AvantSonic Z5 Automatic Bladder Scanner with 3D Probe and Colour Touch Screen
AvantSonic Z5 Bladder Scanner comes with unlimited distance training delivered remotely
- AvantSonic Z5 at a Glance
- Using AvantSonic Z5 Bladder Scanner
- Technical specifications
AvantSonic Z5 Bladder Scanner is a real-time diagnostic ultrasound bladder scanner that measures bladder volume and PVR in men, women and children non-invasively. AvantSonic Z5 is a modern bladder scanner that is reliable, accurate, fast and simple to use. The AvantSonic Z5 delivers accurate measurements quickly, displaying the results on the 8” colour LCD touch screen. The simplicity of use means that the AvantSonic Z5 can be operated easily by medical professionals of all grades, including nursing and paramedic operators without sonographer skills or qualifications.
AvantSonic Z5 is now available with 4 years warranty on entire scanner - console and probe - and unlimited distance training delivered remotely!
AvantSonic Z5 Bladder Scanner consists of the main console unit with built-in thermal printer, 3D ultrasound probe, internal battery and adapter. The scanner can be used conveniently with or without a trolley with basket on wheels. In its portable and light handheld version (i.e. without a trolley), the AvantSonic Z5 is perfect for scanning on the go (i.e. moving between different locations, on home visits, etc.), whilst secure mounting on a sturdy trolley makes it perfect for use in hospitals and clinics, where bladder scanner mobility and stability are equally important (i.e. scanning at different wards, in patients’ rooms or on patients’ beds).
AvantSonic Z5 Bladder Scanner is available UK nationwide directly from us and from the NHS Supply Chain, the NHS Shared Business Services and the NHS National Services Scotland.
- Automatic 3D bladder scanner
- Urine volume and PVR in men, women and children
Affordable, economic and long term cost effective
- Compact and light
- Easy to use
- Fast and accurate
- Usable as a portable scanner and/or on a trolley
- 8” touch screen in colour
- Expert and Easy modes
- Real-time 3D probe
- Pre-scan function
- Smart probe positioning system
- Tissue Harmonic Imaging (THI) for sharp and clear images
- Accurate results in 5 seconds
- Volume measurement accuracy ±7.5%
- Build-in thermal printer
- Stores up to 1000 patients’ data
- Facilitates download of data to a PC
- Multi-lingual set up (English + 9 other languages)
- Powered by lithium-ion rechargeable battery during use
- Powered from AC adapter from mains during battery recharge
- Calibration not required
- Servicing not required
- Saves time and costs
- 4 years warranty on entire scanner (console and probe)
- CE 0482, FDA cleared, RoHS
- Z5 Bladder Scanner Portable
AvantSonic Z5 Bladder Scanner Portable with Training consists of the main console unit with 8” colour touch screen, base with cradle, built-in thermal printer, rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, 3D scanning probe, power adapter fitted with 3 pin UK plug, user manual, an aluminium carry case and a lightweight carry bag. CE 0482. 4 years warranty on scanner console and probe. Demo CD. Unlimited distance training delivered remotely. Certificates of Proficiency in operating AvantSonic Z5 issued. Unlimited long-term phone support as required. Price on Application
- Z5 Bladder Scanner with Trolley
AvantSonic Z5 Bladder Scanner with Trolley and Training consists of the main console unit with 8” colour touch screen, base with cradle, built-in thermal printer, rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, 3D scanning probe, trolley with wheels, power adapter fitted with 3 pin UK plug, user manual and an aluminium carry case. CE 0482. 4 years warranty on scanner console and probe. Unlimited distance training delivered remotely. Certificates of Proficiency in operating AvantSonic Z5 issued. Demo CD. Unlimited long-term phone support as required. Price on Application
- The lightweight carry case (Z5/Z3 Case AvantSonic) can also be purchased separately at the cost of £30.00 + VAT.
- Packs of 10 rolls of printer paper for AvantSonic Z5/Z3 (Z5/Z3 PR Pack of 10) are available at the cost of £15.00 + VAT.
AvantSonic Z5 is easy to use and fast.
AvantSonic Z5 Bladder Scanner is a real-time ultrasound device that accurately measures bladder volume and PVR. The scanner uses 3D ultrasound probe to scan the bladder. Ultrasonic energy penetrates patient’s lower abdomen, generating multiple ultrasound images and uses them to calculate bladder volume. Tissue Harmonic Imaging technique utilised by the Z5 scanner produces clear and sharp images.
