
Personal Laser™ L400 kit contains laser probe with built-in optics, Li-Ion battery, Li-Ion charger, USB cable, USB power adapter, laser test card, safety glasses, User Manual for Personal Laser™, Treatment with Personal Laser™ booklet and an aluminium carry case. CE2274 and 2 years warranty.
VAT exemption available for people with relevant chronic conditions and problems (i.e. chronic arthritis, tinnitus, eczema, etc.). VAT exemption declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase.