Laser Therapy Guides and Handbooks
- Light and Laser Therapy: CLINICAL PROCEDURES by Curtis Turchin
- Laser Therapy, a Clinical Manual by Jennifer A. Blahnik and David W. Rindge
- A Podiatrist's Guide to Low Level Laser Therapy by Kerry G. Tume and Sean Tume
- Lasers that Heal by Lars Hode
Light and Laser Therapy: CLINICAL PROCEDURES by Curtis Turchin
Light and Laser Therapy: Clinical Procedures is a third edition (2007) laser therapy teaching book by Curtis Turchin, MA, DC
Light and Laser Therapy is an excellent laser therapy compendium that is the ideal "first book" for a beginner in laser therapy. Light and Laser Therapy is a teaching and informative book. Lasers and laser therapy are explained in an easy-to-understand language. Instructions on how to calculate doses, power densities etc. are followed by practical therapy advice for a great number of indications, illustrated on body charts. Dr. Turchin has practised laser therapy for more than 20 years, has published 20 articles on the subject, and is a medical-legal expert.
Light and Laser Therapy book has the following chapters:
- Science of Laser Therapy
- Head and Face Treatments - Head and Face Diagrams
- Spine and Pelvic Treatments - Spine and Pelvic Diagrams
- Systemic Treatments – Systemic Diagrams
- Upper Body Treatments – Upper Body Diagrams
- Lower Body Treatments – Lower Body Diagrams
- Adjunctive Natural Treatments
- Bibliography – Glossary
Light and Laser Therapy: Clinical Procedures by Curtis Turchin (third edition 2007) has 162 pages.
Laser Therapy - a Clinical Manual by J A Blahnik and D W Rindge
A book written by Jennifer A. Blahnik and David W. Rindge, Doctors of Oriental Medicine. It is a 130 page manual on the clinical aspects of low level laser therapy, local irradiation and laser acupuncture. Laser therapy instructions are supplemented by herbal and dietary therapies and recommendations. The manual explains the fundamentals of lasers, dosage and treatment strategies. 45 conditions are described with treatment protocols, illustrations and references from scientific literature. A fantastic aid to understanding and practising laser therapy!
Contents of the Laser Therapy - a Clinical Manual:
- History of Light Therapy
- How lasers work
- Characteristics of laser light
- Electromagnetic spectrum and wavelength
- Dosage / Power
- Coherence v Non-Coherence
- Physics of light in tissue
- Physiological effects of laser therapy
- Contraindications, laser classifications and special considerations
- How to choose a laser
- Treatment strategies
- Things to remember
- Conditions and protocols
- Positive double blind studies
130 pages. ISBN 0-9747572-0-9.
A Podiatrist Guide to Low Level Laser Therapy
This guide by Kerry and Sean Tume aims at podiatrists, giving practical advice on treating a range of podiatric disorders with low level lasers.
Contents of A Podiatrist Guide to Low Level Laser Therapy:
- Introduction to Low Level Laser Therapy
- Laser Safety
- Laser Techniques
- Primary Applications
- Laser Application for Podiatric Conditions
- Review of Podiatric Anatomy
- Myofascial Trigger Points for Podiatry
- Glossary of Laser Terms
A Podiatrist Guide to Low Level Laser Therapy has 94 pages. Published by Prima Books.
Lasers that Heal by Lars Hode
'Lasers that Heal' is a new booklet authored by Lars Hode. ‘Lasers that Heal’ booklet contains 34 A4 pages and is intended to be an information source about laser phototherapy for patients, customers, sceptics and laymen in general. Lars Hode is a physicist, specialising in medical laser applications and working with laser therapy since 1985. He is the president and founder of the Swedish Laser-Medical Society.
The Lasers that Heal booklet has three chapters:
- For the patient in general, giving a brief explanation about what laser phototherapy is and is not.
- For those who want to know more.
- For the advanced reader - containing 80 scientific references.
It is possible even for the beginner to learn the essentials of healing laser therapy principles and, if the interest grows, you can learn more about laser therapy from more advanced books later to expand your knowledge.
Please note that VAT is not charged on books!
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.