Patient gender is selectable: Male, Female, Female post-hysterectomy and Child.
The operator locates the bladder by placing gelled probe vertically on a gelled lower abdomen, circa 3 cm above the pubic bone.
During scanning process, the ultrasound energy is projected through the lower abdomen and generates multiple 2D plane ultrasound images in a few seconds. Sophisticated image processing technique and sophisticated algorithm work together to measure bladder volume accurately and display the measurements numerically on the screen.
AvantSonic Z5 features 2 modes: Expert Mode and Easy Mode
Both the Expert Mode and the Easy Mode have a pre-scan stage and the scanning stage. The bladder is located during the pre-scan stage and the urine volume is measured during the scan and the measurement is displayed automatically.
- In the Expert Mode, the real-time ultrasound cross-section image of the bladder is displayed on the screen, helping the user to verify the validity of the measurement displayed automatically. Green outline of the bladder indicates correct location of the probe and the yellow outline indicates deviation from the centre.
- In the Easy Mode, the scanner guides the user in locating the bladder and displays the volume measurement automatically. To help the user locate the bladder quickly, a green line appears in the centre of the screen view, prompting the user to move the probe to position the graphic image of the bladder over the green line. When positioned correctly, the graphic image of the bladder is in green, when the bladder is not correctly located, its graphic image is shown in yellow.
AvantSonic Z5 features built-in thermal printer that prints out measurements taken, when/if required.
Patient data and measurements can be downloaded to USB disk and transferred to a PC for data storage.
AvantSonic Z5 Bladder Scanner utilises rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. The battery life from a full charge is circa 4 hours. Battery recharging time is circa 2 hours. The scanner is used solely on battery power during scanning and directly from mains via AC adapter during battery recharge.
Point to note: AvantSonic Z5 Bladder Scanner must not be used to scan during charging!
AvantSonic Z5 Bladder Scanner does not require calibration for its entire life span of 6 years due to its patented ultrasound imaging and measurement algorithm technology. Each AvantSonic Z5 Bladder Scanner is calibrated before leaving the manufacturing factory and does not require repeat calibration. If annual calibration is a hospital policy requirement, the hospital’s engineering department or the supplier’s engineers can perform such calibration.
AvantSonic Z5 Bladder Scanner complies with MDD 93/42/EEC (CE 0482) and is FDA cleared.
- Probe: 3D mechanical sector ultrasound probe (MP2/2.5MHZ)
- Standard ultrasonic operation frequency: 2.5 MHz
- Volume measurement range: 0 – 999 ml
- Volume measurement accuracy: ± 7.5%
- Volume display resolution: 1 ml
- Scan time: 5 seconds
- Battery capacity: 2600 mA
- Operation method: on screen touch keyboard
- Tissue Harmonic Imaging technique
- Data storage (up to 1000 data records)
- Thermal printer built-in
- Multicolour image display selection
- Multicoloured screen style selection
- USB port for data transfer to PC
- Bluetooth module for wireless connection to PC
- Monitor dimension: 8” TFT-LCD
- Power consumption: 50 Watts
- Power during charging: 30-65 VA
- Power supply: lithium-ion battery or from mains via AC adapter during battery charging
- Lithium-ion battery model: SNLB-325
- Power adapter: AC100 – 240V ± 24V, 50/60 Hz, 1.2A 120VA 13.5VDC 5A
- Main unit: DC13.5V±0.5V
- Battery recharging time: circa 2 hours
- Battery life on full charge: circa 4 hours
- Environmental conditions: Temperature 5° C to 40° C; RH 30% to 75 %; Pressure 70 kPa to 106 kPa
- Storage and transportation conditions: Temperature -40° C to + 55° C; RH 10% to 80%; Pressure 50 kPa to 106 kPa
- Heat Index: PI lower than 0.1
- Mechanical Index: lower than 0.1
- Dimensions: 210 x 260 x 50 mm
- Weight: circa 1500 g including probe
- Life span: 6 years
- Certifications: CE 0482, FDA cleared, RoHS
AvantSonic Z5 Bladder Scanner – perfect for urine volume and PVR measurements in men, women and children – accurate, fast, easy to use and affordable diagnostic ultrasound bladder scanner for clinics, hospitals and on the go!