SensaTone Pelvic Floor Stimulator for Men
It is estimated that one in every seven man experience some form of incontinence during their lifetime. Incontinence can strike at any age, burdening younger and older men and reducing their quality of life.
SensaTone for Men is a simple to use and effective pelvic floor stimulator designed to fight off the symptoms of incontinence by strengthening pelvic floor through stimulation induced passive and effortless pelvic floor exercises. As the symptoms of incontinence arise from pelvic floor weakness, these symptoms can be reduced or eradicated by pelvic floor strengthening through regular pelvic floor work out. Stimulation mimics muscle exercises and helps men develop strong pelvic floor. Men with strong pelvic floor enjoy greater control over their bladders.
SensaTone for Men is a digital electric pelvic floor stimulator. Electric muscle stimulation has been used effectively for many decades in muscle rehabilitation. Incontinence is amongst conditions, which respond well to stimulation.
*SensaTone for Men and spare accessories (i.e. Anuform sensor) can be purchased VAT free by men suffering from relevant chronic problems.
SensaTone for Men background
As many as 1 in 7 men experience some kind of incontinence during lifetime. Thought incontinence is not life immediately threatening, it is deeply embarrassing, distressing and depressing problem. If the symptoms persist for a long time, loss of confidence and social isolation frequently follow.
How can SensaTone for Men help male incontinence suffers?
SensaTone for Men is a digital electric pelvic floor stimulator. Electric muscle stimulation has been used effectively for many decades in muscle rehabilitation. Incontinence is amongst conditions, which respond well to stimulation. During electrical stimulation, mild electric pulses generated by the stimulator unit are delivered to the pelvic floor via anal sensor (i.e. anal probe) to induce repeated contractions and relaxations of the muscles. This effortless and passive pelvic floor work out leads to gradual increase in muscle strength, muscle tone and muscle firmness, progressively reducing the symptoms of incontinence.
There are three types of urinary incontinence and SensaTone for Men can treat them all, using specifically pre-set modes (Mode A – D):
- Urge incontinence is a feeling of strong and sudden and frequently uncontrollable urge to pass urine. You can treat urge incontinence with Mode A for 30 minutes 1 – 2 times per day. When treating urge incontinence, the reduction of symptoms is achieved by reducing the severity of false signals sent by the bladder to the brain. Urge incontinence normally responds quickly to stimulation and you can see improvements in as little as 2 weeks.
- Stress incontinence is a leakage of urine, which occurs when you sneeze, cough, laugh, run or exercise. You can treat stress incontinence on Mode B for 30 minutes once a day or every other day, depending on how severe your symptoms are. Please note that when treating stress incontinence, improvements are achieved slowly, because building up muscles and nerve sensitivity can take a long time (i.e. up to 2 months). Be patient and perform your treatments regularly as recommended.
- Mixed incontinence is a mixture of urge and stress incontinence. You will sometimes leak and other times you will experience uncontrolled urgency to pass urine. Mixed incontinence is treated on Mode C, performing complete programme of 45 minutes once per day. With mixed incontinence, treatment objectives are to strengthen the muscles and increase nerve sensitivity as well as reduce the false signals from the bladder reaching the brain. With this type of incontinence, it is possible to see some improvements within 21 days.
- Mode D is an additional Mode used mainly for After Care. This means that you can use it after you have completed your treatment with the Mode A, B or C designed for your type of incontinence. Alternatively, you can use mode D regularly for maintenance after your incontinence symptoms subside and your condition has improved.
SensaTone for Men is also suitable for treating Faecal Incontinence and Nocturnal Enuresis. However, you should do this after consultation or under supervision of a medical professional (i.e. continence physiotherapist or continence nurse), who will determine the best treatment mode for you to use.
During stimulation treatment with SensaTone, you will feel gentle tingly sensation of the electrical signals contracting and relaxing your pelvic floor muscles. You can adjust the intensity of the signals up or down to your personal preference, ensuring that you do not feel pain or discomfort during treatment.
SensaTone for Men is simple to use. It is a battery powered stimulator to be used with an anal sensor Anuform (provided with the device). You will find simple instructions on Anuform insertion in your user manual.
SensaTone for Men Technical Specifications
- Output channel: Single Channel
- Programmes: 4 pre-set modes
- Output Waveform: Bi-phasic rectangular
- Output Voltage: 0 - 40 V adjustable in 14 steps across a 500 ohm load
- Output Intensity: 0 - 80 mA adjustable in 14 steps across a 500 ohm load
- Automatic Power Off: 5 minutes of non-use
- Battery: 2 x 1.5 V AAA alkaline batteries
- Low battery detector: 2.2 V +/- 0.1V
- Size: 12 x 3 x 1.5 cm
- Read user manual prior to first use and retain user manual for future reference.
- Follow recommendations listed in user manual.
- Do not use SensaTone if you have a pacemaker fitted.
- Consult your doctor prior to first use if you have a heart condition, undiagnosed pain, metal implants and any doubts as to your suitability for electrical stimulation.
- Do not use during bowel or urinary infection or if you have local tissue damage or recent local surgical scars.
UK Shipping Schedule and Costs
UK delivery speed and cost are selectable in the Checkout. All orders are shipped in plain discreet packaging.
- UK Regular Delivery (£4.50 + VAT):
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days. Orders must be received before 2 pm (Monday – Friday).
- UK Next Day by Courier (£7.50 + VAT):
Next Day Delivery by Courier for orders received before 2 pm on working days (Monday to Friday) - expect delivery on next working day (Monday to Friday).
- UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more:
UK Free Delivery Option for online only orders of £50.00 excluding VAT or more is free and takes approximately 5 - 6 working days. Purchases shipped with Free Delivery cannot be tracked!
- UK Saturday Delivery (£13.50 + VAT):
Saturday Delivery applies only to the UK Mainland Only. Saturday Delivery Orders must be placed before 2 pm on the Friday. Orders received after 2 pm on Friday will be delivered on Saturday next week.
Overseas Shipping Schedule
- Overseas deliveries take approximately 7 - 14 working days depending on destination.
- Shipping costs depend on the type of goods and the delivery address.
- Cost of shipping is shown in the Checkout prior to the completion of the purchase.
- VAT is removed automatically from all purchases for deliveries outside the EU.
- Customs Fees or Import Duties may be charged in the country of destination outside the EU. If such charges apply, they are the customer’s responsibility. Custom Fees or Import Duties do not apply to deliveries to EU countries.
Sensatone unit size: 12 x 3 x 1.5 cm
SensaTone for Men kit: SensaTone for Men kit consists of the SensaTone unit, Anuform anal sensor, connective lead wire, neck cord, 5 g sachet of Aquagel lubricant, 2 x 1.5 V AAA batteries, user instructions and a storage bag. CE mark Medical Device (CE0120) and 5 years warranty.
VAT exemption is available, when purchased for personal use by people with relevant chronic conditions. VAT relief declaration must be completed online at the time of purchase.