Deafgard Wireless Fire Alarm Listening Device
Deafgard Protects Deaf and Hard of Hearing People
Deafgard is an innovative wire-free fire alarm listening device, which ensures that deaf and hard of hearing people can recognise a fire alarm at all times. Deafgard listens for the fire alarm, allowing people to rest, sleep or relax without the inconvenience of having to wear their normal hearing aids.
- Installation not required
- Compliant with Equality Act 2010
- Dual battery supply prevents failure
- Alarm clock capability for deaf people
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Compliant with relevant parts of BS 5446-3
- CE mark
Deafgard Fire Alarm Listening Device - safety and protection for deaf people!
*Deafgard can be purchased VAT free for personal use by people suffering relevant chronic problems. VAT exemption declaration can be completed online in our Online Shop.
Deafgard Fire Alarm Listening Device background
Fire presents a high risk situation to deaf and hard of hearing people, especially when they stay in hotels, guest houses, care homes and other residential buildings. Under the mandatory terms of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA), effective since 1st October 2004, all owners of commercial and public buildings are required to make adequate provisions for the needs of the deaf and hard of hearing people.
Deafgard delivers effective solution! Deafgard is the latest advance in the development of wireless technology. Deafgard offers safe and portable answer to communicating the sounding of an alarm to all guests and residents that are deaf or hard of hearing.
Deafgard fire alarm listening device incorporates a wire-free, battery-powered, acoustically - triggered bedside unit with a high intensity strobe with a connected vibrator pad. The vibrator pad is placed under the pillow, on which the deaf or hard of hearing person rests. Deafgard commences it duties, listening for a fire alarm. As soon as the fire alarm sounds, the vibrator pad underneath the pillow vibrates and wakes the sleeping person by its strong motion, whilst the activated strobe flashes and provides an additional visual indicator of emergency. The deaf individual becomes aware of the potential danger and is able to leave the room seeking safety.
Deafgard is fully compliant with DDA recommendations and is designed to respond to fire alarm installed in conformity with the British Standard 5839 Part 1. Deafgard features a test button facility that ensures working operational status. It has a long term battery back up and a fail-to-safe internal dual power supply with LCD visual indicator that reports all inner depletions and indicates the need for replacement, repair or servicing.
Deafgard offers the following features and benefits:
- Deafgard is wire-free and portable
- Deafgard is reliable and affordable
- Deafgard vibrates under pillows and alerts deaf and hard of hearing persons to fire emergency
- Deafgard has a high intensity flashing strobe that provides additional safeguard of visual emergency warning
- Deafgard also sounds an additional audible warning for hearing companion
- Deafgard offers clock and alarm clock facility
- Deafgard is fully compliant with DDA
- Deafgard is perfect for hotels, care homes and other accommodation facilities presenting relevant risk to deaf people
- Deafgard is also a perfect travelling companion for deaf and hard of hearing people - we supply your Deafgard carry bag!
- Overall height: 11.5 cm
- Base unit height: 5.5 cm
- Width: 16.5 cm
- Depth: 12.5 cm
- Weight: 620 g
- Packed weight: 750 g
- Casing material: ABS
- Battery: 4 x C size, alkaline (LR14)
- Battery life expectancy: > 12 months
Visit Hearing Aids page to view other hearing related products.
DeafGard Listening Device - intelligent device that keeps deaf people safe, if fire strikes - a perfect companion for deaf and hard of hearing people!
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£5.00 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.00 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 3 - 4 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£15.00 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
Overall height: 11.5 cm / Base unit height: 5.5 cm / Width: 16.5 cm / Depth: 12.5 cm // Weight: 620 g
One ready to use Deafgard unit with internal dual battery power supply and user instructions. 12 months warranty.
VAT exemption is available, when purchased for personal use by people with relevant chronic conditions. VAT relief declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase.