Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 EMG Biofeedback
Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 is currently OUT OF STOCK
Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 is a single channel advanced EMG Biofeedback device that is simple to use, accurate, reliable and affordable. Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 has been designed to enhance Kegel exercises by Biofeedback and motivate the user to continue with the rehabilitation and pelvic floor muscle strengthening
Please note that pelvic floor exercises are frequently referred to as Kegel exercises. Kegel exercises strengthen pelvic floor and help to prevent incontinence and other pelvic floor weakness related problems.
In addition to pelvic floor rehabilitation, the Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 can also be used for general muscle rehabilitation in Sports, General Physiotherapy and Neurology. Portable and cost effective, the Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 is the perfect EMG Biofeedback device for clinics and for home use.
Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 is a tool that measures muscle activities and expresses the measurements in microvolts. It is a single channel EMG Biofeedback device designed to aid clinicians in muscle assessment, which is essential to prescribing effective rehabilitation programs based in each individual patient’s needs. Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 can also help individuals at home to learn more about their own muscles and above all, improve their muscle strength and tone.
*Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 and accessories can be purchased VAT free for personal use by persons suffering relevant chronic problems.
Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 EMG Biofeedback background
Nu-Tek EMG ETS STIM Devices have been designed by Jim Oliver, formerly of Verity Medical - the makers of NeuroTrac brand of electrotherapy devices - and an expert in EMG and neuromuscular stimulation and all the applications of EMG and neuromuscular stimulation in continence therapy, pelvic floor assessment, pelvic floor rehabilitation, general muscle rehabilitation and pain relief. The aim of the Nu-Tek range is to provide clinicians with an advanced and reliable alternative brand of devices for clinics and for home use, thus, delivering quality, choice and affordability.
Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 is a tool that measures muscle activities and expresses the measurements in microvolts. It is a single channel EMG Biofeedback device designed to aid clinicians in muscle assessment, which is essential to prescribing effective rehabilitation programs based in each individual patient’s needs. The Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 can also help individuals at home to learn more about their own muscles and above all, improve their muscle strength and tone.
Electromyography (EMG) measures muscle activity in microvolts (µV), providing valuable biofeedback to the users and the therapists. EMG aids muscle rehabilitation by guiding the users to maximise the outcomes of muscle exercises to meet their individual goals, thus enhancing training efforts and optimising confidence. EMG applications include pelvic floor rehabilitation, sports rehabilitation & muscle enhancement, neurological rehab and general physiotherapy.
Conditions that respond well to EMG Biofeedback: Incontinence, Pelvic floor pain, Limb pain, Lower back pain, Neck and shoulder pain, Spinal conditions, Repetitive strain injury, Stroke, Pelvic muscle weakness, Muscle activation retraining, Muscle activation coordination, Muscle relaxation training, Muscle re-education.
Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 is a simple to use advanced EMG device with 2 custom programs enabling the therapist or the user to define and program in personalised parameters that meet individual muscle rehabilitation or muscle training needs. The user can select the Bar Graph mode for easy to understand EMG Biofeedback bar graph to display muscle strength. Alternatively, experienced therapist can select the Line Graph mode that presents the measurements in a waveform format that helps to analyse patient’s condition.
Maxi Plus1 features large LCD for easy reading of real time visual feedback EMG measurements. The EMG measurements are classed on Nu-Tek Scale scoring of 1 – 6 and presented in either a simple Bar Graph or in the waveform format (Line Graph). The Bar Graph offers an easy way of understanding muscle strength (i.e. more suitable for individual users of the EMG device), whilst the Line Graph enables detailed analysis of the measurements by experienced clinicians. Understanding of EMG results plays a vital role in motivation of the users to meet their individual pre-set standards and helps clinicians to set the targets correctly as well as appraise progress in achieving them.
Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 EMG Parameters
- Program duration: 99 minutes maximum
- Threshold: 0.6 – 2000 µV During Work period the user/patient is prompted to contract above threshold. In the Rest period the user / patient is prompted to relax the muscles.
- Filter: Wide / Narrow
- Biofeedback: Above / Below / Continue / OFF; Above the threshold; Below the threshold; Continue-sound; OFF – no bar graph sound.
- Work / Rest time: 2 – 99 seconds
- Threshold setting: Auto / Manual
- Trial: Number of Work / Rest repetitions, 2 – 99
Please note: The threshold is an EMG value in microvolts (µV). This value is higher for stronger muscles performing strong contractions and lower for weak or flaccid muscles.
The Maxi Plus1 features an Auto threshold which is designed to reflect actual level of patient’s muscle strength and a Manual threshold that can be adjusted manually at any time.
Nu-Tek Maxi Plus 1 Single Channel EMG Biofeedback Device can be linked to a PC using Nu-Tek Software to record, store and analyse the measurements after each session, building up the history of patient’s progress. Periodically you will be able to download newly developed programs and update the device via USB cable.
Nu-Tek Maxi Plus 1 Single Channel EMG Biofeedback specifications
- Single channel EMG
- EMG range: 0.2 to 2000µV RMS (continuous)
- Sensitivity: 0.1µV RMS
- Accuracy: 4% of µV reading +/- 0.3µV at 200 Hz
- Selectable Bandpass filter – 3db Bandwidth
- Wide: 18 Hz +/- 4 Hz to 370 Hz +/- 10% - Reading
- Narrow: 100 Hz +/- 5% to 370 Hz +/- 10%
- Notch filter: 50 Hz (Canada 60 Hz) – 33 dbs (0.1% accuracy)
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: 130 dbs Minimum @ 50 Hz
- Work/Rest periods: 2 – 99 sec;
- Number of Trials: 2 – 99
- Lock Mode
- Power supply (6V): 4 x 1.5V AA batteries
- Low voltage warning: <4V
- Auto switch off when not in use
- Conditions for use: 5° C - 40° C; 15 – 93% Humidity
- Conditions for storage and transport: - 10° C to 50° C; 0 – 93% Humidity
- Atmospheric pressure: 700 hPa – 1060 hPa
- Size: 139 x 68 x 33 mm (L x W x D)
- Weight: circa 149 g (excluding batteries)
Contraindications and Precautions
There are no precautions when using EMG, unless used for pelvic floor muscles with vaginal probe. In such case, the following apply:
- Do not use during menstruation
- Do not use when inflammation or infection is present in the vaginal area or urinary tract
Use the device as prescribed by your medical professional. If you are in any doubt as to its suitability for use, consult your doctor or physiotherapist.
Always read User Manual prior to use and follow its recommendations. Retain User Manual for future reference.
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 control unit size: 139 x 68 x 33 mm (L x W x D) / Weight: circa 149 g (excluding batteries)
Nu-Tek Maxi Plus1 Single Channel EMG Biofeedback kit consists of the control unit, set of 4 self-adhesive skin electrodes (50 x 50 mm), Nu-Tek vaginal probe, conductive lead, reference lead, 4 x 1.5V AA batteries, cradle stand, User Manual. Free copy of Women’s Waterworks Curing Incontinence by Dr Pauline Chiarelli. CE mark Medical Device (CE0197). 2 years warranty.
Nu-Tek System Software with license for 5 activations for use on 5 PCs is optional extra.
VAT exemption is available, when purchased for personal use by people with relevant chronic conditions. VAT relief declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase.