Contiform Incontinence Pessary
Contiform Pessary for Women with Stress Incontinence
Contiform pessary helps women suffering stress incontinence (also called 'bladder weakness) by stopping urine leakage. When inserted into the vagina in a similar way to a period tampon, Contiform supports the urethra, restoring the body's natural anatomy and stopping the urine from leaking.
Contiform Incontinence Pessary prevents and controls problems with wetness caused by stress incontinence and pelvic floor weakness. Contiform works instantly to prevent or reduce urine leakage, putting you in control and giving you confidence to live your life without restrictions.
Contiform is available in 3 sizes - Small, Medium and Large. If you are a new user, you need to begin with a Starter Pack enabling you to establish the size of the Contiform pessary you will need to purchase subsequently for long term use.
Contiform incontinence pessary is an affordable method of prevention of everyday personal wetness associated with stress incontinence and pelvic floor weakness. Contiform incontinence prevention pessary reduces symptoms of stress incontinence instantly. It puts you back in control of your stress incontinence, reassuring you and giving you confidence to live your life without restrictions. Designed by leading Australian gynaecologists, Contiform is serves well all women restricted by a leakage problem, including active women and busy new mothers still experiencing incontinence problems 6 weeks and onwards after the childbirth.
Contiform Incontinence Management Pessary background
Contiform is an intra vaginally worn device made from medical grade elastomer moulded and shaped to resemble a hollow tampon for easy vaginal self insertion and removal.
Who can benefit from using Contiform pessary?
- Women suffering stress incontinence
- Women experiencing activity related urine leakage due to sports and exercising
- Women suffering urinary continence problems and not suitable for incontinence surgery
- Women undertaking pelvic floor strengthening training programme aiming to prevent stress incontinence
When worn discreetly inside the vagina, Contiform feels comfortable and reassuring. You can wear it all day or just when you are exercising, undertaking strenuous activity, need extra assurance or when suffering with colds, coughs or frequent sneezing. You can even use Contiform during your period, if not wearing tampon for a period protection.
You can wear your Contiform pessary all day and remove it for cleaning at night. After 30 - 45 days of daily wear, the Contiform will begin to show the signs of wear and tear and begin to lose its efficacy in supporting the urethra and should be replaced. With regular use, Contiform works in harmony with your pelvic floor muscles and can aid their strengthening.
Contiform pessaries are available in 3 sizes - Small / Medium / Large.
To establish your own correct size, if you are a new user, you should purchase the Contiform New User Pack, which includes all 3 sizes of the Contiform device, a removal ribbon and a tutorial DVD.
To try for size, select the Contiform pessary in the Medium size first. The Medium size is clearly marked with an 'M'.
Once inserted, you should feel comfortable and you should not be experiencing urine leakage. If you do not feel comfortable or have difficulties emptying your bladder, whilst wearing medium sized Contiform, remove it and try the Small size, marked 'S'.
Alternatively, try the Large size pessary, if you find that you are still leaking, when fitted with the Medium size.
You can remove the Contiform with your hand or using a silicone ribbon supplied free with your Contiform. If you have difficulties fitting your Contiform for the first time, you may wish to consult your continence nurse or a physiotherapist for help with initial fitting. Once you have established your correct size and using your Contiform, at some point in time your Contiform will need replacing. Then simply select and purchase Contiform User Replacement Pack containing a single Contiform ring unit in your relevant size.
Contiform Stress Incontinence Management Packs
*Contiform New User Starter Pack and Contiform Single Unit Replacement Packs can be purchased without VAT for personal use by women suffering relevant chronic problems (i.e. stress incontinence).
- Contiform New User Pack
Contiform New User Pack consists of 3 Contiform rings (Small, Medium, Large), DVD, removal ribbon and user information leaflet.
CE mark Medical Device (CE0805) single user device
- Contiform Replacement Packs - Contiform Single Pessary Packs
Contiform Replacement Packs contain a single size Contiform ring, a removal ribbon and user information leaflet.
Sizes to select from: Small / Medium / Large
CE mark Medical Device (CE0805) single user device
Contiform Pessary Insertion Steps
Contiform pessary is simple to insert and with practice over time, fitting the Contiform ring becomes much easier.
- Step 1: Prior to fitting your Contiform, empty your bladder and wash your hands.
- Step 2: Prior to the first and each subsequent use, wash the Contiform ring in warm water and unscented soap. Rinse well in clean water.Insert Contiform, when it is moist with water as this makes insertion easier. Do not use lubricants or petroleum jelly as these will make the ring slippery and prone to falling out.
- Step 3: Assume a comfortable position. You can try sitting on a toilet with legs apart; standing with one leg raised on a chair; squatting or lying down with bent knees and legs apart. Relax.
- Step 4: Push Contiform down the middle of the narrower part of the ring with your forefinger, whilst squeezing the sides of the ring together. With a little practice, you will perfect this technique.
- Step 5: When Contiform is positioned correctly in your hand, gently insert it inwards and up towards the back of your vagina till it sits behind your pubic bone and you no longer feel it against the vaginal opening.
- Step 6: When securely in place, you should not be able to feel it and you should be comfortable. If however, it feels uncomfortable or you can feel it moving, simply remove it, rinse in the water and try again.
- Step 1: Sit comfortably and relaxed.
- Step 2: Insert your forefinger into your vagina and thread through the Contiform ring until your finger hooks around the top of the ring.
- Step 3: Pull Contiform gently down from behind the pubic bone and out of the vagina. As the vagina is designed to stretch, the Contiform comes out easily.
In addition to using your hands, you can also use the removal ribbon supplied with the device. The ribbon acts on the same way as the string on a tampon. The ribbon can be easily attached to the ring and makes removal easier.
- Remove Contiform prior to intercourse
- Do not use during pregnancy and not for 6 weeks after childbirth
- Do not use if you have a vaginal infection (i.e. thrush), vaginal sores or soreness
- If you have cystitis
- If you are using an IUD (i.e. coil)
Please note that Contiform is NOT suitable for women with prolapse!
Contiform Questions and Answers
- Q.: When should I use the Contiform?
A.: it is your personal choice. You can use it all day or just during exercises or when you want to reassure yourself that no leakage will occur.
- Q.: Why is Contiform made in 3 sizes?
A.: Every woman is different and you need to establish your correct size to ensure effectiveness of the device.
- Q.: What should I know about correct cleaning of Contiform?
A.: Contiform should be removed at least once in every 24 hours. You should wash it in warm water and use unscented soap. When you use Contiform during your period, you may notice a slight discolouration. It is normal. As long as you clean your device regularly, it will continue to be effective.
- Q.: What does Contiform do?
A.: Contiform is an intra vaginal device that provides immediate and lasting control of everyday urine leakage caused by weak pelvic floor muscles (i.e. stress incontinence). With regular use, it works in harmony with pelvic floor exercises to improve muscle tone.
- Q.: Can Contiform slip out when I go to the toilet?
A.: It should stay in place when you urinate. It can move when you strain to empty your bowels. Simply remove it and wash it and push back into place.
- Q.: How long can I use one Contiform device for?
A.: As long as you use and clean your Contiform as directed, each unit should last up to 30 days.
- Q.: Can Contiform cause Toxic Shock Syndrome?
A.: Contiform is unlikely to cause Toxic Shock Syndrome, because it is not absorbent and therefore different than a tampon.
- Q.: Is Contiform safe?
A.: Contiform is soft and flexible. It is made from material that is unlikely to cause allergic reaction. Contiform has been thoroughly researched and tested.
- Q.: Can Contiform be lost inside my body?
A.: No. It has no place to go. The opening at the top of the vagina is too small.
- Q.: Can I use Contiform during my period?
A.: Yes, you can. However, you will not be able to use tampons at the same time.
- Q.: Do I have to ask my doctor before I use Contiform?
A.: This is only essential, if you are leaking constantly, have had any form of bladder surgery or suffer from previously diagnosed condition affecting your bladder. If you experience any irritation or vaginal discharge during use, remove the device and consult your doctor or other relevant health professional.
- Q.: Can I send Contiform back, if I change my mind about using it?
A.: Contiform is a device for personal use. Due to its personal nature and hygiene issues, once the pack is opened, Contiform is not returnable.
About Stress Incontinence
Millions of women around the world suffer incontinence. Incontinence is a very common problem that can be effectively treated with symptoms eradicated or at least minimised. However, as incontinence is still carries a stigma and is perceived to be an embarrassing personal problem, many sufferers do not seek medical help, feeling too embarrassed to discuss it with their doctors.
Stress incontinence is very common amongst women. It can affect women of all ages, but is frequently seen to start during pregnancy and after childbirth as well as following the start of the menopause.
Stress incontinence is directly related to the weakness of pelvic floor muscles. Weak pelvic floor muscles allow urine leakage each time, when there is an increase in abdominal pressure that in turn puts pressure on the bladder. Increased abdominal pressure arises during normal activities such as lifting, running, jogging, exercising or simply just laughing, coughing or sneezing.
Contiform Pessary summary
Contiform pessary is designed to help women suffering stress incontinence by stopping urine leakages. It can help you lead normal life, enjoy social events and sporting activities without worries or embarrassment of wetting yourself. Easy to use, safe and simple to fit pessary-like incontinence prevention device, Contiform can restore the quality of your life today!
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£5.00 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.00 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 3 - 4 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£15.00 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Contiform pessary size: Small - Medium - Large
- Contiform New User Pack: Contiform New User Pack consists of 3 Contiform rings (Small, Medium, Large), DVD, removal ribbon and user information leaflet. CE mark Medical Device (CE0805) single user device.
- Contiform Replacement Packs - Contiform Single Pessary Packs: Contiform Replacement Pack contains a single size Contiform ring (as you select), a removal ribbon and user information leaflet. Sizes to select from: Small / Medium / Large. CE mark Medical Device (CE0805) single user device. Please note that the Contifirm Large Size Replacement Pack in now out of stock.
VAT exemption is available, when purchased for personal use by women with relevant chronic conditions. VAT relief declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase.